[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cultural marxists aren't so bad >mfw American education

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 351
Thread images: 25

File: IMG_20170203_034639890.jpg (401KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170203_034639890.jpg
401KB, 1000x750px
>cultural marxists aren't so bad
>mfw American education
>>
>>9068452
>cultural marxism

>>>/pol/

shoo shoo. you're using words you don't understand.
How did you get into college?
>>
>cultural marxism
>alt-right buzzwords
>>>/pol/
>>
>>9068452
Song of Solomon is a genuinely great work, though.

Lay off the /pol/ coolaid.
>>
Teaching writing is fucking boring and one of the few things the instructors can do to make it interesting is change up the readings.
>>
>>9068475
one of the worst books ive ever read
>>
>>9068452
>going to a liberal university

You 'don fucked up, faggot.
>>
>>9068452
>no phones allowed on the desk
Is this how they treat adults in America?
>>
>>9068452
>going to uni
You're really in it now
>>
>>9068464
>>9068468
>co-opting an English course to teach about 'black culture' and the evil of the white man
>not cultural marxism
are you retarded?
>>
>>9068569
>'cultural marxism'

Please go
>>
>>9068569
>not everything is about white people
>autistic screeching
>>
File: brainletwojack.png (70KB, 644x793px) Image search: [Google]
brainletwojack.png
70KB, 644x793px
>When we enter into the classroom it is a place safety and respect.
>>
>>9068569
It's a minor English course that focus on Hip Hop. I'm 100% sure that it is not required and that the only people who follow it are truly interested in the art form.

What's your opinion on this? There should be no course in wich the best Hip Hop lyrics of the last 30 years should be analyzed? Would you apply this stance to music lyrics, or even opera librettos?
>>
>>9068577
>English course
>not about English
autistic screeching indeed
>>
>>9068569
yes

go away
>>
>>9068585
>I'm 100% sure that it is not required and that the only people who follow it are truly interested in the art form.
>ENGL *1012 English Composition II: Seminar in Expository Writing
>Required Core English composition requirement.
It's required for literally every BA :^)
>>
>>9068586
>no hip hop lyrics has ever been written in English
>>
>>9068452
this methodology smells familiar
>>
>>9068586
looks like it's in english to me bro can you read?
>>
I don't think american writers in general should be included in the english literature canon......only writers who were born and bread in England should be included.
>>
>>9068592
>>9068594
try the redpill, brainwashed idiots.

HIP HOP = BLACK

WHITE CULTURE = SHAKESPEARE AND DANTE

A white student should NEVER have to read black "literature"
>>
>>9068468
the term has been around longer than the alt-right
>>
>>9068603
>English course
>Dante
>>
>>9068603
>redpill

when't the last time a female who you weren't related to willfully touched your penis?.....medical inspections and prostitutes don't count
>>
File: 1486136259577 (1).png (552KB, 400x633px) Image search: [Google]
1486136259577 (1).png
552KB, 400x633px
>>9068452
>Americans take out loans and live a life of debtor servitude just so can learn about dindus for a tangential degree all in preparation for their mcjob which will be automated in a few years anyway
top cuck

feels good knowing that my uni schooling is subsidized by the government and doesn't force me to focus on useless liberal arts garbage that has no utility in my career and is basically liberal brainwashing
>>
>>9068602
that 3rd world muslim country? nah
>>
>>9068603
>try the redpill
The redpill used to mean something completely different, and was closer to the ideology of creepy PUAS than the ideology of white supremacists.

>A white student should NEVER have to read black "literature"

Well, that's an English composition course, not a WHITE CULTURE (SHAKESPEARE AND DANTE) English composition course.

It is perfectly reasonable to study the best examples of a modern art form, wether the artists of this art form were black or white.

tl;dr: get fucked, they will keep teaching black people compositions in universities and you will keep getting mad about it. Enjoy being the loser here.
I'll stay here, drinking your tasty white fat man tears :)
>>
>>9068612
I don't engage with modern women as their degenerate and worthless.

>virgin!
And proud. Everyone should remain virgins till marriage. Reminder that pleasure is degenerate.
>>
>>9068592
If you'd seen what we had to listen to and read on the first day you'd be appalled. It wasn't English, but some broken negroid tongue offshoot resultant from years of crack usage. How is one to learn proper grammatical syntax upon examining the subtleties of 'bitches 'n' hoes'?
>>
>>9068619
>I don't engage with modern women
sure m8 it's definitely this way and not around
>>
>>9068613
>feels good knowing that my uni schooling is subsidized by the government
you're the cuck if you think you're studying for free
>>
>>9068590
You never been to school? All the Comp classes are under the same number, with different subject matter. There are usually 20+ different classes.
>>
>>9068626
At least I am virtuous, unlike women who have all taken 500 cocks before leaving high school.
>>
>>9068602
Let's be honest, English and American literature is not worth studying unless you're actually obsessed with it. If you're striving for pure art just learn French and Italian and read the most beautiful things written in human history.

Ironically this applies for virtually any art form ever besides modern popular music and when you look at that you'll discover that black people did it better anyway.
>>
Why the fuck are you in Brooklyn if you hate black people you retard
>>
>>9068452
Thank God I don't go to some third rate Yank uni.
>>
>>9068635
if russia didn't exist you'd be right
>>
>>9068639
>he fell for the russian meme
>>
>>9068628
Oh damn, you've got me, it feels so bad to pay taxes and enjoy a massively higher quality of life for me and my community, knowing that I am extremely safe through the mutual well being of my fellows.

Americans may pay less in taxes, but everything else costs more anyway, so you end up losing regardless. With lots of criminality, debt, and every other person at risk of bankruptcy. Nice society you've got there, teaching the travails of the black man is sure to fix all that.
>>
>>9068639
You're right, yet I still think that the French and Italian tradition are infinitely stronger than the russian one, but I'm obviously biased on this, since I've read only 18th, 19th and 20th century russian literature. I'm kinda lacking when it comes to their pre-18th century literature.
>>
>>9068629
If you could read you'd realize the OP is posting 2 different syllabus for the same course, I imagine the darky tint is a common one considering such. What's the point of 20 alternatives when they're all the same re-education?
>>
>>9068650
>I'm obviously biased on this
How is that "obvious" you pompous piece of shit. Nobody knows who you are, nobody would know that you didn't read any russian books from before the 18th century. How full of yourself could you possibly be? You're a pathetic piece of shit desu
>>
>>9068650
>>9068666
the joke is that there is pretty much no pre-18th century russian literature
>>
>>9068666

Enjoy these trips and chill out, you sperg.
>>
I'm not the guy who posted the thread but I don't understand why /lit/ is so quick to defend this course. many universities clearly suffer from this kind of monotonous politicizing of the humanities.
if it's not mandatory then who could complain, however this seems the be part of a larger trend. Bloom complained about it a lot too, he even said 20 years ago that such a battle has already been lost.
we should be careful not to let our schools degenerate into pseudo-academic nonsense.
>>
>>9068452
/pol/ was right again
>>
>>9068635
>not worth studying english lit
>not worth studying shakespeare
>not worth studying gaddis

why in the fuck are you here?

also, shameless to see all these idiots supporting the idea that rap lyrics is an adequate subject for an english composition course, and the implications that it brings aren't outlined in the "gender, class, and race" portion of the course description aren't simple proof of the perversion of an art with social politics that are irrelevant in an employment starved field.
>>
>>9068700
>an adequate subject for an english composition course,
Have you ever taken a writing course? It's literally all ladies writing about their dad and their dogs and shit, it's total garbage.
>>
>>9068718
all the more reason to not use it as an opportunity to sodomize some brains with leftist propaganda. if it's already trash, try to make it better, not worse.
>>
>>9068732
>sodomize some brains with leftist propaganda
Ha ha! That is indeed what they do. Upboated my good man xD
>>
>>9068732
>implying that hip hop is either leftist or feminist
You're dense.
>>
File: 1486136120270.jpg (181KB, 981x1015px) Image search: [Google]
1486136120270.jpg
181KB, 981x1015px
Wow, lit is usually such a slow and dead bored, but this thread fucking exploded. It's very suggestive. Maybe there's hope yet.

https://youtu.be/uCo7GvTjrco
>>
>>9068745
the implication is in the fucking syllabus itself you illiterate cuntrag.
>>
>>9068754
Yet the content that is taught is not leftist, therefore you can't call it leftist propaganda.
If anything will actually teach some pragmatism to people who idolize the oppressed only because he is oppressed. It is a valuable, unbiased lesson for every part involved.
>>
>>9068646
libertarians BTFO
>>
These are clearly introductory courses meant to teach basic reading and writing skills. I'm sure there are a fuck ton of these at this school, and the majority probably focus on white male authors, as they should. There's literally nothing wrong with having an English class focused on Toni Morrison, who even racists should admit is one of the better English-language authors of the second half of the twentieth century. The hip-hop class sounds pretty dumb, but it's even dumber to arbitrarily decide that some art should be studied and other art should not be studied.

I would never take these classes, but they almost certainly are not required, and there is really nothing objectionable on the syllabi. OP and cultural Marxists seem to actually have a lot in common, as they're both just looking for an excuse to be upset about harmless crap.
>>
>>9068452
the description looks pretty good desu
hip-hop is definitely an important topic when it comes to contemporary culture
you don't have to like it to admit it
>>
>>9068774
they are required

>>9068774
>I would never take these classes
racist
>>
>>9068586
English Literature has never really been about English Literature though, it's just been about Literature but you're reading it in English (so you'll read non-English books that have been translated), but really it's just been about literature, and English speaking countries are only a few countries in the world that produce literature. To complain about these courses having non-English literature is the ultimate plebian act one can commit.
>>
>>9068788
ey yo bitch sumtin na nigegr yo fuc diz green bitc mahd ick yo die nignignigdie yo bitch mahhh dickk

Yep. A lot to be gleaned there.
>>
>>9068787
>they are required
Presumably these are two out of a number of possible courses though. I bet there are other classes with the same course number where you read Hamlet, or Dubliners, or whatever.

>racist
Exactly! I consider my self a racist, and even I think it's retarded to get upset about these courses being offered.
>>
>>9068795
>implying that slang, sex and vulgar insults were not a big part of Shakespear's works
>>
>>9068799
And if there was no alternative?
There was no alternative. All of the available 1012 courses dealt with black authors and cultures, all 15. There are 10 more that require being in a special program that aren't open to the general public.
>>
>>9068795
This website is 18+. Grow up and learn a bit about the world before you start posting, or else you'll just embarass yourself.
>>
Top kek, that's what you get for going to a factory school.
>>9068585
Nobody that listens to hip hop in college is likely to be intelligent.
>>9068629
>20+ different classes
For a factory school sure.
>>
>>9068806
'aight nigga I gotchu-chu'

>>9068803
werd son das shit's eksactly duh same
dis nig shit be shakesbeard too yo
>>
>>9068806
>Grow up and learn a bit about the world

Like what? Get gangbeat in the inner city by black thugs because you're white, or have the girl he likes choose to date Tyreese instead because the media told her it was cool?
>>
>>9068809
>Top kek, that's what you get for going to a factory school.
Yeah, fucking 95% of Americans, what dumb pieces of shit. Why don't they all just go to Yale or something? Those are serious schools free from the 'cultural marxist' grip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QqgNcktbSA
>>
File: trump.png (353KB, 720x496px) Image search: [Google]
trump.png
353KB, 720x496px
Honestly that class sounds pretty interesting. I especially like how much it triggers /pol/.

Here are some selects that I think would be interesting to analyze:
> Kadence - Encoded Flow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yjg9IRc0hw

>Hide Ya Face - Ghostface Killah & El-P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AADbnoHpu9A

>Paid in Full - Erik B. Rakim
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7t8eoA_1jQ

>Dig it - The Coup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsUDGxdeICw

>Illegal Business - Boogie Down Productions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJXYsZKmuVQ

>Viewer Discretion - Invincible & Finale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQQyWCKDRmE

>Can I Kick It - A Tribe Called Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ubKHzujy8

Just remember, /pol/, being a white supremacist isn't a substitute for taste or talent. You will never be as productive or intelligent as any of the artists I've just shared.
>>
>>9068628
Why do americans think people don't have a grasp in the notion of taxation? It looks like these faggots only realize taxes exist when they're 18 or something. Of course we know we're paying for healthcare and education through taxes, but it looks like you don't know you STILL pay taxes while you can't even take a fucking radiography without getting yourself even more in debt (after the 100k debt you contraced at TWENTY TWO upon leaving college)
>>
File: 1486137843318.png (719KB, 1023x684px) Image search: [Google]
1486137843318.png
719KB, 1023x684px
>>9068820
thanks anon I'll be sure to check it out after watching my wife get fucked
>>
>>9068819
>mfw that professor lost his job after that
oh god I'm laffin'
>>
>it's made by blacks and of low artistic value so it's should not talked about seriously
>>
>>9068816
>because the media told her it was cool
The irony is that you're just regurgitating what it's thrown around in the media. Seriously, /pol/ infecting this board has been the most eye-opening thing ever - it's cemented the fact that they're idiots who can only think on a surface level. Do you not even bother to think about the way the world works? How people think? It's depressing to see that this is what /lit/ has become.
>>
>>9068823
Well, here's the fun thing. Most white supremacists are uncultured swine that don't know the first thing about the "white culture" they hold in such high regard yet they feel the need look down on other cultures that they also know nothing about so that they can feel a sense of accomplishment.

>>9068829
>low artistic value
lmao, I don't doubt you believe this.
>>
>>9068835
>it's cemented the fact that they're idiots who can only think on a surface level.
>le pol is racist and bad meme
the irony is staggering
>>
>>9068835
*is thrown around in the media
>>
File: morse.jpg (54KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
morse.jpg
54KB, 450x300px
>yfw /pol/ blames this on cultural marxism when sounding exactly like Adorno about why hip hop shouldn't be taught
>yfw /pol/ is cultural marxism
>>
>>9068824
No he did not!?
>>
>>9068788
I've never read a text written in a language other than English in an English literature course. At most, Old and Middle English texts are read in translation. Still, that's English literature.

Even the post-colonial literature being studied is in the colonist's language (English).

Literature translated from German is studied in a low-level German course (and can be read in German if so desired.)

Same with every other language that is taught here. Of course, other literature-focused fields will use translations.
>>9068806
>learn about the world
mein Gott...
>>9068819
I'm not American or attending Yale (which is still a factory school.)

Small-scale schools are becoming more popular all over the world.
>>
>>9068839
nice try schlomo
typical tricks
>>
>>9068835
>The irony is that you're just regurgitating what it's thrown around in the media.

Explain.
>>
>>9068837
>/pol/ is a race
You're a fucking idiot. I can say that /pol/sters are all fucking idiots because it revolves specifically around a very clear ideology, something they have choice and control over, as opposed to something like race, which is something as simple as a variance in evolution due to climate and geography.
>>
>>9068855
it's a meme that music videos and rap music make white girls sleep with black men en masse. literally race baiting propaganda straight out of dw griffith
>>
>>9068857
Who are you replying to even? That's the worst strawman I've ever seen.
>>
>>9068835
I'm still here anon. /lit/ is the last board with any sort of intellectual legitimacy left. There are still a few of us.
>>
>>9068569

>cultural marxism

Define this term without reference to youtube videos.
>>
>>9068859
>normalizing and even glorifying the other doesn't change anything, there's nothing wrong with it
the lies of the rabbis can only be stopped by force
and gas of course
>>
>>9068869
better get crackin goebbels, they're out there snatching up the white wimminz while you're on 4chan whining about it
>>
>>9068835

>It's depressing to see that this is what /lit/ has become.

I see it as a blessing in disguise, really. Whereas /lit/ before managed to maintain a level of quality that was just-not-quite-shitty-enough for any reasonable person to quit and never look back, /lit/ has finally been granted the death it has been longing for for so long. This makes it much easier to stop wasting so much time here and read more.

The wiki is still here. If you really apply yourself, you can still start a discussion here. But the baseline quality has become so shitty that we should be compelled to spend more time pursuing our interest instead of reading about it.
>>
>>9068452
They are but it is genuinely your fault for going to university for anything other than a STEM course, academics have long edged out anyone who doesn't agree with the leftist elite by now. You'll either write what they want or you'll fail and either way you will have learnt nothing.
>>
I bet you I have better taste in every artistic medium than any of the /pol/acks that hate rap here.
>>
>>9068864
the subversion of local and often superior culture by the installation and propagation of otherly cultures, legitimizing the latter at the expense and demonization of the former pursuant to an artificial 'equality' of fundamentally unequal ideas and groups, resulting in unnatural social degradation

it's just as Nietzsche said, the strong must be protected from the weak, modern and demented society privileges the weak and glorifies victimization
>>
>>9068882
I am taking a STEM course. These sort of pre requisites are the norm in America and largely inescapable.
>>
Why do people say /pol/ has infected a board whenever anyone expresses a non-left opinion? Is it perhaps an attempt to trivialize all non-leftist views and push it into one small area? It can't just be that they're trying to push all dissenting views out of sight into one small area that they will deal with later, they must surely do the same with expressing left wing opinion? They don't? Wow this is all very strange...
>>
>>9068888
>t. someone that has only read about nietzsche on wikipedia
>>
>>9068901
oy vey goyim do you want annudah shoah?
>>
>>9068816

>or have the girl he likes choose to date Tyreese instead because the media told her it was cool?

>/pol/ blames the (((media))) even for the fact that they're beta

Some of the straw-grasping certain /proles/ will go to to absolve themselves from every ounce of responsibility for their own faggotry really is astounding.
>>
>>9068900
That sounds awful, if it isnt important just write something that will challenge and upset your professor and take the hit knowing that you've done a moral good. If it does matter just toe the line until you get past it - complaining will get you nowhere because the march through the institutions has gone all the way to the top and leftists have no regard for due process beyond a superficial facade.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>9068902
At best you're projecting, at worst you're retarded.I don't care which is the case.
>>
>>9068901
Lit used to be very leftist.
https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S5770473
>>
>>9068901
>Why do people say /pol/ has infected a board whenever anyone expresses a non-left opinion?
actually ppl call someone a /pol/ack only after him posting certain buzzwords, opinions or style of writing very characteristic for /pol/
>>
>>9068879
Dude, Trump is president. I've done quite a lot in the meme war, I am taking a well deserved break. Can only win so much in so short a time, you know?
>>
>>9068912
>At best you're projecting, at worst you're retarded.
Brilliant arguments from someone that truly must be an intellectual giant.
>>
>>9068901
This. There's no way there's any significant /pol/ presence on /lit/, maybe on /v/, /fit/ and /r9k/, but here it will just be genuine right wing views - not that they aren't if they come from /pol/, in fact the idea of cross-board invasion is a bizarre one as if people must have singular interests.

But regardless yes dismissing anything as /pol/ is just an attempt as silencing an opinion. Imagine if someone wanted to talk about the Bell Jar and everyone just said "back to tumblr you shill".
>>
>>9068920
Color me completely unconvinced. It's just another insubstantial ideological nothing meant to silence others.
>>
>>9068932
it's practical on 4chan
>>
>>9068929
>don't offer an argument
>get offended when it's dismissed
bravo merchant
>>
>>9068920
Well popular media influences out, it doesn't mean /pol/ is artificially invading /lit/ to not discuss literature and mess it up - and so long as the point is something to do with literature, it belongs here whether not it's right wing.
>>
>>9068888
acting in your interest is immoral
>>
>>9068936
kek, you responded to a meme, m8. It's your own fault.
>>
>>9068888

Okay, now tell me how exactly a hip-hop course subverses "local" culture.

And go ahead and define local for me in an american context.
>>
>>9068881
>muh lefist echo chamber

kys
>>
>>9068946
Not him, but i would presume the course takes away learning opportunities of other kinds of literature, kinds which are better but have been artificially chosen against due to a bitterness against them or some hidden agenda.
>>
>>9068934
What's the point of even posting on 4chan then? You can say the level of rhetoric is already low, but you're not improving it by contributing as much as the average phone poster.
>>
>>9068946
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApWzzkyH0wg
>>
>>9068951

What I want is a literature echo-chamber you dunce, if I wanted a political one I'd go to /pol/.
>>
>>9068961
You've never been to /pol/ have you. It's far far from an echo chamber.
>>
>>9068955

I am almost certain that the better kinds of literature, e.g. the classics, is still taught. I fail to see subversion.

>>9068960

I'll have to reiterate the without reference to youtube videos part.
>>
>>9068946
Local = Western. It's not complicated. And forcing these courses in the place of others is very subversive, it normalizes and legitimizes what is extremely out of place in a god damn English Composition class while ousting traditional and established works of merit, for the sake of 'diversity'.
>>
>>9068961
The problem is you're conflating leftism with literature.
>>
>>9068965
The classics aren't required for every degree, however, this is. Formally, the classics were taught in said required class instead. See the difference?
>>
File: 1416853247643.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1416853247643.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>9068918
Oh shit, this is interesting.

>24 Nov 2014 demographic data on /pol/
Average Age:
>22.6

Sex:
>Male: 93%
>Female: 7%

Ethnicity:
>White: 87%
>Hispanic 9%
>Black 3%
>Other <1%

Political Affiliation:
> Far Left: 13%
> Center Left: 16%
> Centrist/Unaligned: 18%
> Center Right: 22%
> Far Right: 31%
>24 Nov 2014 demographic data on /lit/
Average Age:
>21.6

Sex: (Seeing as every female that responded was harassed, I'm guessing they are under-reported)
>Male: 94%
>Female: 6%

Ethnicity:
>White: 82%
>Hispanic: 9%
>Asian: 4%
>Middle Eastern: 3%
>Black: 2%

Political Affiliation:
> Far Left: 31%
> Center Left: 33%
> Centrist/Unaligned: 16%
> Center Right: 12%
> Far Right: 8%
>>
>>9068452
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9068978
I am sure these are accurate and not all informal nonsense.
>>
>>9068966

>Local = Western. It's not complicated.

In america it is. African-american culture is part of american culture, thus part of western culture.

Your history excludes you from the sort of identitarian ideology found in Europe.

>And forcing these courses in the place of others is very subversive, it normalizes and legitimizes what is extremely out of place in a god damn English Composition class while ousting traditional and established works of merit, for the sake of 'diversity'.

See >>9068965
>>
>>9068983
It's probably as good information as we'll ever get on anything anonymous like 4chan.
>>
>>9068975

>The classics aren't required for every degree, however, this is. Formally, the classics were taught in said required class instead. See the difference?

Is that really so? I'm going to go with the russian way and demand proofs.
>>
>>9068965
Well if its a compulsory course then it likely is taking the place. Some could argue that rap is a genre bought to the forefront artificially by both commercial interests but also a seedy agenda, with media pushing it, award ceremonies increasingly having quotas for it, along with separate award ceremonies. So then it is being pushed for reasons that are likely intended to have some changing influence on western culture beyond what it would naturally do.

Now whilst i do think rap is being artificially pushed, i dont think its by any means any major social agenda other than to sell stuff to middle-class white kids - it still stands that its inclusion in academic courses could be foolish as a result and serve to distract from traditional or contemporary western culture and direct praise to hedonism and black culture.

Just a quick thought, havent paid it much mind before this thread.
>>
>>9068882
t. factory schooler

STEM enforces its own ideology, and has done so for far longer.
>>
>>9068464

>How did you get into college?

I'm assuming he must have taken an IQ test and scored below 100, as that is obviously a requirement for attending LA courses like the one in the OP picture.
>>
>>9068978
>lit younger
>less females
>more shitskins
>less redpilled
seems pretty accurate to me.
>>
>>9069006
I did both a STEM degree and a philosophy degree. Both have very strong left wing influence, and it stands out far more oddly in the STEM where it really has no place. However my point was more that going to uni for anything other than a vocational degree is a waste of time.
>>
>>9069015
Stop going to a factory school. twerp.
>>
>>9069031
Went once because i was 18 and it was the thing you did, it was only when i was older i realized what a waste it was but went back to study medicine, couldnt become a doctor without a degree.
>>
>>9069040
Are you fucking illiterate?
>>
>>9068995

Even if we grant all this, and it is contentious, I fail to see the subversion. In fact, the course description seems to encourage being critical of hip-hop, instructing students explicitly to ask questions regarding the social responsibility of hip-hop.

There's no basis for believing that this is going to be a mindless celebratory course. There's no basis for believing that the study of hip-hop is "cultural marxism", as defined as propagation of the culture.
>>
>>9069046
I have no idea what you are getting at.
>>
>>9069054
Because you're fucking illiterate.
>>
>>9069047
Potentially, i was more interesting in the form of the backlash OP got in this thread. Criticism like you just posted is great, saying "oh great /pol/ again, go away" does no good for anyone.
>>
>When we enter into the classroom it is a place safety and respect.

And that person is supposed to teach you how to write?
>>
>>9069059
Apparently so seen as i have no idea what you are getting at.
>>
>>9068982
That the USA is a shithole.
>>
what's the point of education if you can specialize in literally anything?
>>
File: 1455727033060.jpg (7KB, 480x264px) Image search: [Google]
1455727033060.jpg
7KB, 480x264px
>>9068452
you pay for this

hahahahahaha
>>
>>9068603
Dante was Italian.

Shakespeare spoke Old English, less understandable than modern ebonics.
>>
>>9069047
>to ask questions regarding the social responsibility of hip-hop.
no
they say they want to talk abotu race and gender through hiphop
>>
>>9069116
>Shakespeare spoke Old English,
It's archaic but Shakespeare wrote in Modern English you dunce. Old English is literally a completely different language.
>>
>>9069122
Can you understand Shakespeare better than Tupac? Seriously?

>getting stuck on a common mistake
>misses the point entirely
>>
>>9069141
I don't care what your "point" was because it was something stupid about proving how black people are dumb or whatever. I just hate when people say Shakespeare wrote in "old English" because it's wrong.
>>
>>9068452
is your curriculum literally three toni morrison books?
>>
>>9068845
Maybe American university is different, but here in the UK plenty of universities look at French and Russian literature as part of an English Literature course, but that's just to name a few. They look at all sorts of different books.
>>
>>9068689
this.
>>
>>9069183
I'm not American.

Non-English literature is only studied in High School 'English' courses. Otherwise, the focus is on English literature. For example, the course I am in now is going Gawain > Shakespeare > Donne > some other material by various authors > Milton > Austen

Out of this, only Gawain was translated, and even then we have probably forced through the untranslated text.
>>
>>9068862
I realised I mis-interpreted what you were getting at. That's my mistake, apologies. It's just that in my experience when I call out communities like that, I get called a hypocrite because I'm generalising about a large group of people and they compare it to racism, which is absurd.

I realise that your point is that it's ironic that I insult /pol/sters for only seeing things on the surface level when I'm referring to /pol/ as racist and bad. While I think that's an empty response and avoids having to actually criticise what I'm saying, I'll respond to it anyway. I visit /pol/ quite regularly as I believe it important to understand how different ideologies think and also to form my own opinions about certain groups and ideas instead of just accepting it from what someone else tells me. There are endless threads about black crime, black inferiority, the degeneracy of "mudslimes", and constant nazi-apologism. It's so blatant that I thought it was just ironic like the rest of 4chan, but I was seeing its ideas and arguments spreading out into the real world, people from the board going out and voicing these opinions, making videos and all sorts about these ideas to the point where it seemed impossible to see it as ironic. Their analyses of minority groups and their cultures were always empty and lacking in any kind of deep thought other than "look at da statistics m8" and endless memes. Then they came here and started sharing their taste in literature and it was equally as dumb and repugnant. /pol/ is a shit-hole, period, and its ideas are a cancer to society.
>>
>>9069207
Then I don't know what to tell you. I'm not doing an English Literature degree, but I have friends and acquaintances that are and have been studying non-English Literature ranging from Beckett plays to Dostoevsky to Camus. One of them is even doing a whole unit on French Existentialist literature.
>>
>>9069047
you can scratch subversion since cultural marxism has been dominating liberal academia since 60s. this is also why russian formalism was the last theoretical pursuit worth discussing in academia.
>>
>>9069231
>Their analyses of minority groups and their cultures were always empty and lacking in any kind of deep thought other than "look at da statistics m8" and endless memes.

Not disagreeing with your analysis of /pol/, but there are a number of more mainstream ideologies, including left-wing and liberal ones, that this statement would also apply to.
>>
>>9069287
>cultural marxism has been dominating liberal academia since 60s
>>
>>9069300
Oh, definitely. That doesn't dismiss the illegitimacy of /pol/'s politics, however. Any ideology lacking in deeper thought is dangerous, I just find /pol/ one of the most dangerous ones because if taken on by a society, it could become very scary. I mean, a number of them are nazis, a group that rounded up cultures they considered inferior (essentially anyone that wasn't their exact definition of white) and killed them en-masse.
>>
>>9069365
>dangerous
for you
>>
>>9068943
indeed we must always act in the interest of our enemies

>t. enlightened liberal
>>
>>9069387
And for a majority of the planet's population.
>>
OP is obviously a false flag from the (((left))) meant to make true crusaders against cultural Marxism look irrational. There is no /pol/ on /lit/, it's just hundreds of (((leftists))) triggering each other with threats of a /pol/ boogieman.
>>
nice containment thread.

well-played op
>>
File: 1475282417120.jpg (266KB, 692x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1475282417120.jpg
266KB, 692x1024px
>>9069422
utilitarians will be the first ones to be removed forcefully.
>>
>>9069422
they live because we let them
our mercy is at its limit
and is only ever met with abuse
the reckoning approaches
>>
>>9069542
spooky
>>
>>9069231
Your thoughts are quite myopic.
>>9069231
>I was seeing its ideas and arguments spreading out into the real world,
Any sane person would realize it's not that 4chan affects the world, but that it is a representation of how the world is affected. /pol/ didn't emerge in some vacuum, the populists are responding to the times just as much as /pol/ is.

And dismissing something as a 'statistic' is the height of delusion. Reality is statistics. It cannot be argued that, for example, blacks are more violent on average and prone to criminality. The 'mere statistic' being taboo and somehow 'just' a statistic is proof of /pol/s righteousness. It's the most insane thing to suggest "yes this is what's happening but that doesn't matter, since it doesn't fit the ideological narrative' which is what you literally just did.

And there's a lot to this, reactionaries have to be reacting to something.
>>
File: 1354998083288.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1354998083288.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>9068540

Yeah. If they didn't make that a rule people would spend the entire lecture texting or looking at the internet. I don't know why they show up at all.
>>
>>9069441
>when you see an ugly fuck in the mirror and declare it a false flag operation by attractive people
>>
>>9069627
If the class isn't compelling why should people pay attention to it without recourse? Vote with your dollar, or in this case, your phone.

Of course I say this fully recognizing universities in America need to treat adults like children because of the types of people that attend them, they are in fact simpering idiots who need to be coddled and forcibly guided to not drool on themselves and others.
>>
>>9069574
>Reality is statistics
This is what I mean by surface-level. If you honestly believe that reality is statistics, you're an idiot. Statistics are a single representation, and they lack explanation, context, or history. Not to mention that you can find two sets of statistics that have involved thorough research that say opposing things. People on /pol/ see a statistic that shows that black people are more prone to violence and criminality and jump to the naive conclusion that that means it's just how they are. When you have a statistic, you have to then analyse it, along with other facts and statistics. A statistic alone is not truth. A statistic alone is not reality. It's just a tool that can be used to study reality. The people on /pol/ refuse to see that what they know as "black culture" is actually pretty typical working-class culture taken to further extremes due the existence of the new under-class, primarily made up of black people. Black families that are in the under-class have likely been there since the day black people were given "freedom". Have been there since the days of extreme systematic racist. While the progress of laws relating to race in the West has allowed many to escape that whole, that does not mean it will happen for them all. Many are stuck in a culture that perpetuates this life-style and it's a life-style that has existed since the beginning of civilisation. Oppressed people will be pushed to the dregs of society, denied services that allow them an appropriate development, they end up uneducated (because they live in a terrible neighbour with a shitty school and a "fuck-school" attitude that, again, has always been a part of working-class culture), they end up with no money, an inability to face responsibility, along with disapproval of those higher in the Capitalistic system. The weak are created, never born. The same goes for the strong. This is supported by history, by sociological study, by the very nature of the world around us. The world is far more complex than any statistic and /pol/ doesn't understand this. Their reactionary politics is trapped so painfully in the present, with know concern for the past or the future. It's simply whatever way they can use to justify a conditioned response without having to become self-aware.
>>
>>9069672
*systematic racism
>>
>>9069672
*escape that hole
*no concern for the present.
Damn, should've proof read this.
>>
>class about black art
>cultural marxism

This is why no one takes you seriously, /pol/.
>>
>>9068809
>nobody that listens to hip hop in college is likely to be intelligent

lmao check out this pompous douche bag. I'll admit a lot of it is trash but there are rappers with poetic ability that can rival anything written in the last 100 years.

eat a dick lol
>>
>>9068683
It's because /lit/ is comprised by leftists. Their prose and posting style sticks out like a sore thumb. I think they came from tumblr.
>>
>>9069672
People don't like being told 2+2=5.

You can interpret the statistics however you want, to explain the behavior. But the behavior is what's real. The behavior is what says that it's STATISTICALLY a good idea to be more suspicious of black people than non blacks, it's a fucking fact regardless of how you think it could be improved or changed through different circumstances. The statistics don't say blacks are fundamentally different, but that they are temporally different, and that's perfectly reasonable.

Anyone who cries systematic racism is just an idiot.
https://youtu.be/MA7aTT0sPkg
>>
>>9069672

Nobody is denying that the blacks have problems, but they're not going to get any better if white liberals keep infantilizing them and making excuses for their retarded behavior. Part of being "equal" means being held responsible for your actions. This whole "blacks are the product of history and economic conditions" idea takes away all of their agency - crime isn't a disease, it's a choice. Ironically, liberals are the biggest racists of all.
>>
>>9068452
heh heheh... heheh... cunny...
>>
>ITT: Blacks are impoverished because of liberal SJWs.
>>
>>9069672
>This is supported by history, by sociological study, by the very nature of the world around us. The world is far more complex than any statistic and /pol/ doesn't understand this. Their reactionary politics is trapped so painfully in the present, with know concern for the past or the future. It's simply whatever way they can use to justify a conditioned response without having to become self-aware.
Please don't talk about what you have no idea about. Anyone who looks at the history can see in the last 50 years the black community has changed. You point to things like a lack of education or teen pregnancy and guess what, they have skyrocketed in the past 50 years. Was America more or less racist before the civil rights movement do you think? It has nothing to do with racism, you're just a cuck who takes comfort in the narrative. Guess what? People are responsible for themselves, you can see blacks got off on the wrong foot but so did lots of other groups. I don't see many Jews still building pyramids or living in ghettos, do you?
>>
>>9068585
The problem is that this course takes great work of art and view them trough the lens of race, class and gender. They basically tell the students "identify who is oppressed and who is in power". Then basically "now hate white people, feel sorry for minorities, women and the poor"

If you can't see what is wrong with this then listen to some Jordan Peterson or something.
>>
>>9069762

Wait, where is the, "now hate white people" part?

That part. That's the part people think is made up.
>>
>>9069740
Precisely this. People shouldn't give a shit about race, sex, religion, etc... But those who constantly market in identity politics, the left, ensure these remain on the forefront of the political discourse, that is saturates every facet of life. In reality they are the bigots, the ones who think these poor groups need our help and our sympathy.
>>
>>9069772
Why are the oppressed groups pressed? I mean, an oppressed group has to be oppressed by an oppressor. WHITE PEOPLE OBVIOUSLY.
>>
>>9068452
I took a similar class last year and everybody was very critical of rappers when their lyrics accused white people unfairly.
>>
>>9069772
Its complicated. I exaggerated it. Yet there are views and opinions like that are becoming increasingly common and its because of educational shit like this.
>>
>>9069672
So there's no such as weak people? As inferiority? How then are you even dealing in these comparative terms?

The conquered are just as good as the conquerors? Pure god damn sophistry, holy shit. Being on the receiving end of exploitation makes you inferior. That's literally what all of the above words literally mean. How far back are you going to analyze these complex socio-economic circumstances that led to the vulnerability of African American people? Are you going to go all the way back in time to the fucking 18th century only to point out their tribesmen sold them into slavery to Europeans, so we need to go further back and explore their predicament to discover what lead to that? Are you going to go all the fucking way back to the primordial ooze to see which proto-bacteria had it easier than the other? Specious garbage like this makes my blood boil, words have meaning, when you retreat into this purely ideological narrative of everyone is equal they have to be you devolve into pure meaninglessness.
>>
>>9069739
>>9069740
That's just avoiding the issue. It's a consequence of the racism black people suffered in the 20th century because history has momentum. By ignoring that issue and leaving that community in a situation they can't voluntarily escape is negligence. As part of the community and people who advocate equality, we must put work into helping this culture. Hardly anyone actually thinks they shouldn't suffer from the consequences of committing crime or whatever, but we should be putting in effort to support them, to stop criminals being made. To alleviate their financial dilemma. Provide them with adequate education. As stated before, if you live in a shit neighbourhood, you'll probably go to a shit school because they get very little funding. In a sense, people will lack a lot of genuine agency as we're all tethered to our environment, our experiences, our limited and linear perception. Our point is that they lack agency because of their very specific circumstance and part of striving for equality is paving the way for them to obtain the agency that they deserve. Oppression actively involves the stripping away of one's agency, even if they are unaware of it. Crime may not be a disease, but it can be a compulsion, a pressure. By treating as if they have the same amount of agency is as if you were to break someone's legs, then toss them into a marathon with fully able runners. It's unfair, it's unequal. We must help them until they've recovered from their injury.
>>
>>9069704
lol ur just IJNANT gucci mane is a fukkin genus
>>9068884
anybody i dont like is from le pol
/pol/ has been /b/ 2: electronic shithole for like 2-3 years now.
>>9069254
Crap schools prefer to bolster foreign literature than study their own language's. It's called ENGLISH literature for a reason.
>French Existentialist literature
Horrible.
>>9069574
>reality is statistics
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>9069827
>Oppression actively involves the stripping away of one's agency, even if they are unaware of it.
You mean like adopting some neo-white man's burdenesque thinking and convincing people we need to help rule these blacks who can't rule themselves? Lmao.
>>
>>9069792

Or...the rich? Yes they happen to mostly be white males, but rich black people ain't doing shit for their community either.

Only stupid people get caught up in the white vs black meme. Ignorance transcends skin color.
>>
>>9069827
Most of America's systemic poor are white. There's no overarching ideological narrative to guilt everyone into helping them. Probably because we acknowledge their humanity and responsibility for their own lot. Not like those darkies.
>>
ITT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSlvDfVGOuE
>>
>>9069827
>By treating as if they have the same amount of agency is as if you were to break someone's legs, then toss them into a marathon with fully able runners. It's unfair, it's unequal.
What do you mean?
>>
>>9069851

They acknowledge their own responsibility but vote recklessly, refuse education and benefits, and constantly spew vitriol?

No one feels bad for poor white people because we all recognize that the effects of poverty on their communities has made them repulsive.
>>
>>9069857

He means 400 years of slavery + Jim Crow.

I assume marathon pertains to wealth/economics.
>>
>>9069865
>because we all recognize that the effects of poverty on their communities has made them repulsive.
I can't take this irony, it's too much for me, you win anon. Even if you're pretending to be retarded, it's too much. I concede.
>>
>>9068452
I mean, this class sounds dumb, but the fact that you unironically use the term "cultural marxism" is the real cringe here
>>
>>9069867
but they aren't in slavery now?
>>
>>9069874
>>9069874
>>>9068452 (OP)
>I mean, this class sounds dumb, but the fact that you unironically use the term "cultural marxism" is the real cringe here

Anon...
>202 / 14 / 51 / 1
>>
>>9069827
even if SSide Chicago had harvard education experts transplanted in and 1 billion in funding, it would still be a fucking shithole. Those people are genetic dead ends by now. The best they can hope for is government mandated sterilization and anti-aggression passifying medication. I suggest government sponsored drug ghettos, with endless recreational drugs at the cost of being sterilized.
>>
The proposition
"Blacks have equal potential (on average) to other races, their environment stops them reaching this potential"
is unfalsifiable.
Liberals will redefine what intelligence, talent and success mean before they accept it is not the case that different "racial" groups have different quantities of these traits.
>>
>>9069891
>not the case that different "racial" groups have different quantities of these traits.
Should be "same quantities"
>>
File: 1486249756253.jpg (22KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1486249756253.jpg
22KB, 500x373px
>>9069824
>Are you going to go all the fucking way back to the primordial ooze to see which proto-bacteria had it easier than the other?
keksimux maximus
>>
>>9069868

Life becomes much simpler when you recognize that individuals and societies do make mistakes, that sometimes groups of people will end up neglected, and that while doing for both would be ideal, sometimes one person or group will receive more love than another at any given time.

Caring about the inner city doesn't mean people want to exterminate the white race. It only means that for a few years, give or take, we've forgotten about the trailer parks.
>>
>>9068452
>goes to Brooklyn "college"
Literally what? You're an embarrassment, an hero
>>
>>9068888
Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>9069762
I like this observation. Critical theorists essentially use sophistry to take art and reduce it to nothing more than identity politics. Critical theorists are basically people who don't know anything about art but want to complain theres not enough diversity
>>
>>9069884

Exactly.

Their legs were broken during slavery, were at last invited to the rat race after being released.

I.e. playing from behind.
>>
>>9069760
>Teen pregnancy has sky-rocketed in the past 50 years

Are you crazy? It had been on a bit of rise in the 80s but has been seeing a constant drop since the 90s (not just amongst black teenagers, but teenagers of all racists). In fact, whilst black people had the most teen pregnancies during the early 90s, by 1996 they had dropped below hispanic teen pregnancies. In fact, black pregnancies have been dropping faster than any group for the past 20 years, correlating with the improvement of their socio-political circumstances.

In regards to education, whilst the gap between white and black education has barely closed, it is still undeniable that it has improved, even if only slightly. I've even searched around for the statistics you clearly must have, or else you wouldn't be talking with such certainty, and I can't find a shred of evidence for your claim. Very ironic.

Evidence and Statistics of Trends in Teen Pregnancy:
https://www.hhs.gov/ash/oah/adolescent-health-topics/reproductive-health/teen-pregnancy/trends.html
http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/stateline/2015/3/03/racial-and-ethnic-disparities-persist-in-teen-pregnancy-rates
https://www.guttmacher.org/gpr/2014/09/what-behind-declines-teen-pregnancy-rates

Evidence and Statistics Concerning Black Education:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/11686/race-education-years-after-brown-board-education.aspx
http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2016/01/13/achievement-gap-between-white-and-black-students-still-gaping

There are also a few pdfs I found, dunno how to share them on here though (if I even can). I'd really like to hear where you're getting your information from, because it seems to be really confidential stuff if I can't find a single trace of it.
>>
>>9069924
*teenagers of all races
>>
>>9069914
upvoted
>>
>>9069914
I think it is very important to link them to historical instances of sophistry. Even the ancient Athenians had to deal with this pernicious form of discourse.
>>
>>9069924
Since the 1950s, the U.S. teen birthrate has declined while the proportion of teen births that are nonmarital has increased.

Yawn.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2014/12/18/the-unbelievable-rise-of-single-motherhood-in-america-over-the-last-50-years/

Clarify just what your numbers mean, I'd guess it means married teenagers having children. That doesn't happen anymore.
>>
>>9069917
What was wrong with their other body parts that they got their legs broken while other races didn't?
>>
>>9069967

idk, but at least they survived unlike the Native Americans

Do you want people to resort to blaming whitey? Because your insulting leading questions come from the sort of attitude that convinces cultures to blame whitey.
>>
>>9069991
>I don't have an excuse
>shut up or I'll use a different excuse
>>
>>9069963
>I'd guess it means married teenagers having children.

No, it means all teenagers having children. It even says it in my links. Also, it's a bit silly to use statistics about nonmarital births over the past 50 years when marriages themselves have been on the decline, divorces on the rise, and people's perception of marriage as an institution has radically shifted during that time. Of course nonmarital births have increased - the amount of people getting married has decreased. Your own evidence supports this. All nonmarital birthrates have increased in the past 50 years. Not to mention that before 1969 the "black" label included all non-whites, and before 1989 both white and black included hispanics. Looking at this one, solitary statistic that you have shared (in comparison to the three I posted concerning teen pregnancy and the two I posted concerning black education), there is nothing to suggest that black culture has been "changing" like you suggest it has. Your article isn't even about teen pregnancy, it's about single motherhood. That's a different story. This article even suggests that this issue isn't even a cultural one, but an economic one and goes into detail as to why that is. This rebuttal is a travesty. Absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>9069891
>The proposition is unfalsifiable
Explain.
>>
>>9070028
>black single mothers have quadrupled since the 50s, an ISANE amount more than any other group
>not a result of cultural change
ok anon

yeah, it's institutional racism that's the problem oddly enough America got less racist after the civil rights movement but blacks have more and more single mothers since then and readily point to such as a reason they do so poor, their deficient upbringing, which must also be somehow due to racism right?
>>
>>9070028
It's an economic issue black fathers are all dead beat dads? I'm not limber enough for that kind of mental gymnastics.
>>
>>9070048
Did you not read my post? Do you just pick what you think you can reply to and pretend like everything else doesn't exist? I picked apart why that assumption is mis-informed by picking apart what they mean by "black" in the statistic. For about 30 years, "black" includes more than just black people, so how much of that statistic is actually representative of the black community during that period is uncertain. Along with that, the statistics show that ALL races saw a significant increase in single motherhood (again, due to changes in our culture as a whole and the way it now perceives the institution of marriage). It shouldn't be a surprise that, considering what position the black community is in, they would have the most significant increase. Your way of approaching these things is just "what's the answer that requires the least amount of thought and research? oh, it's just black culture guys, what degenerates, glad I'm not them, haha".
>>
>>9070060
>it's an economic isse black fathers are all dead beat dads.

Yes. One's economic conditions play a huge part in development of morality, ideals, maturity, and responsibility in a Capitalistic society. It decides your education, your community, your neighbours. If one's economic conditions are poor, they are less likely to be brought up correctly, they are less likely to be capable of facing responsibilities, they are less likely to become a respectable member of society.

So you're right, you're not limber enough for that kind of mental gymnastics; your mind clearly can't analyse and interpret beyond a rather basic level.
>>
Ok let me bring out my infographics?
>>
>>9070122
So who do we blame for the conditions that led to those conditions for them? And before that? And before that? And before that?

What a retarded brand of casuistry.

If you're going to attribute the increase to the economics due to systematic racism, you have to acknowledge that America became less racist while the things you attribute to racism increased. It doesn't hold water.
>>
>>9068774

You didn't read the syllabus. It is a political brainwashing course.
>>
>>9068805
Yeah if that's true that's kind of fucked. It'd be better if they were upfront about wanting everyone to take a class exploring African-American history and culture, but it's obnoxious to try to get two birds with one stone by making that class also the intro writing class.

I guess don't got to some shitty leftist college Brooklyn.
>>
File: IMG_0392.png (188KB, 1567x1253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0392.png
188KB, 1567x1253px
>>9068839

I love how nobody tries to correct the terminology in order to improve the discussion. It's always about "muh Minimalia Moralia" and "muh Frankfurt School talking about culture industry" and never about actually discussing the social issues.

Non-identitarian leftists and paleoconservatives recognize the problems in society being caused by crony capitalism. Can we move forward and talk about how to solve problems instead of pointless fighting?
>>
File: angry crow with knife.jpg (29KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
angry crow with knife.jpg
29KB, 412x430px
>>9068946

read the fucking syllabus you jackass, the focus and implications of the course are spelled out for you in plain English

you are going to study these "classics" of rap, you're going to be relating them to social problems, and you will most likely be being told that there are prescribed solutions based along ideological lines

it's a brainwashing course disguised as a second-rate literature course
>>
>>9070160
They didn't increase. They have been decreasing. Every statistic I have posted in this thread has supported that. It's also a bit more complicated than finding someone (or something) to blame. I think if there's something to blame, it's our ancestors who enforced racism early on, which can itself be blamed on humanity's natural instinct to be wary or deny something that they perceive as foreign, unknown. Something that has a high degree of "otherness". Rather than worrying about who to blame, we should be worrying about how we solve the problem. People get too defensive when it comes to race relations: suggest that the state of the black community of other minority communities can be linked to racism and what happened in the past, they immediately think "wait, so it's my fault?" which isn't the case. They only become part of the problem when begin to deny its existence and try desperately to defend themselves.
>>
>>9070180
>I guess don't got to some shitty leftist college Brooklyn.
>look up the wiki
>literally the school Sanders went to
You can't make this shit up.

>Acceptance rate: 35.3% (2014)
>Total enrollment: 17,410 (2015)

It seems like a pretty average American school everything else considered.
>>
File: stirnerlaughing.gif (7KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
stirnerlaughing.gif
7KB, 170x200px
>"Education"
>>
>>9069924
>correlating with the improvement of their socio-political circumstances.

black family incomes have been plummeting, the only thing that his increased is access to government entitlement programs. get some real statistics.
>>
File: s,dm102.jpg (274KB, 952x986px) Image search: [Google]
s,dm102.jpg
274KB, 952x986px
>>9070223
>They didn't increase. They have been decreasing.
the numbers disagree

but those are just statistics, right?
>>
>>9069929

>le freudian slip xD
>>
>>9070223
Right, but who do our ancestors blame then? I just want to get to the bottom of this racism thing.
>>
>>9069178
I laughed at 'The Toni Morrison Trilogy'

Modern authors, I pay no attention to them, not really. It's just funny how it's presented.
>>
>>9070234
Single motherhood has been increasing for all races. This statistic is very misleading in general, as for about 30 years, "black" doesn't actually mean just black people. Things like teen pregnancy, quality of education for black people, and other things connected to racism has been decreasing. Again, it's like you don't read the posts. That statistic is affected by a significant change in Western culture and ideology, perpetuated in the black community by their position in society.

>>9070233
No they haven't. Like all family incomes, they have been increasing since 1967. The changes within their family incomes are the same as the others. Unemployment for both black and white citizens have also increased by a similar amount (but there still exists a gap between them has only slightly changed). The race with the most unique change in family income are Asian families, with have been seeing large drops and rises in the past 20 or so years (which also seem to have the highest average family income amongst the races).
>>
>>9070249
Read my post. I already told you.
>>
>>9070291
>Single motherhood has been increasing for all races
Not at the same rates, nimrod. Which is the point. You can try to dismiss this fact by saying, oh, but this includes all non whites, so it doesn't count! But I am sure you'd turn around later, for another discussion, and bring up how those same non whites non blacks are also plagued by all this system racism. Prevaricate all you fucking want, the numbers are there, and they do not lie.
>>
>>9070295
Can you reiterate then, as I seem to have missed it. Since we're products of our environment, I know I can blame my ancestors for what they did to blacks, but who can my ancestors blame? I mean, surely when they bought those black slaves, those slaves were suffering from complex socio-economic problems that led to a vicious cycle that made them vulnerable to subjugation, right? Since we're all really equal except in circumstance. I just want to get to the bottom of this racism thing, anon.
>>
the one person i know who listens to hip hop and reads is a massive conspiracy theorist and thinks immortal technique is a real intellectual.
>>
>>9070291
>No they haven't. Like all family incomes, they have been increasing since 1967. The changes within their family incomes are the same as the others. Unemployment for both black and white citizens have also increased by a similar amount (but there still exists a gap between them has only slightly changed). The race with the most unique change in family income are Asian families, with have been seeing large drops and rises in the past 20 or so years (which also seem to have the highest average family income amongst the races).

[citation needed]
>>
>>9070219

Yes they are. A couple of them:

>is there merit in the genre?
>what is the cultural responsibility of hip-hop?
>we will focus on the history of hip-hop music in the US, the critics of the genre

Please tell me more about the implications of this course.

>you will most likely be being told that there are prescribed solutions based along ideological lines

And tell me, what do you base this on?
>>
File: 1471836023696.jpg (95KB, 330x357px) Image search: [Google]
1471836023696.jpg
95KB, 330x357px
>>9069827
>>9070122

>determinists will never be put in a FEMA death camp in your lifetime
>>
I bet the good Dr. Docteur has really shitty taste in rap; I just know he's some busted up oreo punk.
>>
>>9070302
The amount of change in the races vary depending on their position in society. White people's increase is the lowest. Then it's hispanics who have a larger increase than white people, but lower than black people, then it's black people who have the highest increase. The bigger the initial percentage, the bigger the increase in percentage. Looking at the final percentages, this very clearly shows:
The percentage of black unmarried births is 72%, the percentage of hispanic unmarried births is 54%. The difference is 18%. The percentage of white unmarried births is 36%. The difference between white unmarried births and hispanic unmarried births is also 18%. Certainly more than coincidence.
>>
>>9068888
Interisting that you should define it as the propagation of otherly culture for an academic course on hip hop would be an act of ignorant masses and a imposition by capitalism in the eyes of Adorno and Horkheimer.
>>
>>9070310
Humanity's natural urge to deny or fear something different to themselves. People will act more hostile and more oppressive towards something depending on the degree of "otherness" they display. Black people were more vulnerable to subjugation because they were a less developed race. The reasons for that are reliant on their climate, wild-life, weather, and other environmental factors that affect mortality rates, which in turn affect the rate at which a society develops. The point I've been making is that there is no use in pushing blame, because that achieves nothing, the blame would simply go towards life being hard and complex. The role of civilisation and human community has been to operate together to combat aspects of life that hinder us and make life more difficult. It's impossible to put all the blame onto someone or something, and it solves nothing anyway. All that matters is we recognise how things got to where they are now and how we can help solve that problem.
>>
File: income-over-years-800x478.png (270KB, 800x478px) Image search: [Google]
income-over-years-800x478.png
270KB, 800x478px
>>9070346
>>
>>9070436
>because they were a less developed race
That's racist, we're all equal except for circumstances. Who do the undeveloped blacks blame for their being undeveloped, I wonder...?
>>
>>9070402
>I have no argument against his points, but it goes against the narrative that I've been pushing and have been wanting to be true, so he should be put in a death camp.

/lit/: a board for intellectuals.
>>
>>9070451
Did you even read the post you're replying to? They should blame the sun. That's a time honored explanation here.
>>
>>9070451
Being on /lit/ requires reading comprehension, anon. Come back once you've obtained that.
>>
>>9068864
Marxism but instead of believing in an unfair class society defined by wealth, cultural marxists believe there exists a class society that is divided into cultural minority groups like blacks and gays who are in turn oppressed by the white majority (upper class)
>>
>>9069627
If students can succeed in the class while spending the entire claas on their phones, isn't that the professor's problem? Make the class actually challenging, something that demands students engage, like it should be, and the phones won't be a problem. Those who still choose to spend the whole time on their phones will fail, or at least get a shitty grade, and, as they are paying for the product, that's their choice.
>>
>>9070436
>Humanity's natural urge to deny or fear something different to themselves. People will act more hostile and more oppressive towards something depending on the degree of "otherness" they display.
But aren't the ancestors of blacks also human? Why didn't they subjugate instead of being subjugated? Someone has to be responsible here!

>>9070436
>The reasons for that are reliant on their climate, wild-life, weather, and other environmental factors that affect mortality rates, which in turn affect the rate at which a society develops.
But doesn't all of humanity originate from Africa? Why did some people leave to other places and develop there and some not? Someone has to be responsible for this. We need to go deeper, as is you've simply avoided responsibility. Plus, as I recall the Egyptian civilization was quite developed but were still conquered, and really...aren't meaningfully far at all from Italy and Greece! Surely such small variation in climate can't be so significant? The Greeks/Romans basically developed modern civilization after all, why were they more developed than the blacks? It can't just be the climate, since their climates weren't that different from the likes of Egypt, just a stones throw away.

>>9070436
>The point I've been making is that there is no use in pushing blame, because that achieves nothing, the blame would simply go towards life being hard and complex.
But you literally said institutional racism WAS to blame. You're contradicting yourself now...

>>9070436
>. The role of civilisation and human community has been to operate together to combat aspects of life that hinder us and make life more difficult.
So we should have killed all of the blacks rather than emancipate them? That doesn't sound very humane to me. But yeah...it would certainly simplify humanity really let us move on past this whole racism thing.

>>9070436
>All that matters is we recognise how things got to where they are now and how we can help solve that problem.
But what are you suggesting? You basically so far have said to throw more money at the problem and privilege blacks despite the very sources you cite, stating that despite government institutions such as affirmative action trying to help them, 50 years later they've made "shameful" progress in areas such as education. Clearly what you suggest doesn't work as it's already been tried...
>>
>>9070468
>black inferiority is due to institutional racism
>black inferiority before institutional racism is due to...who cares we need to all love each other and be equal
sounds good anon, sounds good

fucking determinists holy shit they should be gassed
>>
>>9069672

Here is what annoys me about this "sophisticated" egalitarianism. You are basically saying that the average /pol/ack's racist view of the world is for simpletons, and only educated/intelligent people would be able to say that racial disparities in achievement are due to economic factors and social factors.

But could I not accuse YOU of being the simpleton? After all, you are operating with the assumption that all human beings on earth have the exact same propensity in all mental categories. It is actually pretty easy to assume that all humans are the same, and only look at things like economics. Analyzing different genetic differences among human populations is much more difficult, especially since we can't fully measure it with our technology. I could very well argue that people like you are taking the "simple" view because you completely ignore human biodiversity. It's very easy to say "The reason why they commit more crimes is because they are poor", it's much harder to explain the behavior in biological terms.
>>
>>9070542
>It's very easy to say "The reason why they commit more crimes is because they are poor", it's much harder to explain the behavior in biological terms.
No reasonable person accepts this sort of explanation because of the overwhelming disparity in criminality per capita. It's staggering how much more violent some races are.
>>
>>9069306
breivik is a literal marxist, exterminating people as ideological doubleplusungood personas.
>>
>>9070509
>ancestors of blacks are also human
Yes, obviously. They didn't subjugate because they weren't they weren't as developed as their invaders, plain and simple. Not that complicated.

>ancient egypt
Egypt's development was significantly affected by the prescence of the river Nile and the wonders it did for Egpytian agriculture. It centralised a lot of Egpytian society, being an incredibly unique geographical trait of the region which helped it develop at a much quicker rate than usual. It fell, eventually, to the Roman empire which, despite your beliefs, had quite a different climate to that of Egypt. Africa, on the other hand, is one of the hottest places on the planet, has very extreme and capricious weather, very deadly wildlife, weak conditions for agriculture. It's actually quite similar to that of Australia, which also developed a population of black people (and also suffered the same problems of development because of this).

>you said institutional racism was to blame
I said it was, presently, the primary cause. Which is true. There's a difference between a cause and a blame. Blame is something that involves the shifting of responsibility. You can keep pushing that back, and in human development and civilisation there is a long line of causality, which is precisely why I argue that arguing who is to blame, who is responsible, is silly. We must look at the current dilemma, recognise it is the result of a long, complicated set of circumstances that we can now adjust. The finish line is insight, but people who don't want to understand this and simply want to segregate and blame black culture are holding us back from doing so.

>we should have killed all of the blacks
Most extreme strawman I've ever witnessed. Killing all of them is not improving life, but making it worse by murdering a large society of innocent people, as well as actively decreasing varience within the species which severely hinders evolution.

>What should we do?
We should increase our support for the black community. Government support for them still really isn't that great and has only been a recent development, if anything. It's being hindered by people like you who are ignorant to the facts and want to perceives black culture as inherently wrong and fundamentally degenerate.
>>
>>9069827
funny how this worldview is even more demeaning to niggers than taking them as they are.
>>
>>9070559

>chattel slavery
>native americans
>imperialism
>both world wars

Yup, all blackies.
>>
>>9070542
Of course there are differences between people, but there is nothing scientific that even remotely suggests that one's race has anything to do with this. Skin colour is 100% the result of melatonin levels, which is the result of climate. Black people have black skin because they developed in Africa which is very hot, so they evolved to have more melatonin levels which makes them less likely to be severely sun-burnt.
>>
>>9070695
Not really, seeing as one perceives them as race that has been oppressed and subjugated (which they are), and the other side is treating them as just naturally degenerate or inferior.
>>
>>9070695

This is the smartest board this website has to offer and we still have to wade through this pop eugenics, willfully ignorant bullshit.

Were Natives inferior while they were teaching white people how to settle the land? Were blacks inferior while they were mastering the art of mathematics and building pyramids? Were Asians inferior while they were inventing paper and gunpowder?

All this history at our finger tips, I don't understand how anyone could buy into racial superiority in 2017.
>>
>>9070685
>Yes, obviously. They didn't subjugate because they weren't they weren't as developed as their invaders, plain and simple. Not that complicated.
You've entered cyclical and really nonsensical logic here. So whites enslaved blacks because of innate human tendencies but blacks failed to do so because they're...just like whites? Clearly there must be a difference somewhere. It's worth noting, that it was other African tribes that sold their fellows to Europeans, no white civilization engaged in such barbarism ever. You could make a case for the Romans (who were not white) but that was almost 2000 years ago...so...maybe the 16th century Africans just needed some government assistance?

>>9070685
>Egypt's development was significantly affected by the prescence of the river Nile and the wonders it did for Egpytian agriculture. I
Right, and it became a Roman subject and today is a 3rd world shit hole. So even with conditions favorable to development such as climate, blacks do poorly and become subjugated. How can you explain that away while retaining this notion of equality? People and nations are responsible for themselves, every black nation and people has failed. The evidence is overwhelming.

>Most extreme strawman I've ever witnessed.
It seemed to be what you were insinuating, or at least logical from what you described. If I've misunderstood I apologize, I was just taking your line of "The role of civilisation and human community has been to operate together to combat aspects of life that hinder us and make life more difficult." to its logical conclusion.

>We should increase our support for the black community.
But your own facts and sources suggest it doesn't work, that even with assistance they are inferior to their counter parts.
>>
https://twitter.com/TranslucentLucy/status/822565849047461891
>>
>>9070732
you're presenting a hodge-podge of genetic inheritance of 'shared' trauma (ridiculous and discredited concept) reflecting on modern life and treating cultural melting pot as something other than a necessity borne from times of strife and/or colonial period.

>>9070733
american natives are rightfully known as mold huggers because lo and behold: they are nearly gone and have left no traces of their existence except for a few wampums.

compare them to south american indians. also pyramids are not some sort of architectural marvel nor were they built by blacks, there was one nubian dynasty in egiptian history which also had no connection with ooga boogas from congo.

racial superiority is a scientific facts, niggers are physically superior and intelectually inferior.
>>
>>9070738

Inferior or less prone to conquering? Does being less inclined towards imperialism make a culture inferior?

Falling to invaders=/=inferior genetics
>>
>>9070496
This, brainlet redditors can't even understand this basic fucking concept
>>
Soon they'll start banning Shakespeare from colleges
>>
>>9068533
Do non-leftist universities even exist?
>>
Humans develop in Africa (black people)

Some black people make it north past the Sahara.

These black people kill, cuck, and conquer local northern sub-human populations (who have not conquered but remain sedentary), creating sub-human cuckbabies and inheriting the genes of the defeated population.

This new population of sub-human cuckbabies, by nature of their black human genes, start conquering other places, adding to their wealth and development, and gain dominion over the world.

The black genes of these sub-human cuckbabies is directly responsible for their superiority.

Black genes = superior humans, as logic and science testify.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (17KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
17KB, 250x250px
>>9068585
>hip hop
>art form
>>
>>9070775

What's the difference between a North American and South American native again? Location? Sure. Culture? Of course. Genetics? Eh, don't buy that.

If one culture is too trusting/not militarized enough/flat unlucky and falls to another does that make the genes of the subjugated culture inferior to their conquers?

If you feel war has shaped history and favor certain narratives it can certainly be argued that more warlike/possessive (European) cultures are superior, sure, but there isn't enough scientific basis backing genetic superiority to correlate the two.
>>
>>9070786
Less prone to succeeding at conquest you mean. Even this cuck here states they have similar tendencies to subjugate the other, surely they would if they could, instead they never rose above local tribal warring. It's actual comical as they're still doing it to this today, Africa remains the slave and genocide capital of the world. And South Africa now that the whites have all been driven out is crumbling and a burgeoning murder capital of the world! But hey, we're all the same. Love one another.
>>
>>9068569
>'cultural marxism'

Please go
>>
>>9069762
This. Society now worships weakness and degeneracy.
>>
>>9070831
Holy... I want kangs
>>
So I just checked this college out, and a cursory glance tells me that I would not have chosen to go here.
>>
>>9070845
Trump confirmed for weak and degenerate.
>>
Is it even possibly true?
>>
>>9070858
Trump is getting shit from all sides for not being "oppressed" enough.
>>
>>9070868
But he was elected by society.
>>
>>9070738
A-Are you naturally stupid? Like, seriously, some of the questions you ask are so painfully stupid, it leaves me in disbelief. Black people didn't subjugate white people because they COULDN'T. The men who arrived in Africa had developed a lot more than the men in Africa and the reasons for this have been explained in detail already. Also, black people selling each other into slavery is a long debunked myth that only idiots and racists still believe. Do research instead of parroting what other people have told you.

>Egypt fell, so blacks suck
Yes, Egypt fell, and so did hundreds of other civilisations. Since then, Egypt (along with the majority of 3rd world countries) has been meddled with and oppressed by the West and their development severely stunted. We took Imperialism past its relevance and have now fucked with the rest of the world, leaving it in a huge mess. Even suicide bombers and Islamic terrorists can be linked back to the U.S. and the shit it had been pulling in the Middle East. Black societies are more likely to fail as black skin only arises in regions where living and development is signficantly more difficult. White people were most likely to be successful because white skin arises in climates that are very supportive of development and living. A vast majority of the Western world came from Great Britain, a region that was ideal for the development of civilisation, along with it being conveniently placed in a part of the world that had many different civilisations come through and leave behind their cultures. Imperialism was necessary for early humanity because when it culminated in the way it did for the British Isles, it allowed for the proliferation of many developed civilisations into one super nation. White people succeeded due to pure luck.

>Support of black community doesn't work
No they don't. Only one statistic shows that one specific aspect of black culture has gotten worse (that of single mothers) and that in itself makes sense within context of our current society. Not to mention that, as I said, support for the black community is still quite scarce and only recently implemented and what we have seen from it has brought positive results, with teen pregnancy's on the decline and the quality of education for black people continuously on the rise.

For someone who browses a literature board, you're very good at reading and interpreting. Most of your posts have been you misinterpreting or just not understanding many of my points and asking blatantly stupid questions.
>>
>>9070870
Trump supporters are afraid of admitting that they voted for Trump. And Hillary got more votes
>>
>>9070875
>A-Are you naturally stupid? Like, seriously, some of the questions you ask are so painfully stupid, it leaves me in disbelief. Black people didn't subjugate white people because they COULDN'T. The men who arrived in Africa had developed a lot more than the men in Africa and the reasons for this have been explained in detail already.
If they couldn't, then they're inferior.
>Also, black people selling each other into slavery is a long debunked myth that only idiots and racists still believe. Do research instead of parroting what other people have told you.
Wrong.
>>
>>9070831
Dam bruh u speaking some TRUTH to dem whitey bois
>>
>>9070879
>Trump supporters are afraid

Weakness
>>
>>9070875
>Yes, Egypt fell, and so did hundreds of other civilisations. Since then, Egypt (along with the majority of 3rd world countries) has been meddled with and oppressed by the West and their development severely stunted. We took Imperialism past its relevance and have now fucked with the rest of the world, leaving it in a huge mess. Even suicide bombers and Islamic terrorists can be linked back to the U.S. and the shit it had been pulling in the Middle East. Black societies are more likely to fail as black skin only arises in regions where living and development is signficantly more difficult. White people were most likely to be successful because white skin arises in climates that are very supportive of development and living. A vast majority of the Western world came from Great Britain, a region that was ideal for the development of civilisation, along with it being conveniently placed in a part of the world that had many different civilisations come through and leave behind their cultures. Imperialism was necessary for early humanity because when it culminated in the way it did for the British Isles, it allowed for the proliferation of many developed civilisations into one super nation. White people succeeded due to pure luck.
In that case, wouldn't you agree that thousands of years of these groups evolving in seperate conditions would have made blacks genetically inferior? Blacks didn't need intelligence to survive in Africa, but whites did.
>>
>>9070875
*not very good at reading and interpreting
>>
>>9070885
epic
>>
>the rightwing complains about alleged cultural Marxism
>the rightwing go into a frenzy if things don't agree with them
Is it hypocrisy or stupidity or did they never believe in the first place?
>>
>>9070882
>If they couldn't, then they're inferior
Very simplistic mind-set. They were less developed due to geographical reasons. Genetically, there is nothing that implies they are inferior.
>>
When will this madness stop?
>>
>>9070902
...are you implying that human beings don't adapt to their environment genetically?

Geography influences genetics.
>>
Just take the easy A at your meme university OP

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=1816852
>>
>>9070896
Right-wingers aren't known for their intelligence; it's why there's a remarkable dearth of commendable right-wing literature. For all their talk of greatness and strength they don't really have it in them. I imagine they're the Goebbels type.
>>
>>9070896
>LOL u cant disagree with things or ur a hyppocrite
Another spectacular reddit post
>>
>>9070912
Demonstrably false. There's tons of great right-wing literature, it's just suppressed by academia and the media. I'd recommend Anthony Ludovici. And most people in history have had views that would now be considered to the extreme rights.
>>
>>9070875
>Also, black people selling each other into slavery is a long debunked myth that only idiots and racists still believe. Do research instead of parroting what other people have told you.
What compels you to come here and just make shit up? No-one with an iota of historical knowledge or even common sense (you really think whitey was stalking through the bush kidnapping Africans? The picture is laughable) believes you. Honestly, your dedication to falsity is really indicative of the grip ideology has on people today. Facts literally need to be rewritten to accommodate the globalist narrative.
>>
>>9070888
No. There is nothing to suggest that. In fact, what even qualifies as "genetically inferior"? How do you measure the value of such a thing? Intelligence is needed to survive no matter where you are. In fact, with Africa being a more hostile and difficult place to live, it would've required more intelligence to succeed in Africa than other parts of the world. Intelligence is what put man above the rest of the animal kingdom and part of the reason why we did. If there was such a variance between people that developed in Africa and people that developed in Britain, there would be more physical variances as well, likely being a separate species of Homo, but they weren't. Why we have found with science is that there is nothing genetically inferior about black people or genetically superior about white people. You can say "Oh, but maybe this would lead to inferior genetics", and they may have had the potential to, but they didn't. When you find the scientific evidence that proves black people are genetically inferior, be sure to let me know, because it'll be the exact opposite of what current science tells us.
>>
>>9069760
tbqh the jews still live in ghettos, but these ghettos now are gated, upper-class communities
>>
>>9070786

Will a black child raised by two white parents in a suburb be more likely to struggle in school or commit crime than his white peers, in your opinion?

Likewise would a white child raised by a single black parent in a ghetto manage to succeed in spite of their environment based on their genetics alone?

Account for sample size as you wish. I doubt this hypothetical experiment would conclude that given the same opportunities as a middle class white person black people still cannot succeed, or on the other hand, that whites are naturally better at overcoming poverty than other racial groups.

Cultural superiority is not equivalent to genetic superiority. The difference being that cultures can be morph and grow.

An ideology that concludes individual members of the black race are strictly inferior, or any that any race/culture is naturally inferior/evil/whatever, will eventually lend itself to genocide. Think every poster in /lit/ can agree that genocide is objectively evil.
>>
>>9070920
>it's just suppressed by academia and the media.

If this is true it is because the right-wing has lost, and at all points in history lost consistently due to its lack of intellectual and artistic genius.

>And most people in history have had views that would now be considered to the extreme rights.

Which is why most people in history fought against tyranny? The most militaristic, right-wing states in the past have never created great art. It's not a coincidence.
>>
>>9070908
Not enough to make certain races inferior to others. The genetic differences between the races are mostly subtle and incredibly specific to their origin. Not to mention that a lot of those genes would've disappeared amongst race mixing and changes in society.
>>
>>9070965

The correct way to approach a /pol/ tard is not to do the same thing as him but with opposite ideology.

Chateaubriand is perhaps (imo) the greatest French writer and he was pretty right wing. The same could be said of many great artists. I really don't think there is a link between the overall greatness of artists and their political affiliation (unless you use some meme political view vs a common one)
>>
>>9070960
>Intelligence is needed to survive no matter where you are.
But not the same level of intelligence.
>In fact, with Africa being a more hostile and difficult place to live, it would've required more intelligence to succeed in Africa than other parts of the world.
Africa is never cold, they can get food easily. Their only issues are disease and such, but their environment is extremely easy to live in. And if they were so intelligent, why do they speak such primitive languages? Why did they not create art or science? Don't say whitey.
>If there was such a variance between people that developed in Africa and people that developed in Britain, there would be more physical variances as well, likely being a separate species of Homo, but they weren't.
There is a huge difference. Just going by physical features, blacks have a different-shaped cranium, wider noses, different hair, and dark skin. You think that evolution is only skin deep?
>Why we have found with science is that there is nothing genetically inferior about black people or genetically superior about white people.
But we have.
>When you find the scientific evidence that proves black people are genetically inferior, be sure to let me know, because it'll be the exact opposite of what current science tells us.
You mean the science of liberal universities? At EVERY income level, blacks are less intelligent and lower performing than whites.
>>
>>9068464
>>9068468
>>9068475
Tumblr and reddit posters need to be permanently banned and it needs to start happening right now. These faggots attempt, and usually succeed at, derailing threads before they can legitimately discuss anything every time.
>>
Why is it that fascists desire order so much, when if they actually regulated their own lives properly they wouldn't be fascists? Is it because they lack personal autonomy? Perhaps if they didn't sleep during the day they'd feel a lot less reactionary.
>>
>>9070973
It really is. Africans literally have no worthwhile culture.
>>9070965
Read a book
>>
>>9070992
nice generalizations
>tfw liberals are so pathetic that they have to convince themselves that everyone who disagrees with them is a le neckbeard
>tfw liberals are so stupid that they think not wanting to take a class on hip hop is fascism
back to your anti-Trump protest
>>
>>9070982
If I were to go to Spain I would not get very far only speaking English. /pol/ only understands a certain manner of argument so I will talk to them in that manner.
>>
>>9070982
>>9071003
You guys are cringeworthy
>>
File: 1480086976182.jpg (24KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480086976182.jpg
24KB, 277x400px
>>9070122
>One's economic conditions play a huge part in development of morality

MARXISTS NEED TO BE GASSED
>>
>>9070937
They didn't sell each into slavery anymore than any other society did. His implication was that these black slavers were a huge part of the slave trade and that no white civilisation ever did such a thing. The black slavers weren't, they were few in number and a natural part of any slave trade, many of them pressured into doing it for fear of their lives and their family's (only for them to be betrayed and enslaved anyway).
>>
>>9071002
Someone's grumpy. Is it because your diet is so bad and the times at which you eat are so irregular you haven't been able to shit for the past week? At least it has probably been a week; who knows when all the days feel the same?
>>
>>9070993
Yes I hear Mein Kampf is good book to read by a very successful author. All the great authors kill themselves, it is true.
>>
>>9070733
>Were blacks inferior while they were mastering the art of mathematics and building pyramids?

WE
>>
>>9071014
>this projection
kek
>>9071017
Woah, good argument
>>
>>9070733
>he thinks the Egyptians were black
kek
>>
Look no further than this post if you want to see damage control in action:
>>9071024
>>
>>9070733
>contribute one or two inventions to society
>you now get to claim that you're on the same level as the race that built computers and nuclear bombs
>>
/lit/ is kill
>>
>>9070984
>Africa is an extremely easy to live in.
HAHAHAHAHA, fuck of. You have to be baiting. You HAVE to be. The whole point is that is was very DIFFICULT to live there, and the reason they developed at a slower rate. Jesus, you just cemented yourself as a genuine moron with that one.

There would be more variances than that. Also, different-shaped cranium? How is that a racial thing? All people have vastly different shaped heads. Have you ever actually interacted with black people? Do you just hear about them on the TV and think "Oo, what savages, I hope I never meet one of those"?

Show me this "science" that you claim exists. I've certainly never seen it. There have been plenty of studies on it, all of which come to the conclusion that there's nothing that suggests that one race is genetically superior over the others.
>>
File: you.jpg (28KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
28KB, 601x508px
>>9071030
>>
>>9071032
>the race that built computers and nuclear bombs

Aliens?
>>
>>9071036
Why are you so retarded? Europe has cold as fuck winters: the only people who survive in Europe are the most intelligent. Africa has an easy temperature, therefore dumb people survive and the IQ is low.
Show me this "science" that you claim exists. >I've certainly never seen it. There have been plenty of studies on it, all of which come to the conclusion that there's nothing that suggests that one race is genetically superior over the others.
see no evil etc
>>
>>9071038
>No I'M not mad, YOU'RE mad!

Alright, you won the argument. You can go have dinner now.
>>
>>9071047
lmao, you should be glad this site is anonymous because you're embarrassing yourself
>>
>>9071032

not race

culture
>>
>>9071046
>"Europe is cold, it made the Europeans smarter"
>Tepid Mediterranean states prosper while snowniggers live in huts and flee the scary Steppe horsemen
>>
>>9071054
>races don't have cultures
>>
>>9071027

he thinks the Egyptians were taco benders

double lol
>>
>>9071052
You already won, please, mercy! I'll give you the last word! Anything!
>>
>>9071055
It's not really the same thing. You can't get your food so easily in Italy and Greece: they had to be able to trade and so developed language etc. Sub-Saharan Africans were isolated by a desert.
>>
>>9071057

>asians raised in asia live the same lifestyles as asians raised in america
>there are no lifestyle or attitude differences between first generation americans and second generation americans within the same families
>>
>>9071070
>applying ideals of globalization to past societies, which identified their culture with white people
>>
>>9071078
>is confused on whether genetic superiority applies in the present, applied in the past, or could never have applied at all
>>
>>9071046
Africa doesn't have an easy temperature, it is incredibly hot at all times, which has an affect on hunting, farming, and living in general. In Europe, the deadly period was just one period. In Africa, it was all year round. They had to deal with a killer climate, along with extreme weather and very hostile wild-life.

>see no evil etc
Are you even trying anymore? Just send me an article or something. I've searched around on Google and there's nothing that suggests what you suggest. I've researched this topic in a lot of detail before today and never seen anything that suggests what you suggest. If it really exists and I'm looking in all the wrong places, please, provide me with this evidence so I can finally learn the truth and accept that clearly you're right because there is bountiful evidence by respected and learned researchers that claim that black people are genetically inferior.
>>
>>9071109
I like how you pretend to be well-read.

How do you explain the IQ gap at every income level?
>>
>>9071013
>sold 60million+ of their fellows into slavery
>not a huge part of the slave trade
revisionist history is some shit
>>
>>9071153
The race IQ debate is very complex, with no solid answer as of yet. There are some, like Thomas Sowell, who provided evidence that black IQ has been affected by its association with white red-necks during slavery, thus adopting an anti-education, anti-intellectual culture. Then you have Arthur Jensen who's study suggested that the gap between races was coincidental, as if it really was connected to race, native blacks with a mix of white genetics would have a higher IQ than black immigrants, but his study found that in most cases, the immigrants were actually more intelligent than native blacks, suggesting that if race WAS related, then that would mean that the white genetics actually lowered black people's IQ.
>>
>>9070775
>Science
>fact
top kek
>>
>>9071035
This, unironically.
Thread posts: 351
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.