[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is sociopathy just an applied mental state?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1434822059429 - Copy.webm (53KB, 168x270px) Image search: [Google]
1434822059429 - Copy.webm
53KB, 168x270px
Is sociopathy just an applied mental state?
>>
>>9068030
It's an outdated generalization of certain behavioral themes to the entirety of someone's character. Don't worry, you aren't one. Just a lonely loser searching desperately for a way to be special without doing anything.
>>
>>9068090
nice projecting
>>
>>9068030
Imagine being raised in a hostile environment with no safe harbor whatsoever.
Attributes and characteristics of people merely add up to strengths and weaknesses, anything else is irrelevant, people are a collection of vulnerabilities, whatever they value is where they are vulnerable. All that matters is control and being controlled.

To answer your question, it can be but it's a matter of 'you can't teach experience'.
>>
>>9068030
no, but I dont think any sociopath is sociopathic every second of their life; though its hard to say things like that with the fact of mental hospitals/institutions at all
>>
>>9068998
The sociopath is ever in calculation. The same way you consider your family and allies in every decision you make, the sociopath does this just as often, but only considers his own outcome. They are not necessarily out to hurt people, but that is not a problem if it stands in between them and what they want, and the consequence will not touch them.
>>
>>9068998
You act as if they are consciously choosing to act sociopathic.

>is sociopathic every second of their life

What aspect of sociopathic behavior do you mean? Malice? Keeping score? Playing a power game? Weaponizing every scrap of information?

It's a modus operandi, a default state, the base assumption is that everyone else is hostile and either weaker or stronger, this is the only thing that really matters about any given person.

They don't make a conscious effort to be sociopathic, just the opposite, they make a conscious effort to appear friendly and trustworthy.
>>
>>9069094
I thought the op was maybe something like:

is sociopathy the person, or is there "a """pure"""person (hoodness)" that chooses the actions/desires of sociopathy, or some mix of both 'inherent genetic compelment and/or environmental stimulus'
>>
>>9069607
sounds like just a part of the brain (that gives you empathy) is just not working right
>>
>>9069617
>sounds like just a part of the brain (that gives you empathy) is just not working right

does the brain give the person empathy, or does the person give themself empathy, dna, its inherent?
>>
>>9069067
I'm diagnosed ASPD and I think you're just describing autism

I'm a pretty chill dude all things considered
>>
>>9070253
He is describing psychopaths (And yes, there is a distinction between a socio and psychopath)
You are not necessarily either if you're on the Anti-Social spectrum
>>
>>9068708
I'll say, it went far and hit the mark.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.