[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fuck, he's right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (77KB, 700x668px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 700x668px
fuck, he's right
>>
>>9085685
>taking everything at surface level
>implying it even matters what the author meant
you on some dumb ass shit rn, dont make me pull out the draco nigga
>>
>>9085689

>still responding to this

t. newfaggot
>>
>>9085685
>implying the author even has the ability to access every meaning encoded in their work
This chart was made by someone mad at his English teacher, and is only reposted by high school level faggots with no imagination.
>>
>"Week before last I went to Wesleyan and read “A Good Man Is Hard to Find.” After it I went to one of the classes where I was asked questions. There were a couple of young teachers there and one of them, an earnest type, started asking the questions. “Miss O’Connor,” he said, “why was the Misfit’s hat black?” I said most countrymen in Georgia wore black hats. He looked pretty disappointed. Then he said, “Miss O’Connor, the Misfit represents Christ, does he not?” “He does not,” I said. He looked crushed. “Well, Miss O’Connor,” he said, “what is the significance of the Misfit’s hat?” I said it was to cover his head; and after that he left me alone.”
>>
>>9085757
source?
>>
>>9085778
It's a quote, just Google it. I'm drunk and I got mozzarella sticks
>>
>>9085786
i gogoled it and no find anything please
>>
>>9085792
no. learn how to use the internet
>>
>>9085778
>>9085792
Your google-fu must be atrocious, then.

>>9085757
Either way, O'Connor is not privy to the web-work of social influences, both overt and subliminal, which permeate her own writing. Who is to say that the Misfit is not, on some level, an analogue for the story of Christ, a story which she, like all Westerners, grew up hearing repeated through various mediums? An author is not the sole authority on their own work. If anything, like a pilot who cannot see the landing strip for being up in the clouds, they are perhaps to be the least trusted source when it comes to unlocking the deeper meaning of their own works.
>>
>>9085840
That's a fair assessment, but when O'Connor says The Misfit, the protagonist and (arguably)titular character of the work, is not representative of Christ I'd take her word for it. It would be a hard case to sell, claiming that her subconscious overrides her conscious effort in writing the work, especially considering her story The Artificial Nigger, in which the artificial nigger IS purposefully representative of Christ and the symbolism is navigated expertly and is not lost on the reader or open to strenuous interpretation
>>
maybe she didn't intend for the misfit to represent christ, but that doesn't mean that one can't interpret the misfit to represent christ
>>
Funniest thing is no one can argue against that image without sounding like a pretentious twat.
>>
File: bob-dylan-highway-61-revisited.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bob-dylan-highway-61-revisited.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
Reminds me of the documentary No Direction Home, about Bob Dylan. It shows some footage from the 60s when he's being interviewed by some person. They are asking him about the cover of his album Highway 61 Revisited, and what it meant that he had on a shirt with a motorcycle on it, what that represented about the album and why he had chosen to use that as the cover. His answer was something like, "That was just the shirt I had on when we took the picture."
>>
>>9085744
>make up some random bullshit
>n-no i just understand the book better than the author because i'm so s-smart
>>
>authors intention
Irrelevant since the death of the author. The most an author can do is intend towards a sympathetic reader.
>>
>>9086076
that guy was just some normie wannabe
>>
>>9086061
slaves made blues music to whine about the slavery. blue IS a color of sadness and depression ;^)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.