[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mars Volta-like Poetry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: mars__32000_zoom.jpg (224KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mars__32000_zoom.jpg
224KB, 1000x1000px
Is there good Mars Volta-like poetry?

Basically poetry with an overuse of vocabulary, pretentious-y, biblical-y, and lots of powerful visual descriptions. Stuff that "sounds cool" but kind-of adds up to nonsense--goofy--but it gets my creativity going (flipping through "Deloused At the Comatorium's Storybook" currently).

Example of beautiful melodramatic goofy nonsense I'm looking for:

"They had been defected and excommunicated
And all the pulses were subverted
And they made sure the obituaries
Showed pictures of smoke stacks
Dancing on the corpses' ashes
A vivid dissection that mocked
The strut of vivisection
Semiautomatic colonies
And a silencing that still walks the streets"
>>
that's at the drive in, though roulette dares is one of my favorite song lyrics by them
>>
>>9082142
When you said overuse of vocabulary, pretentiousy, biblicaly I thought of Eliot. It's not melodramatic nor goofy tho.
>>
Shakespeare?
>>
>>9082163
Totally is At the Drive In but that track blends in with The Mars Volta catalog. Lyrics were penned by the same gent too.
>>
Here's the Deloused at the Comatorium storybook for anyone brave enough to read a 23 page assault on comprehensibility.

https://xivilization.net/~marek/binaries/DeLoused_storybook.pdf

Filling in the (many) gaps gives me new ideas.
>>
>>9082209
I find a lot of fun imagining how Cedric actually wrote this absurdity.

My guess is that he wrote only while on mushrooms or weed and kept the following materials nearby: a thesaurus, a Latin-to-English dictionary, a holy bible, a copy of the Odyssey, and a rotating pick from Lovecraft (only for grotesque themes).

I'm interested in learning tarot cards to call forth similarly absurd/biblical nonsense for ideas.
>>
>>9082253
http://www.textfixer.com/tools/random-words.php
>>
>>9082261
Nah that doesn't work. You can't sample from a pool like that. It has to come from some place where superstition, numerology, or other creepy folklore stuff.
>>
>>9082142
Try some Hart Crane

>And yet this great wink of eternity
>Of rimless floods, unfettered leewardings
>Samite sheeted and processioned where
>Her undinal vast belly moonward bends
>Laughing the wrapt inflections of our love

>Take this Sea, whose diapasen knells
>On scrolls of silver snowy sentences
>The sceptered terror of whose sessions rends
>As her demeanors motion well or ill
>All but the pieties of lovers' hands

>And onwards as bells off San Salvador
>Salute the crocus lustres of the stars
>And these poinsettia meadows of her tides
>Adagios of islands - O my Prodigal
>Complete the dark confessions her veins spell

>Mark how her turning shoulders wind the hours
>And hasten while her penniless rich palms
>Pass superscription of bent foam and wave
>Hasten while they are true - sleep, death desire
>Close round one instant in one floating flour

>Bind us in time O seasons clear and awe
>O minstrel galleons of Carib fire
>Bequeath us to no earthly shore until
>Is answered in the vortex of our grave
>The seal's wide spindrift gaze toward paradise
>>
>>9082381
Wow this is so radical. Thank you Anon!

I only have pictures of pretty women to offer in exchange as tribute. Please understand.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.