[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most overrated book?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-02-05.png (896KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-05.png
896KB, 1366x768px
What is the most overrated book?
>>
Either the Bible or the Quran.
>>
File: 2962.jpg (46KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
2962.jpg
46KB, 260x400px
>>
>>9063115
my word. that pic is horrible.
great expectations was great for what it was, a book for a child.

Ann Karenina is the most overrated book in existence.
>>
>>9063123
> my word. that pic is horrible.

How dare you.

This is ART
>>
shitposting is indeed an art form to be appreciated.
>>
>>9063129
oh, you're from the fashion thread eh? nice meta, my man. i suppose the purpose of this piece is to revise the commonstance nomenclature of physiological transcendentalism with a dash of vulture vomit.
>>
File: dumb book.jpg (27KB, 324x500px) Image search: [Google]
dumb book.jpg
27KB, 324x500px
>>9063115
>>
>>9063170
this.
>>
crime and punishment
>>
>>9063194
no. just the epilogue. if he had ended before, it would have been perfect.
>>
>>9063170
Please, someone enlighten me on this ? Looks like everybody's talking about it, but I never heard about it IRL. Is it, like, a best-seller from 3-4 years ago ? Maybe it's not translated yet (frenchfag here) ? I don't get the hype.
>>
>>9063217
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=infinite+jest
>>
>>9063235
>>9063235
Well even the wikipedia page wasn't translated into a lot of languages. How come the book didn't make it to other countries ? Is it fake literature with no style and nothing truly original ? Do dummies in general like this book ? If this book was a singer, who would it be ?
>>
Tastelets ITT
>>
>>9063254
stop trying you fool
>>
>>9063270
OK I'll google the author.
The book was translated into my language a few years ago. Never heard about it. It says it's a masterpiece.
Oh ! the guy hanged himself. Is that the reason why he's praised so much ?
Says there's humor and irony in his books, and a lot of footnotes. Says it describes a sick world.
That's all. Still doesn't tell me much. Was he a genius or an idiot being lucky enough to die young so he quickly becomes a classic ? I still can't tell. I usually don't like people who commit suicide.
>>
I love Great Expectations. It was first book for ages that made me laugh loudly. It's entertainment like video games.
>>
>>9063115
Correct answer is The stranger by Camus.
>>
>>9063279
Have you read a Confederacy of Dunces
>>
>>9063469
No, but what I read on Infinite Jest made me think about it. However most people say that the Confederacy of Dunces is indeed a great book (I kinda trust em even if I haven't opened it), whereas all this mystery on /lit/ about Infinite Jest almost convinces me it's bullshit.
>>
>>9063435
everyone shits on the stranger like catcher in the rye

even though it's legitimately good at the very least in the sense that it's a great stepping stone for just about anyone to get into literature
>>
>>9063485
The Stranger and Catcher in the Rye are only bad because people who want to feel well-read but don't want to read read only those two books. In themselves, they're fine.
>>
>>9063115
the great gatsby
wtf was that?
>>
take the redpill: mein comfy prose book
>>
>>9063115
Wuthering Heights.
>>
>>9063279
you might actually have autism
>>
>>9063719
I wish I had. Things would've gone better with my ex. But you're still not helping much.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.