[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heidegger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Heiddeger.jpg (78KB, 600x710px) Image search: [Google]
Heiddeger.jpg
78KB, 600x710px
Which of his works should I read?
>>
>>9076360
>platofag level
pre-turn
>artfag level
post-turn
>philanthrofag tier
the turn
>>
File: 393902.jpg (25KB, 313x475px) Image search: [Google]
393902.jpg
25KB, 313x475px
>>9076360
start here
>>
>>9076434
After that I'd assume I'd have a basic understanding from that point would you read his stuff chronologically
>>
>>9076448
I don't think it's necessary, really. It kind of depends on how much you like the man and his thought works for you. And, I suppose, if you're a scholar or not. I'm not.

In my humble opinion, you want to read Being and Time and the major essays to get a sense of how he works, who he is responding to, and how people build on his thought subsequently. So I guess what I mean is that I don't think it's necessary to read chronologically; all you want to do is feel like you have a grasp of his basic ideas. Once you understand how he thinks, you can read whatever parts of his thought are most interesting to you.

It's been a few years since my own major Heidegger phase, so I apologize for being vague. Bear in mind also that even though that book says Basic Writings, he can be a little bit dense to read. There's plenty there to work with. Then I'd move on to B&T.

Basic Questions of Philosophy and Basic Problems of Phenomenology are worth reading too. Again, my own feeling is, don't worry about chronology. Just try and familiarize yourself with the way that he thinks.

Finally, good luck and have fun. Heidegger is really an awesome read for the first time.
>>
>>9076360
The Fundamental Concepts of Metaphysics: World, Finitude, Solitude
It's understandable and interesting, yet still a real, long book, like Being and Time.
>>
You shouldn't read the works of a Nazi.
>>
I advise reading Being & Time while using Dreyfus' Berkeley course, available for free online (archive.org + Berkeley's website for the syllabus). He is very good at surveying and recommending which secondary materials to use, and especially helpful at recommending how and when you should read Heidegger's 1920s lecture courses alongside Being & Time when their content overlaps, usually in a less condensed and more straightforward form.

I would also recommend becoming familiar with Husserl's Phenomenology. It took me a lot longer to confidently understand Husserl than Heidegger, and I think this slowed me down in the early phases of reading his pre-Kehre stuff.

As an absolute starting point to Heidegger, and this may not work for you but it got me hooked at least, I would read his autobiographical essay "My Way to Phenomenology."

Something that also initially got me interested, though he's often off-base, is Rorty's 1990~ essay on Heidegger and Wittgenstein, on the Reification of Language.
>>
>>9076522
Thanks you I'll follow your advice
>>9076989
Cheers I'll check this out as well
>>9076992
He stopped supporting them when he realized the nature of the party. Hitler did a lot of good for the country before the war plenty of good people supported him and later didn't
>>9076993
Thanks it's nice to have some secondary sources as a way into his work

Thanks for the reccs lads
>>
>>9076360
It doesn't matter cause you probably won't read anything by him. Go make another Evola thread.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.