[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't you a Christian, anon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 15

File: 220px-Kierkegaard.jpg (13KB, 220x326px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Kierkegaard.jpg
13KB, 220x326px
>>
But I am, OP. Catholicism FTW.
>>
I can't take the leap to faith and I don't know if I'd want to even if I could.
>>
>>9071594
Fpbp
>>
I am
>>
>>9071594
Yuck
>>
>>9071594
He said Christian, not Pagan
>>9071595
but you take a leap of faith daily.
>>
>>9071603
What is your sect then?
>>
File: PopeBow.jpg (33KB, 440x348px) Image search: [Google]
PopeBow.jpg
33KB, 440x348px
>>9071603
forgot image
>>
>>9071608
I lean towards Baptist
>>
>>9071603
t. Proddie
You finks are always asking for it. Fuck off, and enjoy your religion and let us enjoy ours.
>>
File: 1480545346514.jpg (163KB, 1300x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1480545346514.jpg
163KB, 1300x1068px
>>9071590

>mfw meme atheists like Dawkins dismiss philosophy
>>
File: 7236303-L.jpg (32KB, 312x400px) Image search: [Google]
7236303-L.jpg
32KB, 312x400px
>>9071590
Just read it.
>>
>>9071590
Don't believe in God or gods.
>>
>>9071603
>but you take a leap of faith daily.

I know it's a meme, but this isn't an argument. I'm referring specifically to the leap to faith required to become a Christian, which is the topic.
>>
>>9071622
You subconsciously acknowledge the existence of God.
I'll let you figure out how I deduced that on your own.
>>
>leap to faith

fuck off with this assassin's creed shit, how old are you all? 12?
>>
>>9071618
>Fuck off, and enjoy your religion and let us enjoy ours.
because "enjoying religion" is what matters. not whats actually true right?
>>9071623
what you're saying isn't an argument either. thats my point, is that it goes both ways and ultimately it isn't a good reason to not be Christian
>>
>>9071627
Don't fucking tell me what I subconsciously think, asshole. You don't know shit. I don't believe in God or gods, and that's all you need to know.
>>
>>9071628
>how old are you all
Literally one person made that statement.
>>
>>9071634
>what you're saying isn't an argument either. thats my point, is that it goes both ways and ultimately it isn't a good reason to not be Christian

What leaps of faith do you think I take in my life? And why would taking those imply that I should take a leap to become a Christian, too?
>>
File: 220px-Ludwig_Wittgenstein.jpg (15KB, 220x322px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Ludwig_Wittgenstein.jpg
15KB, 220x322px
>>9071621

>mfw my old teacher still hasn't caught up with me and taken the Godpill
>>
>>9071614
Huh, yeah bud I'm not even gonna get into it with a guy who can't commit to a denomination. Their arguments are shallow and seldom hew to a comprehensive philosophy about Christianity, almost always full of straw man's and trolls so I'm gonna exit here.
>>
>>9071640
when you buy food, you take a leap of faith that nobody spat in it
>And why would taking those imply that I should take a leap to become a Christian, too?
It doesn't imply that. I'm just pointing out that its an inconsistent reason to not be Christian, and you should investigate it further to find a better reason
>>
>>9071634
>because "enjoying religion" is what matters. not whats actually true right?
That's your implication not mine. What I tried to convey & what you failed to understand is that some of you protestants are always criticizing us Catholics while we, on the other hand, stray away from judging others' beliefs.

Matthew 7:3-5
>Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.
>>
>>9071635
You definitely sound like a fedora. I'm willing to bet you're 200+ pounds of fat.
>>
>>9071647
>Huh, yeah bud I'm not even gonna get into it with a guy who can't commit to a denomination. Their arguments are shallow and seldom hew to a comprehensive philosophy about Christianity, almost always full of straw man's and trolls so I'm gonna exit here.
why even type this response? you could have just ignored my post altogether if you're not going to reply with substance
>>9071650
that scripture doesn't rebuke judgment, it rebukes hypocritical judgment. Sure, if I was scolding you for being on a secular anime site filled with blasphemy then you'd have a point, but I can choose less hypocritical things to judge you on, which Paul himself also judged, for example the doctrine of salvation by works.
>>
>>9071648
>when you buy food, you take a leap of faith that nobody spat in it

No I don't, hardly anyone except paranoid people do this. For someone banging on about logic, surely you'd formulate an actual argument?
>>
>>9071653
You don't know anything about me. Why don't you pray to your god to give me faith rather than insulting and demeaning in such an unchristian manner?
>>
>>9071660
yes you do
what evidence do you have that the last burger you bought didn't have spit in it?
>>
>>9071666
What evidence do you have to suggest that 'I do'? The burden is on your to assume people take 'leaps of faith' in their daily lives. God isn't evidence, and you won't have evidence because you're making """philosophical""" claims to something without empirical merit.
>>
>>9071648
>when you buy food, you take a leap of faith that nobody spat in it

I don't think I'd really consider them to be worthy of comparing. In the food's case you're given the assurance of the government protecting it from contamination, and food is typically not contaminated, so you have some reason to not worry about it. And I don't worry about such things due to their rarity to begin with. I wouldn't, for example, consider myself taking a leap of faith every time I walk outside where there's a hint of lightning. It's just something to do without worrying.

>It doesn't imply that. I'm just pointing out that its an inconsistent reason to not be Christian, and you should investigate it further to find a better reason

I don't understand what you're saying. Why should I investigate more reasons not to be a Christian before seeing reasons why I should be one? I have other reasons why I'm not a Christian, like being rationally and, I guess, emotionally convinced that there is no God, but it really comes down to not being able (or being unwilling to) take the leap.
>>
Who /agnostic/ here?
>>
>>9071590
No reason to be.
>>
>>9071657
Okay, how's this one for size.
I'm not getting into a debate with an anti-Catholic like yourself. There's far too many of your kind to bother with so I'll let you have the satisfaction of believing that you won this argument.
(Matthew 7:1-2)
> Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
>>
>>9071665
>rather than insulting and demeaning
Huh, that's quite funny coming from the guy who just said
" don't fucking tell me what I think, asshole"
I may be a Christian but I'm not going to let anyone speak to me that way.
>>
>>9071657
Because I want you to at least think about how hypocritical it is to
>Lean Baptist
And lecture people who are an active part of a religious community.
>>
>>9071671
>What evidence do you have to suggest that 'I do'?
I'm taking a leap of faith that you don't inspect each burger you buy for spit, on the basis that you also take a leap of faith in the fast food workers to not be shitty people
You could prove my leap of faith wrong, by simply saying "I do check my burgers for spit" but something tells me that'd be a lie :^)
>>
>>9071691
Quite illogical, I'm not Christian so I can do whatever the fuck I want. Jesus expects you to turn the other cheek. Now apologize, and pray for me.
>>
>>9071696
There's no faith there, it's paranoia. You're acting on paranoia, very unlike what Christian should be doing (ie trusting).
>>
>>9071603
Baptist insulting the Catholic Church yet again... listen pal, don't you ever try to voice your anti-Catholic opinions in public because one day you'll meet someone like me who's willing to break the fifth commandment over a piece of filth like you
>>
>>9071683
are you not judging me right now?
>>9071694
whats hypocritical about that? I'm fine with people being in a religious community, and I'm fine with people criticizing my own community/beliefs. I'm not find with anything which distorts biblical truth and you shouldn't be either. if you would like to discuss biblical truth then we may do that, but this weird "you can't judge!" is a false lukewarm mentality, and its hypocritical in that its a moral judgment in itself
>>
>>9071703
>I'm not Christian
Yeah I can tell because clearly you know nothing about Jesus and how he didn't take any shit from anyone. Especially God in the Old Testament
>>
>>9071709
Enjoy hell, you corrupt reprobate.
>>
Christians are retarded on a whole different level.
>>
>>9071714
You wanna know how I know you're not a Christian either?
>>
>>9071590
>Why aren't you a Christian, anon?

I read this thread and it's sorry 'defense' of Christianity.

Fuck, Muslims and Jews defend their faith better than this.
>>
>>9071696
Okay. If i'm wrong about the burger I ate some guys spit. If i'm wrong about the afterlife, something which I have very little comprehension of and have no solid evidence if it exists or not, then I either go to the next stage of life, be tortured for eternity or cease existing. If I am going to my next stage of life, then that'd be great, but I have no evidence that any religion can do that for me, if I am tortured same thing, no religion provides proof that it helps me escape it, if there's nothing I just wasted my whole life doing pointless shit for no reward.
>>
>>9071715
On the contrary old boy, God wouldn't punish those who rid this earth of scum.
But even if I were to be sent to hell im sure it'd be worth it since I'd always have the image of you taking your final worthless breaths in my mind
>>
>>9071728
cringe
>>
>>9071732
cringe
>>
>>9071726
how have you made the judgment that no religion provides evidence for its beliefs? May I ask what sources you'd studied to make that conclusion?
>>9071728
you're being trolled. you were talking to me and that guy isn't me
>>
>>9071740
I'm willing to bet you're a nigger
>>
This thread is bloody atrocious. Please, delete it OP.
>>
>>9071746
what? why? I am thoroughly confused
>>
>>9071740
>how have you made the judgment that no religion provides evidence for its beliefs?

No one has provided any. The Bible, The Quran etc. are all claims. They hold no evidence.
>>
>>9071749
You try to sound sophisticated but it's very obvious that the manner in which you speak doesn't come naturally to you.
In other words, you're better of speaking Ebonics.
In other other words, ooga chooga rooga booga
>>
I smell /pol/ in here.
>>
>>9071711
Because you, yourself are in very weak communion with fellow Christians, but have the audacity to criticize those who work to be in better communion with Christ and his followers every day in their own community. Non denominationals and those who don't work within a Christian community have no right to lecture those who do. Even if you think they are flawed, every denomination and interpretation is flawed somehow and my experiences have found that people like you are quick to point out my flaws without examining their own when I readily admit to certain shortcomings of my community.
>>
>>9071755
the bible does make historical claims.
so what would make Paul's testimony about Jesus untrue?
>>9071758
>have the audacity to criticize those who work to be in better communion with Christ and his followers every day in their own community.
what makes yours better?
>Even if you think they are flawed, every denomination and interpretation is flawed somehow
100% correct, I confess my beliefs are most likely incorrect in someway and I'm willing to learn from you and hear your criticism. but there are certain essential doctrines which we MUST get straight, for example our doctrines of salvation. if you want to baptize babies then thats fine even though I don't agree. but preaching salvation by works for example is something much more egregious and must be corrected

Galatians 5:4
You are made void of Christ, you who are justified in the law: you are fallen from grace.
>>
>>9071758
>I readily admit to certain shortcomings of my community.

Could you provide some examples? I'm just curious.
>>
>>9071756
I'm sorry I come across this way to you...
>>
>>9071779
>the bible does make historical claims.
>so what would make Paul's testimony about Jesus untrue?

Nothing. But nothing makes it true either. The matter here is faith. If you have faith, if you truly believe this conversation happened then nothing will stop you from believing it, but if you don't, if you, like myself, only have faith in things which you are close to and connected to, that you understand and see, then nothing will make you believe it.
>>
>>9071810
but this is the way all historical claims are measured. the question is, do you consider Paul to be a reliable source, or not? and why?
>>
>>9071820
Not that poster, but I wouldn't consider much of the Bible's claims to be factual because of how miraculous they are. Do we have reason to believe that someone actually walked on water, for example?
>>
Slavery doesn't sound like a very good life to me
>>
>>9071820
>do you consider Paul to be a reliable source, or not? and why?

No. While many of the events or versions of them described may have happened in some way, the Bible was a book mean to inspire and unify a group of people. Claims of miracles and inspiration would be very prevalent. Of course I am only speaking from an uneducated position on this, I have not read the whole Bible and I am not a historian.
>>
>>9071829
walk on water? only the gospel accounts
but more miraculous and significant is Christ rising from the dead
I know "don't prove the bible with the bible" etc but I'm going to show you scripture written by Paul and I want you to tell me why it shouldn't be considered a trustworthy historical document

1 Corinthians 15
3 For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures, 5 and that He was seen by Cephas, then by the twelve. 6 After that He was seen by over five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain to the present, but some have fallen asleep. 7 After that He was seen by James, then by all the apostles. 8 Then last of all He was seen by me also, as by one born out of due time.

Basically Paul is telling the Corinthians "Jesus rose from the dead and 500 people saw him. Some are dead but most are still alive so go ask them about it"
>>9071836
are you free?
>>9071840
>Of course I am only speaking from an uneducated position on this, I have not read the whole Bible and I am not a historian.
may I suggest a historian then? Gary Habermas. Does lectures on this all the time
>>
>>9071847
>but I'm going to show you scripture written by Paul and I want you to tell me why it shouldn't be considered a trustworthy historical document

I told you why I wouldn't consider it a trustworthy historical document: he reports a miracle.
>>
>>9071779
>What makes mine better
It's not that just "mine" is better; Anglicans, Lutherans, Orthodox Churchs are all better than a non-denominational. We all strive to build larger more vibrant communites of faith and constantly self examine interpretation through councils and meetings, we even engage in interfaith dialogue because though we disagree we understand that to love Christ is to come together with as many of his children as we can. Where is this sentiment in non denominationals? Where is this sentiment in those who don't participate in communities? Speaking negatively about your brother's and sisters in Christ and pointing out where you believe them to be wrong all the while not participating is divisive and evil and serves only to separate the flock.
>>9071779
To go with what I said above I think some biggest short comings have been in a history of conflict with fellow Christians that were most often inspired by temporal greed. I'm glad that since the latter half of the 20th century we have embarked on a path of consolation and dialogue. Even Christ's disciples couldn't agree that's why there's so many versions of Gospel but it didn't stop them from considering themselves brothers in Christ.
>>
>>9071590
I am.

Remove Protestant
>>
>>9071847
>Basically Paul is telling the Corinthians "Jesus rose from the dead and 500 people saw him. Some are dead but most are still alive so go ask them about it"

You are correct, this could be used as evidence to prove that Jesus did indeed rise from the grave. However, there is more than one explanation for a supposed crowd all seeing him alive. How far away were they? What was Jesus wearing? By the laws in which we understand our reality, what Paul claims is impossible, but it is looked past. If I made an "impossible" claim, would you have faith in me? If me and twelve of my friends all swore to you that we had seen an alien the previous night and that aliens had infiltrated the governmet, would you believe me without questioning and providing an alternative?
>>
>>9071864
why does reporting a miracle automatically make it void? Because its something unlikely to happen, or does your world view shut out the possibility of miracles completely?
I know miracles are reported throughout history, but have they been reported by someone whom historians consider to be of reputable and educated character like Paul, and who sourced ~500 living individuals as witnesses? and lets not forget most of these individuals including Paul died brutal deaths for this
I can't think of another miracle claim with this much testimony behind it
>>
>>9071603
>>9071614
God I hate other denominations.

Please go back to your boring grey Pentecostal
church with those weird felt banners with some passage and a dove with an olive branch.
>>
>>9071876
>If I made an "impossible" claim, would you have faith in me? If me and twelve of my friends all swore to you that we had seen an alien the previous night and that aliens had infiltrated the governmet, would you believe me without questioning and providing an alternative?
try ~500 and try being tortured and killed for your sighting, then we can talk
would I? Idk. but "if"s are lame, you should use real historical examples
>>
>>9071891
That's not very Christian bro.
>>
>>9071881
Please keep in mind I'm only talking about myself here. *I* wouldn't consider it historical. I'm not saying that it actually isn't historical and reliable. I just want to put that out there.
Whatever my worldview is, it doesn't shut out the possibility of miracles completely. I'm open to them occurring as I am any other thing no matter how impossible happening, or existing. I just don't see them as actually occurred, especially when you take into account the age such people lived in, the extreme claim, and the possibility of the ever common human error, which is always exacerbated when in groups.
>>
>>9071902
okay so, I'll take
>when you take into account the age such people lived in, the extreme claim, and the possibility of the ever common human error, which is always exacerbated when in groups.
as your reasons against it?
>especially when you take into account the age such people lived in
you underestimate the intelligence of people back then. These were Romans here, the height of philosophy and education. Let's not forget Paul himself trained under Gamaliel, a historically esteemed Jewish teacher
>the extreme claim
yes, which is why we need to examine the evidence for it.
>and the possibility of the ever common human error
do you have any evidence that it was human error? The evidence against it, would be to go back to Paul's reliability as a source and whether or not these early believers would be willing to go to brutal deaths over a potential lie
>>
>>9071874
so I'm not allowed to criticize your doctrine of salvation because I don't follow a denomination that holds councils and meetings?
>>
>>9071874
1Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?

5What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. 9For we are co-workers in God’s service; you are God’s field, God’s building.

10By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ.
>>
>>9071914
I'm not underestimating their intelligence, I'm well aware of how wonderful the ancients were. However, the times have changed. People are not so quick to believe in miracles and divine things and such as they used to be, which I can't overlook when we're considering a large group of people claiming to have witnessed something miraculous.

The rest of the argument is just going to go in circles. I don't think such miracles happened because they have been claimed to have happened by many groups of people with differing beliefs, and none of them have been captured reliably (with, say, photography) or replicated. They're outlying events that have only the testimony of human witnesses, which are notoriously unreliable. I don't think I have anything more to say about it.
>>
>>9071922
You can do what you like but don't expect me to take your opinions or exploration seriously. You simply haven't devoted yourself as fully as others and it's sad you think you have. You probably have a job and apparently time to shit post here. These people have devoted their WHOLE lives to understanding and you think you can part time it and be just as deep and understand just as much and it's sad.
Do you have a master's in Latin or Aramaic? What makes you think your interpretation of other people's interpretations is so right? How many times have you struggled with the sick, poor, and dying? You say you don't need works for salvation and that may be true, who knows, only God knows who will be saved, but you damn sure need works for understanding, for cultivating a true Christian devotion. And to disregard others devotions, their works of love is very unChristian my man.
>>
>>9071926
Yup I agree which is why interfaith dialogue and putting aside differences is important
>>
>>9071948
I think it would be more substantial to actually address my opinions and explorations

I'm sure Jews could tell someone like Peter these same things

>The pharisees have devoted their entire lives to understanding and you think you can part time it? You're just a fisherman
>>
Because I'm Catholic master race.

>being protestant
>being affiliated with one of the many thousands of possible protestant denominations
>not repenting for your sins, thinking Jesus' death was sufficient in itself
>not asking Saints to pray for you

How does it know you're going to purgatory after you die, you faggot?
>>
>>9071960
At least we aren't led by pedophiles
>>
>>9071959
Wow there it is. You see your "ministry" on par with Christ!? This is either a troll or a very lost soul.
>>
I just can't make that leap of faith. I want to. But I only ever pray when I'm in some kind of trouble. It's tough trying to believe in something genuinely.
>>
>>9071960
Christ's death was sufficient in itself
>>
>>9071960
Fuck off you disgusting child molesters
>>
I believe in God, Jesus I think is a meme
>>
>>9071962
Oh good argument. Never heard that one before. And nice use of the oversimplification fallacy.
>>
To the Baptist who keeps posting on here. You do realize that you're not actually arguing but rather just asking questions right? Your entire arguments consists of questions rather that actual content.
>>
File: 1486351435026.jpg (25KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1486351435026.jpg
25KB, 474x473px
>>9071962
>>9071968
>implying Christians aren't guilty of the same

>>9071966
Sin is a cancer that eats away at you, and if you do nothing to resolve it, then you will perish; Jesus' death allows for our sin to be forgiven, but we are still required to meet him halfway.
>>
>>9071974
yeah, as if having your church infested by pedophiles isn't in itself a refutation
>>
>>9071979
It seems that you're unable to think logically. Just because there's been priests who have molested children does not mean that the Roman Catholic Church is to blame. It's absurd to blame child molestation on the entire Church and it's leaders. There's also been pastors who molest children but you don't see Catholic's going around calling other denominations child molesters? You know why? Because they're smart enough to understand that by doing so they're oversimplifying the situation and that in and of itself is a fallacy. Also, I've read numerous sources (which I'm sure you could find online) in which certain groups ex. freemasons & communists have tried to infiltrate the church from within and tried to invalidate it by committing sinful actions in the name of priests. The Communist Party of the U.S. once advised young communist men associated with the party to become priests and then commit actions which would damage the Church's reputation. Isn't it strange how all these groups try to destroy only the Roman Catholic Church & no other denominations?
>>
>>9071901
The Catholic Church must be feared again.
>>
>>9071590
There is no legitimate reason to be since I wasn't raised with any of the dogma involved, and therefore hold no emotional connection to the beliefs involved.
>>
>>9071992
>does not mean that the Roman Catholic Church is to blame

Actually it is, their separation of Priest's role form that of the Priest himself (in order to maintain salvation given to those by that Priest) has in itself created a situation where corruption can prosper.
>>
>>9071978
>Sin is a cancer that eats away at you, and if you do nothing to resolve it, then you will perish; Jesus' death allows for our sin to be forgiven, but we are still required to meet him halfway.
scripture?
>>
>>9071993
No. They will know the depth of our devotion by our love and extended hand in brotherhood.
>>
>>9071992
disclaimer: i'm not a protestant, or even christian, nor the guy you were talking to originally

protestant churches in america are just as full of pedos, if the statistics are right, but it's irrelevant, because the catholic church is rotten regardless of whether others are

blaming it on conspiracy theories is just a cop-out
>>
>>9071995
But is the ENTIRE Roman Catholic Church at fault for the actions of a couple of their priests? Of course not and to say otherwise would just prove that you're just full of drivel. And who's to say that those Priests are actually Catholic & aren't people who seek to destroy the church from within as they have tried for countless centuries?
>>
>>9071993
Would be good friends with.
>>
File: 1451865987985.jpg (49KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1451865987985.jpg
49KB, 1920x1080px
your "god" is an aillian
>>
>>9071998
>He doesn't apply reason and logic to scripture to derive implyed truths.
>>
>>9072002
>conspiracy theories
Look it up. It's written in Masonic texts who have been written by high degree Free Masons.
But regardless, it's not about whether protestants or Catholics have more pedophile clergymen. It's about the fallible claim that one can blame an entire group for the actions of a very small portion of its members.
>>
>>9072003
Don't bother, m8. Protestants are fucking wanks and eternal sinners. Just pray that they convert.
>>
>>9071590
Because I think you should treat other people how you'd like to be treated.
>>
File: IMG_2470.gif (7KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2470.gif
7KB, 170x200px
>>9072006
This thread sure is getting spooky
>>
>>9072013
>It's about the fallible claim that one can blame an entire group for the actions of a very small portion of its members.
the crimes of the few were covered up for decades
>>
>>9072018
Then, Catholicism is perfect for you, friend.
>>
>>9072016
Yeah I'm starting to realize that it's pointless to even bother having a discussion with them.
>>
>>9072020
I was waiting for Stirner. Took you long enough.
>>
>>9071590
>Praying to a 3-headed pagan deformity of a god
>accepting a human sacrifice instead of holding yourself accountable for your own actions
>Believing god was a jew, but somehow jews are bad
>Believing god was some guy who ate and shit and cried. And then he got beaten up and died but not really because "reasons"???

Why haven't you given up all your false idols and your misconceptions of the prophets and accepted Allah as One?
>>
>>9072022
Prove it with a valid source.
>>
File: 1483958441497.jpg (63KB, 540x445px) Image search: [Google]
1483958441497.jpg
63KB, 540x445px
>>9071634
>whats actually true

Kek
>>
>>9072029
Stay spook'd my friend
>>
>>9072044
What is your definition of a "valid source"?
>>
File: cult_leader.jpg (61KB, 630x439px) Image search: [Google]
cult_leader.jpg
61KB, 630x439px
What is it with Catholics on 4chan of all places? They all sound like pic related.
>>
>>9072054
We do that to scare you away. We don't want to share Heaven with faggots like you
>>
>>9072053
My definition of valid and source is the same definition as the official one.
>>
>>9072054

warhammer 40k worshiping /r/The_Donald neo-traditionalist cancer spreading to other boards

also mexicans in the US reproduce more than others so the younger newcancer are getting more catholic
>>
>>9072066
Lolmao
>>
File: e40.jpg (31KB, 600x605px) Image search: [Google]
e40.jpg
31KB, 600x605px
>>9072052
No spooks here friend.
>>
>>9072072
What's /pol/ doing on a board capable of scholarly discussion ?
Also, $500 if you can cite a source for your Mexican reproduction rate claim
>>
File: 1480647525062.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1480647525062.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>9072072
>tfw half the """americans""" you talk to on the internet are hispanic
>>
>>9072080
Not him but if you go to Catholic Mass that's citation enough.
>>
>>9072086
A majority of White Americans are Protestant though. Your anecdotal evidence is worth nothing.
>>
>>9072086
Huh, nice sample. I'm sure one Catholic mass accounts for the entirety of the US' population.
>>
>>9072080

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2012/05/17/explaining-why-minority-births-now-outnumber-white-births/

>>9072085

and they probably account for like 70% of the national socialists on /pol/ because its an ideology that overcompensates for their racial insecurities and it glorifies their peasant caste
>>
>>9072096
Hahahahaha the first sentence of your "source" contradicts your very own claim.
>Hispanics
You do realize that hispanics aren't just Mexicans, right?

/pol/, everyone.
>>
>>9072096
>Using every ethnicity (and mixed couples) combined to prove mexicans outbreed whites

Wow you are retarded.
>>
what is everyone on about?
>>
>>9072095
95% of the Mexican population, seriously go to Mass.
>>
>>9072105
>>9072110

?

https://hailtoyou.wordpress.com/2015/12/21/total-fertility-rates-by-race-in-the-usa-1980-2013/
>>
>>9072116
Read the thread, Catholics are rekt'ing proddies and /pol/ boy a few posts up just got rekt bc he can't into simple statistics. This thread is probably one of the most amusing /lit/ has had in a while.
>>
>>9072118
Once again,
>Hispanics
and also don't ever cite a source if your source is going to be wordpress
>>
>>9072125

Ctrl + f "mexican"

also that is CDC data, why are you ignoring reality

oh right this is a catholic thread
>>
>>9072119
It's a pretty shit thread t b h.

t. not cuckolic or proddie
>>
>>9072117
Are you that hard-headed? Do you not realize that Mass isn't a valid enough sample to make such an absurd claim?
I'm sure 100-200 Max people fit inside of a Catholic Church. The U.S has who-know how many millions. And therefore, your "sample" is essentially not even 1%-- let me repeat-- not even ONE PERCENT of the entire US populations. If you still can't understand why that's not a valid sample then just give up.
>>
>>9072137
Also, this one time I went to the grocery store and I swear everyone in there was a Mexican.
>>
>>9072133
t. Proddie who probably just got rekt a couple of posts ago
>>
>>9072143

t. butthurt Mexican
>>
>>9072141
You know, the role of being an idiot fits you quite naturally-- oh wait.
>>
>>9072148

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHAZWxuyz_k
>>
>>9072145
I'm actually laughing at how stupid you /pol/ cucks are that you can't even read and understand simple statistics. Haha.
>>
>>9072154

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYLlNFMVTN0
>>
>>9072137
Dude were you diagnosed with autism or do you not recognize an all Catholics are hairy brown people who overproduce when you see one? It's pretty standard fare, you know like Jews can smell the money in your pockets with their big noses.... Fuck he believes that one too huh? Goddamnit /POL/
>>
>>9071648
>the food analogy

every time
>>
this is now a Latino music thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXvOEPsE0s

Latin music is /lit/
>>
File: 1486351558283.gif (946KB, 280x235px) Image search: [Google]
1486351558283.gif
946KB, 280x235px
Let us put aside our differences and focus on real issues; Atheists are the real nuisance.
>>
>>9072166
t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6NrQuup80

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9qoriHxGss
>>
>>9072166
y tho
>>
>>9072150
>>9072158
>>9072167
Here's your much desired (You)
>>
>>9072172

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nl5U0O5nOU
>>
>>9072176
REE
>>
>>9072166
Yaaaaaassss
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mT4T5GyGqRQ
>>
Holy fuck, Tumblr and Reddit has officially taken over this entire place. Goodbye for ever, it was a nice ride.
>>
How do I embrace religion when I was raised atheist?
>>
>>9072264
Go to Mass. If you feel comfortable enough talk to the priest after. If not try again next Sunday.
>>
>>9072244
t. /pol/ // /fedora/
>>
>>9071891
Underrated post
>>
File: weeping246.jpg (6KB, 206x308px) Image search: [Google]
weeping246.jpg
6KB, 206x308px
Do you believe in miracles, /lit/?
>>
Because I'm a practitioner of Kekism.

Like Shia Islam it is a modern rendition of Christianity combined with other older religions, beliefs, and traditions.

Kek is my god and Jesus PBUH and Trump PBUH are his prophets.
>>
>>9072295
>PBUH
Peanut Butter?
>>
>>9072297
>"""""""intellectual""""""" posting on /lit/
>doesn't know what PBUH means
every time
>>
>>9072295
>Jesus
>not Pepe
>>
>>9072321
Pepe IS Jesus anon. Just think about it, Jesus is all about BAPTISM of the spirit. Pepe is a FROG, where do frogs live? That's right, they live in the water. Kek is the Holy Spirit, Praise Kek okay, amen.
>>
>>9072304
>"""""""intellectual""""""" posting on /lit/
>can't recognize irony
evry tiem
>>
>>9072297
Piss be upon him
>>
Reminder to all Catholics to sign this petition to remove this nun who spouted blasphemies that contradicted the Marian teachings.
https://www.change.org/p/arzobispo-de-barcelona-juan-josé-omella-suspendan-a-sor-luc%C3%ADa-caram
>>
>>9071993
The Catholic Church has infallibly declared that Protestant denominations constitute individual churches that are part of the Catholic Church by virtue of baptism. Either get with the VII program or admit Papism was a sham from the beginning. There are no other legitimate options. Your "Vicar of Christ" will be celebrating the 500th anniversary of the Reformation this year, by the way.
>>
>>9071590
god is dead, the jewish god of israel may or may not exist, jesus was just a person if he lived at all, miracles are impossible, there is no life after death, christianity is used to maintain people in their oppression, christianity is sickness and even pascal says so

mainly i'm not a christian because I DON'T BELIEVE
>>
>>9072556
Isn't that just a way of them saying "We're right, you'll come around eventually"?
>>
>>9072562
No. The teaching has completely changed.

The papal bull Unam Sanctam (1302):

>Furthermore, we declare, we proclaim, we define that it is absolutely necessary for salvation that every human creature be subject to the Roman Pontiff.

Catechism of the Catholic Church (1992):

>847. ... Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.
>>
>>9071590
Because I wasn't brought up in the culture and since I'm not trained to think that way it just seems like wishful thinking. When you look into religion without being trained to need it, it just seems like someone wrote bad fanfiction for reality.
>>
not white and/or stupid
>>
>>9073330
SHIIIIIIIET BRUH BRUH NIGGA U ON FIRE WURDLSTAAAAAAAA WURLDSTAAAA DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEM LIKE NIGGA U SPITTING FIRE ON DEM WHITEY WE MUZ TELL EM THAT W WUZ KIAAAAANGZ AND SHEITTTTTT
>>
>>9072556
This is a misunderstanding. The infallible declaration is that everyone Baptised in the trinitarian formula is subject to the authority of the Pope *even if they refuse to accept it*.
In other words, every Protestant is bound by God's Law to obey the Pope.

>>9072597
Another misreading. The catechism's comment is about invincible ignorance, not Protestant heretics.
For example, someone born and raised in a North Korean gulag who had never heard the Gospel but strove to live a life of charity, justice, courage, and temperance has a chance of Heaven through God's mercy because they were totally ignorant of God's truth through no fault of their own.
Read the bible? You aren't invincibly ignorant anymore. All Protestants that have been baptised and heard the Gospel are *NOT* covered by CCC 847
>amateurs
>>
File: protestants are silly.jpg (184KB, 897x673px) Image search: [Google]
protestants are silly.jpg
184KB, 897x673px
>>9071603
>>
>>9073330
Bix nood represent, yo!
>>
>>9071590
I kinda of am, Soren got me to drop the Fedora
>>
>>9073640
>Implying the Protestant Schism wasn't a big deal
>>
>>9073640
savage af
>>
>>9073774
Pffft.
The Arian Heresy was a bigger deal, and they all went away.
The Orthodox schism was earlier and they are much more robust, but they are edging closer and closer to coming back every century.
Yes, the Protestant heresy is pernicious, but the Protestants are dying.
>>
>>9073847
This. It was a much bigger deal for proddies because their Churches have no ancient history.
>>
>>9073879
Yup.
Look at it this way; according to Adherents and
Catholic Church - 1.2 billion members
Eastern Orthodox - 225 million
All Protestants - 900 million
The Catholic Church worldwide is growing faster than the rate of population growth.
With population decline imminent the year 2100 will be a lot more Catholic and a lot less Protestant.
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.