[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shakespeare General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (4KB, 198x254px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
4KB, 198x254px
Purpose: celebration and discussion of Shakespeare's writings, promotion of Shakespeare's work on /lit/, in short, Bardolatry

First edition (folio?)
>>
fuck shakespeare
>>
Shakespeare was black
>>
Top 3 favorites go:
>The Tempest
>King Lear
>Midsummer Night's Dream
>>
Read:
R&J
Macbeth
Merchant of Venice
Hamlet
Othello

What should I read next?
>>
>>9062845
Midsummer? Really? I'm sorry, but this seems like a 16 year old's favorite list. Lear is the essential favorite, Tempest is the lol so random pick that everyone goes to when they aren't very familiar with Shakespeare, and Midsummer is probably the one you were assigned in high school.

The Tempest is an inferior retelling of Hamlet that has a happy ending. Yes, it is very interesting that Shakespeare wanted to make such a play, but I think having it on a favorites list is quite questionable. Midsummer on a top 3 shakespeare list is a crime though. Come on man.
>>
>>9063366
>The Tempest is an inferior retelling of Hamlet that has a happy ending

Looks like someone didn't understand The Tempest
>>
>>9063366
wow tell us how you really feel
>>
>>9063410
The Tempest is a retelling of Hamlet that intends to create a more optimistic picture of life. Hamlet was Shakespeare's most well-loved play in his life time, and he intended to recreate it to better reflect his views on life at the end of his career. This assessment is the near-consensus opinion among scholars.
>>
>>9062845
>Henry VI, Part 3
>The Two Gentlemen of Verona
>The Merry Wives of Windsor
>>
>>9063533
>>The Two Gentlemen of Verona
based
>>
>>9063533
>The Merry Wives of Windsor
Can you write us a little essay explaining what you see in this play? I'm genuinely curious, because this seems like a special snowflake pick.
>>
>>9062845

Troilus and Cressida
Hamlet
Merchant of Venice
>>
>>9063531
>The Tempest is a retelling of Hamlet
If that's the case, he did a very good job of hiding it.
>>
>>9063589
Maybe you just haven't yet meditated on Hamlet long enough to begin with/aren't old enough yet. 'Tempest' is basically just 'Hamlet' if Hamlet the Danish prince also had a daughter to have to worry about.
>>
>>9063366
Wow, edgy. Midsummer Night's Dream is a masterpiece and the Tempest is a 10/10 piece of metatheatre.

I don't know any of the scholarship to which you refer here >>9063531 but I'd be happy to hear you point out some parallels instead of sperging out. Who, for example, is Tempest's young Hamlet?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.