[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Most patrician languages?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1415995817133.png (201KB, 1180x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1415995817133.png
201KB, 1180x1204px
Do we agree that the most patrician, literary and advanced languages are Russian and French followed by English?

>TFW monolingual pleb.
>TFW YWN learn Cyrillic.
>>
EspaƱol.
>>
>>9077867
>Do we agree that the most patrician, literary and advanced languages are Russian and French followed by English

german is the language of kings. now fuck off
>>
Try Ancient Greek, followed by Latin, followed by Sanskrit.
>>
>>9077867
In terms of syntax nothing beats portuguese and spanish.
Best language is definitely italian tho.
>>
>>9077872
>Ape-tier version of English.

I don't think so.
>>
File: IMG_1925.jpg (26KB, 236x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1925.jpg
26KB, 236x300px
swiss german. there are no official grammar rules so you can't learn it without actually being in switzerland. and even then, nobody truly masters it unless they were born here
>>
French is more diverse. You can read poetry (Villon, Verlaine, Malarme, Rimbaud...), theater (Moliere, Racine, Corneille), philosophy (Descartes, Pascal, Voltaire), essays (Montaigne, obviously), and fiction (Flaubert, Balzac, Stendhal, Maupassant, Proust).

Russian has greater books. Dostoevsy, Tolstoy and Tchekov are superior to the French novelists.

Italian and Spanish have the two greatest books.

Greek has Homer, Plato, and Aristotle.

Latin is probably the best one of eloquence. I myself don't know it, but those who do claim it helps you to structure your toughts much better, so it might be the superior option for those who want to write.

In your case, I'd suggest French, because it's closer to the English language, and because it opens the doors to the romance world.
>>
>>9077872
I definitely isn't. It sounds terrible. Just compare Mozart's Italian operas with Zauberflote and see it, or rather hear it, for yourself. No wonder the great composer prefered to write in Italian even though it wasn't his first language!
>>
>>9077867
English the most dynamic, varied and complex languages ever to exist. You say anything in a myriad of different ways.

Every other language is simply a waste of time and quite frankly warrants extermination.
>>
>>9077884
>but those who do claim it helps you to structure your toughts much better,
Doubtful. Ask a linguist.
>>
>>9077901
>You say anything in a myriad of different ways. You can do that in literally any language.
>>
>>9077901
lmao
>>
French is a must. German is a must if you're really into philosophy. Russian/Spanish/Italian are all roughly on par, but Russian is considerably harder than the others. Dead languages are fine if you're a scholar or severely autistic.
>>
>>9077901
>this /b/-tier bait
>>
girlfriend can read and speak Russian, German, Czech, Slovak, Polish and English but doesn't actually use it to read based works apart from perhaps Goethe.

I know English. That's all. God I'm a fucking pleb
>>
>>9077931
>Czech, Slovak
Literally two varieties of the same language. You should feel 1 less bad, fampai.
>>
>>9077931
>girlfriend can read and speak Russian, German, Russian, Russian, Russian and English
impressive
>>
>>9077881
What lol? Is this a new kind of pretentiousness?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.