[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realise that the ideal of being well read was a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

When did you realise that the ideal of being well read was a harmful meme propagated by the academia-media-publishing industrial complex?

"Good peon... Focus on the barely disguised narcissistic memoirs of some dead person... Books are mind enriching... Consume more books... Never mind that the information age has made a mockery of information's value as a commodity among people... You're just so curious about the world and such a voracious reader, aren't you, peasant...

That psychologist's new 400 page book based on lab experiments and that could be summarised in 5 pages has been read by most people at your local cafe! Imagine the embarrassment if they find out you haven't read it... You're right, enjoyment is an immature state... That continental philosopher has such profound and non trivial insights about our society, it seems like you now have another 12 books on your "must read" list in order to be well read... Don't forget the conservative tradition, that's another 20 books you must read... No, don't ask any meta-questions or ask whether they work within self referential citation ring systems with unfalsifiable theories and trivial insights; bad peasant! Your dinner party guests would be shocked to hear that!

This 1200 page post-modern masterpiece references 500 works that you must also read before you die... No, don't fall asleep while reading it! The cover quote calls it, "Frequently hilarious!" Maybe you haven't read enough to fully appreciate it?"
>>
>>9074673
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbXz3MXx2DU
>>
>>9074673
Do you spend all your time on here?

Why don't you kill yourself already, pathetic frog faggot
>>
>>9074673
You're paranoid and over thinking it, and you're a sheep if you allow the publishing industry to dictate what you read.
>>
>>9074673
I only read full books online so the joke is on them
>>
So what's the end game? I can't be financial because it's much easier pushing the newsest John Green novel on the millions of YouTube Millenials than to sell Hegel to a few Bohemian college drop-outs.
>>
>>9074704
>sell
>implying
>>
I think you should stop eating Marxism and the works of the philosophers of power for dinner OP.
>>
>>9074673

so why arent more books concise and short
>>
File: good ridance jimbo.png (180KB, 257x320px) Image search: [Google]
good ridance jimbo.png
180KB, 257x320px
>>9074673
You must be really insecure about not being able to understand the books for the big boys, huh? Keep your chin up buddy. Not everyone is cut out to be the smart intellectual elite. Why dont you enjoy some media thats a bit easier on the mind? If you want to feel really smart you can still read low quality pulb, you will still be reading unlike those normies. Just stop being bitter about not being able to roll with the big boys. I would also advise you to visit /r9k/ istead of /lit/ in the future. You wont have to deal with those pesky hipster pseudo intellectual academics back there.
>>
>>9074673

Are you retarded?
>>
>>9074731
There's nothing wrong about reading Marx in the slightest.
>>
>>9074680
Well that was neither thought provoking nor very nice
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.