[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writer's Group

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: WRITERS-GROUP-2.png (245KB, 1000x634px) Image search: [Google]
WRITERS-GROUP-2.png
245KB, 1000x634px
Anyone in a local writers group?

Would you share a half finished novel with these people?
Would you share your finished manuscript with these people?
>>
>>9068285
i am and i do
especially considering one of the writer's is leagues better than me, and has helped me get over more than a few stumbling blocks in my own writering
>>
File: sadpepe.png (74KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
sadpepe.png
74KB, 412x351px
>tfw no writers group QT
>>
>>9068285
>especially considering one of the writer's is leagues better than me

Are you sure just one?
>>
>>9068349
yeah, i'm pretty good at writering though so yeah
>>
I'm in a writer's group of about 20 off and on people, I'm probably the only one there for every meeting. It's a mix of men writing mediocre detective/post apocalypse stories, women writing really rapey love scenes, and some of both going for YA dystopia.
>>
>>9068394
And you're there every time.
>>
>>9068408
Hope truly was the greatest evil to escape the box.
>>
>>9068285
>Anyone in a local writers group?
Yes
>Would you share a half finished novel with these people?
No, you shouldn't share unfinished work with anyone. If you're doubting it, put it down and come back later.
>Would you share your finished manuscript with these people?
Absolutely. They're the first people I go to for advice on later drafts.
>>
File: 122025_original.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
122025_original.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
-c-can I join?
>>
>>9071156
take better care of your teeth please
they're important
>>
>>9071156
Sure, but every meeting ends in a gangbang.
>>
>>9068285
>>9068317
I would like to make a digital writers group where we could all make new Gmail's just for it and use Google drive to share our works/make comments etc. Is this viable? Are you interested?
>>
>>9068285
I was in a writers group that was awesome in that there were some real great people in it, and some real weirdos occasionally who made it entertaining for the rest of it. I stopped going when I got a job further away that made it harder to show up. Since we only read a few pages at a time and we had a large group, and since I had pretty much learned my usual faults and strengths, I felt I got all I could get out of the group and didn't feel the desire to try and make any future meetings.

Incidentally I've been writing less.
>>
>>9071537
Yeah i would, provided you dont steal my ideas
>>
>>9071785
Lol, same, but I guess that risk is always ran with unpublished works and I'd wager our chances on making our millions this way are slim to none. It's for the joy of writing and I take no joy from biting other people's work. I'll make a Gmail and a thread and put it up to invite the board.
>>
File: IMG_0103.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0103.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
A while back, months ago, I made a thread about starting a writers group/artist circle in Vancouver.

Anyways, I've recently decided to move to Victoria: it's a young city that's full of energy, it's a regional capital, its full of college students, and as much now as then our national consciousness is woefully underdeveloped.

Anyways, you guys seem like generally smart people, so for any of you living in the area, I strongly encourage you to move to Victoria, BC, and start an artist movement with me. Any of you living in the city, let me know.

I honestly believe that this city is perfectly situated, both geographically and historically, to be the backdrop for a brave new art movement to burst through and perminantly alter the course of history.

But this vision needs effort and willpower, more than the solitary efforts of one man, to become a reality.

So if any of you are interested in being part of something, rather than passively consuming, I invite you to join me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.