[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is the Tarkovsky of literature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: The Mirror 12.jpg (73KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
The Mirror 12.jpg
73KB, 768x576px
Who is the Tarkovsky of literature?
>>
>>9065228
A mix of László Krasznahorkai and Dostoevsky. I've never been able to find a fully satisfying answer, though, so read my novels in 20 years for the Tarkovsky of literature.
>>
>>9065234
Krasznahorkai is obviously the Tarr of lit and Tarkovsky isn't melancholic in my opinion.
>>
>>9065228
Hemmingway
>>
>>9065248
I agree with you, he's simply the closest satisfactory answer I've found.
>>
>>9065248
How is Tarkovsky not melancholic?
>>
File: okpleb.jpg (56KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
okpleb.jpg
56KB, 431x450px
>>9065248
>Tarkovsky isn't melancholic
>>
>>9065248
Have you seen Ivan's Childhood?
>>
File: 268528_full.jpg (141KB, 1000x788px) Image search: [Google]
268528_full.jpg
141KB, 1000x788px
>>9065252
>>9065255
>>9065261
I feel like his approach is a lot different that what for example Tarr does with films like Damnation and A man from London. He's really religious and the fact that he makes the films is proof that he has hope.
>>
>>9065283
>really religious
>has hope

Sounds like Dostoevsky to me
>>
What about Kurosawa of literature?
>>
Who is the Foster Wallace of literature?
>>
>>9065228
Obviously Dostoevsky.
>>
>>9065228
>famous Russki whose name ends in sky
How much more obvious does it have to be?
>>
>>9065228

It really depends how you want to tacke the subject really... Tarkovsky achieved his art by purely atmospheric content, while the power of Dostoyevsky stands in his almost cruel eloquence.

Zerkalo is one of the most nostalgic pieces of art ever created. A true masterpiece.

Even with a mirror, a man can never truly see himself.

ps: one of the best threads i've seen in a long time
>>
>>9065328
>>9065334
They aren't very similar in formal aspects, though, which is why I also recommended Krasznahorkai. Formally, Tarkovsky is probably even closer to Pushkin. Dostoevsky lacks the heightened poetics.
>>
>>9065348
kek
>>
>>9065334

Sick bars.
>>
>>9065312
tao lin
>>
>>9065228
bernanos
>>
>>9065348
am I too dumb for Zerkalo? The images look stunning, but it feels like a very personal film, like I need to know about Tarkovsky's life to understand it.
>>
>>9069379
watch his films in order. They're all worth it; a lot are masterpieces
>>
>it's impossible to experience melancholy if you have any vestige or glimmer of hope
Sure thing, mate
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.