[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

literature is objectively the most mediocre form of art. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

literature is objectively the most mediocre form of art. This comes from someone highly trained in music, literature and philosophy. The greatest moments of music are much more emotional and profound than the most "sublime" moments in literature, objectively speaking. If you disagree, you have not experienced the greatest moments of music and literature. Music can create a much more sustained and intense emotional response in people. In this way, the emotional aspect of literature is always mediocre compared to that of music. Literature tries to make up for this with ideas, which end up being pseudo-philosophical and shallow compared to those of true philosophy. One might say that Literature tries to emphasize subjective ideas and thoughts to express a vague but relatable notion of the human experience instead of trying to approach actual truth about humanity, opting to try to create characters or stories that audiences can connect with rather than an actual analysis, and that thus its ideas have a different purpose from those of philosophy. However, this again emphasizes the emotional aspect of literature, which, as mentioned previously, pales in comparison to tht of music. A counter argument to this might be that literature creates different emotions from music, creating a dialogue between the reader and writer, and that it is this emotional connection that makes literature just as valuable as music. While, granted, the dialogue between reader and writer is often emotionally fulfilling and gratifying for the lonely, and is not quite propagated in any other art form to the extent it is in literature, the emotional intensity and profundity of this dialogue simply does not compare to the emotional intensity and profundity in the best moments of the greatest music. The fact that literature has its own unique effect does not make it equal to music, as the effect in question simply does not compare to those of the greatest music. Thus, literature at its best, pales in its emotional capacity in comparison to music, and in its intellectual capacity in comparison to philosophy. Literature has the unique and valuable effect of allowing readers to relate to and connect to a story, but the fact that this effect is unique does not make it equal, and, ultimately, the effects of literature are ultimately trivial when compared to those of music and philosophy.
>>
>>9067249
>objectively/objectively speaking
>from my subjective vantage point
>>
>>9067257
kek
>>
>>9067249
music often brings a sense of euphoria and a smile to my lips, but so too does literature.

I can read for 16-18hours a day, everyday until I finish an excellent novel. I can't listen to music for more than 4 or 5 hours in one sitting without being bored, even if it is great music.
>>
>>9067257
I know much more about music, literature and philosophy than you. Because I have experienced more of these subjects than others and have a much greater understanding, I am able to come to as objective a conclusion as possible. To say "art's all all subjective bro!!" is also to say that Harry Potter is just as good as the finest literature. Think before you speak next time.
>>
Music is the lowest form of art.
Music is emotion without context. In other words, it's just your intellect latching onto familiar patterns, its the return to primal senses which is degrading and beneath inspired human nature.
Music is an undeveloped fetus in the way of turning into narrative.
>>
File: Lucas.jpg (52KB, 720x464px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
52KB, 720x464px
We all know that film is the greatest form of Human expression.
>>
>>9067279
r/iamverysmart
>>
>>9067270
I'm not judging literature by its entertainment value as compared to music and philosophy, but by its artistic value. If you think that something has more artistic value because it entertains you more, then by that logic, some very bad art would be considered good. The best way to compare the artistic capacities of different art forms is to compare their peaks, the truly artistic moments.
>>
>>9067249
poor bait 1/10
>>
>>9067279
>objective
>i know so much about philosophy
>doesn't give a proof
>>
>>9067311
I was expecting this, of course. I'm sure that there will be some people like you who believe that literature is just as valuable if not more so at this point because of their lack of training in art and philosophy, and I just ask you to suspend judgment until you actually have the ability to know what you're talking about.
>>
Im taking the opportunity to come out of the closet
Thank you for understanding and loving me regardless
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.