[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Titus Groan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 0522.jpg (356KB, 700x1117px) Image search: [Google]
0522.jpg
356KB, 700x1117px
Thinking of reading pic related. I hear it's Patrician-tier fantasy.

Am I on the right path or am I falling for a meme?

Help me, fellas.
>>
>>9080714
Bloom thinks its gonna be canon, so it's probably good.
I hope he'll like my book.
>>
STOP SPAMMING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9080714
It's excellent. Peake, Eddison, and Wolfe are the patrician fantasy triumvirate. I think you'll know pretty quickly whether it's your thing or not.
>>
>>9080714
>you will match wits with Steerpike
>>
>>9080757
What the hell are you trying to say?
>>
Once you embark on this path, it will bring you ecstasy and sadness, tears of joy and tears of deepest sorrow. But no sadness can compare to reading that fragment of Titus Awake, those few sentences, and thinking of how Parkinson's disease destroyed the most brilliant creative mind of the last century.
>>
>>9080714
You won't believe how good it is until you read it. Mervyn Peake was a genius.
>>
The audiobook is especially well done. Simon Vance really brings the characters to life with his interpretations of their voices.
>>
>>9082478
That sounds fantastic. The BBC series was mediocre
>>
>>9080714
>Patrician-tier fantasy
>>
A fantastic book but boy is it dense.
>>
>>9083241
Nothing in it is particularly fantastic. No magic, no non-humans
>>
>>9083757
t. pleb
>>
>>9083265

I didn't find it dense along the lines of BOTNS but I still enjoyed it a lot. Didn't really care for Titus though since I thought he was a spoiled, whiny cunt and Steerpike did nothing wrong.
>>
>>9084314
>kills half a dozen people
>did nothing wrong
>>
It is absolutely patrician-tier fantasy, you are correct. Its also very funny.

I don't know who reads the audiobook(s) or if they do it well, but its written in a very arch "Dickensian grotesque" style that is arguably best appreciated when read out loud.
>>
Right, since I'm an impulsive cunt I went ahead and bought the trilogy based on your anonymous recomendations.

Thanks, you guys are great!
>>
>>9080738
How long have you been waiting to use that word?
>>
>>9084905
>Words were shapes and sounds to him. He saw them, as if he were listening to an unknown language, in shapes.
>>
>>9084652
Can vouch for this. I had trouble reading the text in a sufficiently majestic voice so I had my dog do most of it.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.