[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just read this book, did I like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg (30KB, 229x350px) Image search: [Google]
CormacMcCarthy_BloodMeridian.jpg
30KB, 229x350px
I just read this book, did I like it?
>>
Someone tell me what my opinion in it was!
>>
I'll wait for most posts to check the water, then tell you if you liked it
>>
>>9078832
>>9079738
>how to spot a liberal

To anyone who are not these two, is this book just a meme or what?
>>
>>9079740
>>how to spot a liberal
>how to spot a humorless newfag
>>
>>9078832
my diary desu
>>
File: 1485808179497.jpg (79KB, 497x493px) Image search: [Google]
1485808179497.jpg
79KB, 497x493px
TELL ME WHAT I THOUGHT!!
>>
>>9078832

What are your thoughts on arroyos?
>>
>>9078832
I need some more information for the analysis. How many times (in total) did you defecate during the course of reading and what was the general color and consistency?
>>
>>9078832
Idk if it's divisive enough to make a person cool by liking it, not sure
>>
>>9079740
Good book.
>>
>>9078832
Here's your opinon:

"I didn't understand the spanish bits and had to look them up"

"I love his description of landscapes"

"The writing is so sparse, it reads like the King James Bible, I love that use of language"

"Partway through I found myself skimming the violent bits, because I realised early on that the violence wasn't the culmination of anything and I just found it boring. Later in the book I realised that that was the point of the violence; it was pointless."

"I think I need to go back and read it again because I think you really need a careful reading to understand how the events in the novel are affecting the characters. The characters in the novel are almost completely mentally impenetrable."

"There was obviously something going on behind the scenes in my mind because the judge had buried himself in my subconscious somehow. The end had some kind of momentous significance to me personally and I'm still not quite sure why. It's like McCarthy put a message in my mind between the lines, and I can't quite figure out how he did it."
>>
what did pitchfork give it?
>>
>>9080169
>>
>>9080275
they changed it to a 10.0 on the release of the second edition though
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.