[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

redpill me on charles dickens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 31-Charles-Dickens-Getty.jpg (291KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
31-Charles-Dickens-Getty.jpg
291KB, 2048x1536px
redpill me on charles dickens
>>
>>9062858

Take the bluepill in this case. He's a very entertaining author with a wonderful prose style and a great imagination for characters and settings. Pretty much every one of his novels is at least very good.

Also don't fall for the "paid by the word" meme. He was paid per installment.
>>
Fuckwick club was quite amusing
>>
>>9062919
yeah, this frustrates me a little. the guy was a genius. though, david copperfield was way too fucking long.
>>
>>9062930
reminded me quite a bit of don quixote
laughed just as much too
>>
At his best, he is perhaps the greatest novelist in our language. At his worst, he's unreadable.
>>
What is /it/'s general consensus on Great Expectations?
>>
>>9063105
>/lit/
>concensus
cmon buddy.
>>
>>9063114
>consensus
excuse me, /lit/.
what is YOUR opinion of Great Expectations?
>>
>>9063124
s'aright. tale of two cities was my favorite of his, that fucking funeral riot was amazing.
>>
File: thereugo.png (48KB, 639x492px) Image search: [Google]
thereugo.png
48KB, 639x492px
>>9063105
i guess u have ur answer
>>
>>9062858
>red pill in dickens

Dude, he hated the government and did a lot to fuck them
>>
>>9062858
Great Expectations is about what happens when Pip (his name is an anagram of "ipp" the chosen one predicted my Miss Havisham) swallows the bitter pill that all reality as he has ever known it was a fiction perpetrated upon him by a criminal underworld known as "the Hulks." Once in the new reality, Pip joins a resistance that hides out deep in the earth in a place called "Barnard's Inn." It's also been prophesied that the leader of this resistance, Joe, will find the ipp, who will (according to prophecy) fall in love with Biddy. But one day when born-and-bread human Matt Pocket sends Pip and the gang into "reality" they are betrayed by the evil Estella. Things continue onward in a lengthy biblical allegory.

The whole thing is really a tiresome metaphor for a tiresome book by a tiresome french philosopher named Jean-Luc Baudrillard who wrote about how someday all reality would be replaced by a series of trite aphorisms shot to strangers over tubes and then cobbled together into resentful "world"-views (Baudrillard, insisted on putting this term "world" under erasure to represent the loss of "world" desu)
>>
>>9062858
> 'Dickens is more representative of the cultural tradition of the west than Plato'. - Rorty
>>
i must've been reading somebody else because i found his prose tedious.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.