[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Novels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: f298a03742.jpg (29KB, 304x500px) Image search: [Google]
f298a03742.jpg
29KB, 304x500px
Thoughts on pic related? What are some other good war novels?
>>
Enjoyable, but it's more about friendship than about war, Catch 22 or Slaughterhouse 5 are pretty great imo
>>
>>9065740
The Unknown Soldiers by Vainno Linna
Matterhorn
Storm of Steel and On the Marble Cliffs
Sharpe Novels
The Erl King
The Siege of Krishnapur
The Underdogs by Azuela
All You Need is Kill
The Black March
Life and Fate

On Killing, The Black Jacobins, and Shake Hands with the Devil are good non-fic that arent direct war histories.
>>
> the german unit goes to a "brothel" in France
> it's literally just a house of regular French women whose men are dead or dying somewhere else
> everybody gets laid

war never changes
>>
All of Remarque's novels are worth reading, I've always felt he's a bit overlooked
>>
File: 1471905818521.gif (3MB, 432x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471905818521.gif
3MB, 432x320px
>>9065814
France never changes
>>
>>9065814
>when he had to spend the night in no mans land with the dying Frenchman who just won't die
Had to pause the chapter to be honest
>>
>>9065828
i feel like alot of meaning is lost in translation tho
>>
If you're looking for something similar to All Quiet, The Things They Carried might be good for you.
>>
File: images (15).jpg (29KB, 309x477px) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
29KB, 309x477px
This is the best war book i have ever read
>>
File: images (19).jpg (22KB, 334x440px) Image search: [Google]
images (19).jpg
22KB, 334x440px
This is the best Vietnam war novel that i have read
>>
>>9067433
Shouldn't it be "The Kind Ones"? Isn't kindly an adverb? What am I missing?>>9067468
Could a title be more cliché?
>>9065740
Iliad. Another kind of war and warrior, sure. Still, a great part of it is universal.
>>
>>9067780
Read them
The Kindly Ones is an amazing book-just read it
Fields of fire is probably cliched but it is still a great book
>>
The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer.
>>
The things they carried by Tim O'Brien
>>
Parade's End, The Good Soldier, The Middle Parts of Fortune
>>
IN-parenthesis by david jones
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.