[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Stephen King ever recover from being B T F O by a true,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: jack.jpg (40KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
40KB, 600x337px
How did Stephen King ever recover from being B T F O by a true, artistically recognized auteur?

Has there ever been a bigger FUCK YOU in the history of literature? (Let's suspend our disbelief and pretend that "Stephen King" and "literature" are two words that may ever properly belong together).
>>
Not even the best King adpatation desu
>>
>>9074298
Not the best King adaptation but the best adaptation of a King novel.
>>
>>9074309
So not accurate enough to plot in novel compared to other films but the best film of all the King novel adaptions?
>>
No there hasn't

There were intentional differences in the opening shots that could have easily been done according to the book but Kubrick was basically saying "this is my story now"

Kind of chilling
>>
>>9074290
redpill me on this
>>
>>9074351
The Shining (Kubrick) is significantly more nuanced and layered than anything King has ever achieved in his career.

King became so salty that he produced a mediocre miniseries that stayed true to the original novel, evidently further corroborating his status as a hack.
>>
>>9074349
>>9074290

Apparently, when Dick sees a red car crashed in the snow, that's supposed to be a fuck you to King because in the book the Torrence's car is red instead of yellow in the movie.
>>
Is there anyone here that believes the whole "Kubrick directed the moon landing" deal?
>>
>>9074375
>unwatchable
>>
film had some interesting things, but i prefer the novel
>>
>>9074387
Ask /x/
>>
>>9074375
>because in the book the Torrence's car is red instead of yellow in the movie.
It's a reference to King's own near death car crash
>>
>>9074290
He didn't recover; he is a hack that is always turned to auto.
>>
the book and the flick are both trash
>>
>>9074448
>flick
Holy shit, you are pretentious.
>>
>>9074590
Sounds like you need to watch more films, kid.
>>
File: appKyNn_460s.jpg (29KB, 268x399px) Image search: [Google]
appKyNn_460s.jpg
29KB, 268x399px
>>9074617
>films
>>
>>9074387
I do
>>
has anyone been more btfo than kubrick by mr. cronenberg - an authentic auteur with truly original ideas?
>>
File: 1486083423218.jpg (520KB, 1080x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1486083423218.jpg
520KB, 1080x1504px
The movie isn't scary at all, so it fails as horror.
>>
>>9074617
>he doesn't watch exlusively kino
>>>/tv/
>>
>>9075053
the cape and the sword ruin it.
>>
>all these king haters probably love kingdom because vontrier
kek
>>
>>9075053
>The movie isn't scary at all
Maybe if you're used to advertisements all the time

Shining is like a billboard of emotions, e.g. the impossible window
>>
>>9075042
nope
>>
>>9075042
>>9075344
cronenberg is a true patrician. his novel is pretty decent too. VIDEODROME
>>
>>9075053
The music is the seriously scary part. Watching the movie with a good sound system on relatively high volume really makes it.
>>
>>9075151
agreed
>>
goat horror movie is the og texas chainsaw massacre
>>
>>9075455

OG Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the scariest movie I've ever seen, mostly because of how shitty the production is.

The oversaturated warm colors, the droning industrial noises in the background and the muted audio like you're listening to it underwater, the way everyone acts.

If you had the flu on a muggy day in august and you went to bed around 5 with the windows open letting orange light in and an old metal desk fan blowing hot air around the room, Texas Chainsaw Massacre is the exact nightmare you'd have.
>>
>>9075686
i dunno it was pretty boring. scariest movie ever is the shining. scariest film ever is signs.
>>
>>9076719
>scariest film ever is signs.
Definitely agreed. Beautiful work of art all around to boot.
>>
>>9075686
It's scary because nothing happens in the first 30 minutes, then, shit gets real.
>>
>>9074346
Yes. The movie deviated a lot from the book but that was a good thing because the book was terrible.
>>
>>9074402
kill yourself, the novel was terrible
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.