[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oswald Spengler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: spengler21.jpg (115KB, 397x600px) Image search: [Google]
spengler21.jpg
115KB, 397x600px
Opinions on The Decline of the West and Man and Technics?

I agree with Spengler on all accounts. Is it even possible to refute the idea that the West is on its death bed?
>>
File: 754839573485.png (186KB, 518x507px) Image search: [Google]
754839573485.png
186KB, 518x507px
lebensphilosophie is fascist!
>>
>>9086623
Did you read the abridged or unabridged version of the Decline?
>>
>>9086630

Embarrassing review of the book. It's not because your Marxist friends don't read books they criticize that he shouldn't.
>>
>>9086623
I had never heard of him until now. I just read the wiki page for The Decline of the West - it sounds very interesting. I'd like to give it a read.
>>
>>9086689
This thread made me curious and I looked up a text from Adorno on Spengler (not sure if it has been translated) and altough there is a lot of critique he also shows a lot of respect for Spengler and defends him in certain aspects.
>>
>>9086623
>the West is on its death bed?
Define: the West
Define: death bed

There is only each individual. And each group they form. And what those do.

Der def of da whoole civilezation. Awl da resauces will dissapaer over night, and no one will remember how to use a hammer. Problems and solutions: define them.
>>
>>9086665
I've read the unabridged version.

>>9088337
>define the West
The Western civilization - various groups of white people that share Christian cultural roots and hold similar values, especially in terms of ethics.

>define death bed
The end of (traditional) Western civilization

>der def of da whoole civelization
All it takes is a short walk and careful observation of the people around you to realize that this is indeed the end.
>>
>>9088593
>that this is indeed the end
confirmation bias and personal hopeful wishing.

>The Western civilization - various groups of white people that share Christian cultural roots and hold similar values, especially in terms of ethics.

Is this purely a white people thing? (what percentage of Western Civ is roughly, USA?)(immigrants have been coming to, building, america since (its inception).

Do you think the solution is: White people only nations?

Oh, ok, now I see what you mean. You are implying, the end of ""high culture""?

Well what about the great depression, and the world wars and great wars, where was the high culture, ethics and traditional WC then?
>>
>>9088337
hurrrr durrr derp derp
>>
>>9089442
Not that anon. Race isn't a genetic thing, its about culture. Though its common enough to get your culture from genetically identical people, ie your parents.

"White people" are not only the descendant of Europeans with fair skin, but anyone that shares the values of that civilization. When the standard boring professor says "white supremacy" they aren't referring to a genetic block, but west values. White supremacy is the proliferation of capitalism, meritocracy, male disposability and the nuclear family.
>>
>>9086623
>Is it even possible to refute the idea that the West is on its death bed?
Yeah man, considering he said that fucking one hundred years ago.
>>
I've been trying to find a quote of which I believe was written by him.

It was along the lines of, "sometimes there are men who cannot be stopped on their path"

I think it was in relation to Hitler, maybe?
>>
Yes: Trump.
>>
Decline of the West was the Guns, Germs and Steel of the 1920s. That is, it gets everything wrong.
>>
>>9089724
They are referring to both genetic racism and 'values racism' with the genetic the extreme subset that makes the category meaningfully usable/meaningfully manipulable.

If you want my opinion, they maybe don't mean genetic supremacism, but they're sure happy for you to think that's what they mean.

Also personality traits are differently inherited across different geographic and genetic groups; racism is a science.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.