[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I lack strong opinions? Are there any books about this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1366240955054.jpg (40KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1366240955054.jpg
40KB, 399x388px
Why do I lack strong opinions? Are there any books about this feel?

I used to be super /pol/-tier right wing but now Im thinking about viewpoints but I cant really subscribe to any one ideology or fully agree with any one thing. Even individual issues have so many different ways to be looked at
>>
>>9087371
Everything is ideology, which mean that no ideology can be evaluated from an objective standpoint. You should instead think of ideology as a way of making sense of the world and your place in it. So just try different things on for size and see what fits you best. And if after a while it gets worn out, try something else.
>>
start from the ground up.

Ask yourself if there is any one thing that you still strongly believe. Test that belief in all ways you can, not by asking dumb metaphysical questions like 'what is truth' or "who am I to feel strongly about it" but by searching to see if there is any way that the belief is contradictory or can be disproven by data that actually exists

You don't need to subscribe to an ideology or school of thought to have strong organic opinions, and often it only weakens your own moral base. Read Descartes's Rules for the Direction of the Mind and try to discipline your thoughts. Often you can pick up from popular culture and philosophical arguments a sort of malaise and start fearing that there is no way to be self-secure in a belief due to the fact that all beliefs are called into question. This is untrue. Any belief that can withstand questioning is only made stronger. You need to practice questioning your beliefs in a holistic, productive way.
>>
>>9087371
labels are limitations. anyone and i mean ANYONE who describes themselves as /pol/-tier right wing needs to get off 4chan and go outside
>>
>>9087371
Desiring the Kingdom
James K.A. Smith
>>
>>9087371
it means you're finally realizing how stupid and poorly read you actually are. I wouldn't say your prognosis is too good though based off the fact it took so many years for you to discern such a facile truth: "Even individual issues have so many different ways to be looked at"
>>
>>9087371
it means youre growing up op.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.