[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: post your favorite ending lines of books “I was a Flower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

ITT: post your favorite ending lines of books
“I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like the Andalusian girls used or shall I wear a red yes and how he kissed me under the Moorish wall and I thought well as well him as another… then he asked me would I yes to say yes my mountain flower and first I put my arms around him yes and drew him down to me so he could feel my breasts all perfume yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will Yes.”
>>
that's not the full sentence
>>
File: Carli Claire.jpg (46KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Carli Claire.jpg
46KB, 512x512px
>>9076354
What is the point of reading beautiful shit like this?
Just makes me sad, not fulfilled, envious, etc..
>>
>>9076354

rivverrunn past eve Adams, from swerve of shore to bend of bay...
>>
>>9076378
>i can't appreciate lit because it makes me jealous
do you have to look at it from the perspective of a challenge against your abilities as a writer? why can't you just like it or not?
>>
>>9076418
You misunderstand. I am jealous of the life he paints a picture of, not his writing ability.
>>
>>9076354
And then there's DFW:
"I'm a man of my
>>
>>9076354

The weight of this sad time we must obey,
Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say.
The oldest have borne most; we that are young
Shall never see so much, nor live so long.
>>
File: groan.jpg (356KB, 700x1117px) Image search: [Google]
groan.jpg
356KB, 700x1117px
Through honeycombs of stone would now be wandering the passions in their clay. There would be tears and there would be strange laughter. Fierce births and deaths beneath umbrageous ceilings. And dreams, and violence, and disenchantment.

And there shall be a flame-green daybreak soon. And love itself will cry for insurrection! For tomorrow is also a day - and Titus has entered his stronghold.
>>
>>9076530
you post this picture a lot
>>
>>9076533
The Groan cabal is relentlessly shilling it until it becomes a /lit/ meme
>>
>>9076354
>"Truly, he was, a Moby Dick"
>>
>shill

Sing, Christine: sing! Be not bitter, as Lot's wife was. Forgive them, forgive them; for they have loved much! ... I wish I could live my life again. I wish I could write my story again. I have judged people. I do not want to judge people. I want to bless. I want to bless every soul who have ever lived and laughed and suffered on this whore of an island, this island in the sun, this island in God's sea!

I am on the last page of the last of my three big books. Who will ever believe I have written these three big books? I want to write another. Next time I go to Town, I will buy another from the Press. I want to write down in it all the good thoughts I have left out of this. Now it is high time I thought of going ot bed. I mustn't forget to wind the clocks; and I will turn the lamp down, but not right out. I don't like it in the dark. I like to be able to see my two chian dogs while I am falling asleep. Damme, I am tired, me! I will sleep well tonight, I know. Ah well, that is all for now. A la prochaine!
>>
>>9076354
Where we're standing right now, in the ruins in the dark, what we build could be anything.
>>
Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.
>>
>>9077318
I like this meme, but the actual last sentence of Moby Dick is actually pretty great.

>It was the devious-cruising Rachel, that in her retracing search after her missing children, only found another orphan.
>>
"You did it, Frodo!", Gandalf proclaimed with a hearty laughter. "After all these struggles you have finally become, The Lord of the Rings!"
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.