[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living in my car as of Friday. Books to get me through the next

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 618151324943.jpg (126KB, 1190x595px) Image search: [Google]
618151324943.jpg
126KB, 1190x595px
Any relevant recommendations to help me get through the next few weeks?

Thanks.
>>
Couple questions.

First
Fiction or Non-fiction?
>>
>>9066914
Maybe some fiction to take the edge off/give me something to relate to, and some non-fiction with information about survival?
>>
>>9066920
Ernest Hemingway - The Old Man and the Sea

Walden - Thoreau
On Nature - Emerson

The Holy Bible if you haven't
The Koran

Also, my condolences OP, you can still make the experience awesome.
>>
>>9066939
Thanks, I'm trying to stay positive and I'm sure I'll grow stronger from the experience.
>>
>>9066901
>>
I don't have any suggestions for books, but good luck. Try to stay positive and work forward. Having a goal, something you can work for to make things better, can make the burden lighter, as you know it will be temporary.
>>
Jo Nesbo, Grangé and Camilla Lackberg because you must have some fun and entertainment
>>
>>9066939
I too can rec The Old Man and the Sea. After you're done that read A Farewell to Arms.
>>
I made the mistake of going up on a parkway to sleep when I was living in my car, window got broken out and I got raped. Don't sleep on parkways.
>>
>>9067216
Everywhere seem dangerous

OP semi beggar should read Brecht
>>
>>9066901
>Any relevant recommendations to help me get through the next few weeks?

>Read books in the library. Even a terrible library will be a better place to read than the car. University libraries will tend to have later hours.
>If you're somewhere cold for the love of god stock up on cold weather clothing. Blankets, coat, gloves, long underwear, multiple sweaters, etc. Don't get those lightweight polyester blankets, they won't do shit.
>>
>>9066901
>to help me get through the next few weeks?

As if it is hard, I've been a ski-bum for two years living from my car in that time.

Shit was great.
>>
>>9066901
Do some travelling, OP.
>>
Suttree is absolutely as good as it gets for that. Lived in a car this summer and I cant imagine reading that book any other way.

Also Huckleberry Finn was comfy and Naked Lunch.
>>
>>9066901
Down and out in Paris and London by George Orwell helped me with the time I spent homeless.
>>
>>9066901
Not a book but the best tip I can give you is to have a lot of socks and change them when you wake up or go to bed. I don't know where you are but it's freezing here and the sweat on your socks can freeze on your feet overnight
>>
File: 1477198837718.jpg (127KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1477198837718.jpg
127KB, 1920x1080px
>all these homeless or ex-homeless people on /lit/
>>
>>9066901
Read comfy Light Novels, they're like anime, but written down.
It will add lighthearted fun and waifus into your miserable situation, and they are free, assuming you have some kind of electronic device to read them on.
Good luck anon!
>>
Are we allowed to ask why you're homeless?
>>
>>9068143
No, and by doing so you have transgressed. For the purposes of correction, we will soon be in touch.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.