[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not being important, makes me feel better then others

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Why does everytime I talk about myself I sound pretentious?

How to overcome this?
>>
>>9063065
You're not anyone special, therefore you must understand you are not of importance to anyone. You are just another human being. another ant working for the queen.
Only he with status, power and respect is allowed to look down on others as he has the prerequisities in which he can be considered "better than someone else". It is because you lack these things that you are who you are and you must accept the reality that you truly are;
Nobody special.
>>
File: 1484260901898.gif (288KB, 285x481px) Image search: [Google]
1484260901898.gif
288KB, 285x481px
>>9063065
*than
You are not important, so kill yourself.
Just kidding.

Don't give a damn about anything and you will overcome it.
>>
>>9063079
>prerequisites
please excuse my error.
>>
>>9063065
your significance is irrelevant
zoom out far enough, and you are nothing
zoom in far enough, and you are everything
>>
>>9063079
>Only he with status, power and respect is allowed to look down on others as he has the prerequisities in which he can be considered "better than someone else".

I believe status, power, and respect are worthless. So by virtue of me not having those 3 things I am better then someone who has that, and anyone who has even less status, power, and respect then me is better then me and someone who I look up to.

Can you see my dilemma?

>>9063092
This is a good example. Someone who has realized they are insignificant, is better then someone who thinks they are significant.

How to overcome this reasoning?

You could say that someone who has realized that there is no difference between someone who feels insignificant and someone who feels insignficant is better then both of those.
But then it just becomes a never ending game of outrunning yourself.
How to solve this?
>>
>>9063106
meant to say
[…]there is no difference between someone who feels insignificant and someone who feels signficant […]
>>
Like for example a good qualityto have is being humble.
So when I try to be humble people I automatically become better then others by possesing the virtue of being humble.

This is the paradox I struggle with daily.
>>
>>9063106
>But then it just becomes a never ending game of outrunning yourself.
What's wrong with being in a state of self-overcoming?
>>
>>9063179
Great question. I suppose being nobody there is nobody or no one to overcome in the first place.

Maybe I simply need to overcome or abandon the thought that there is a need to overcome myself?

We're making progress.
>>
>>9063193
You sound like you wonder how many people will be at your funeral and how long your name will be posthumously uttered
>>
>>9063207
That is true more or less.
My main concern is dieing without any regrets.
One regret would be if people tought I was a very selfish person who contributed nothing to society and never helped anyone.

Is this a bad or a good thing?
>>
>>9063240
>My main concern is dieing without any regrets.
how to live a good life
>One regret would be if people tought I was a very selfish person who contributed nothing to society and never helped anyone.
you value your legacy

there are many approaches to this (see: philosophy)

my suggestion:
>establish your values / figure out what you're about
>become a living example of your values
i would argue this is your baseline for a good life. people come and go throughout time, but ideas can be eternal. becoming an example of ideas you value contributes to the growth and survival of those ideas, and may resonate in others if the ideas are good enough
>create something as a lasting expression of those values
>>
>>9063304
This is really good. I guess I should just consider my body and my mind, my life as a servant to ideas that hopefully inspire others to live in accord to those ideas and make future societies better.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.