[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who am i better off reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: hegelemerson.png (270KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
hegelemerson.png
270KB, 600x600px
who am i better off reading
>>
>>9062675
hegel but you can't go wrong either way.
>>
Yo momma!
>>
Hegel

The Transcendentalists don't really have much to offer.
>>
Hegel so you can learn about the kind of thought that triggered the decline of Western civilization.
>>
>>9062756
This. Plus he's the basis of most important German thinkers: Nietzsche, Marx, Heidegger, etc.
>>
>>9062801
Also, you can read Emerson's essays in your spare time if you want to embark on a dedicated study of Hegel. The same isn't true of the opposite.
>>
>>9062756
bro

hegel is a transcendentalist
>>
>>9062991
I was referring to the American Transcendentalists, the movement Emerson started.
>>
>>9062675
Hegel vs literally who
>>
>>9062675
Emerson. Hegel is a peculiarity at his best, you will spend most of your time and effort trying to understand what he is rambling about instead of pondering his thought. Considering you did fine work studying him, you will then be instructed by him to various and many unnecessary paths to follow. Remember, the community of Hegel cares about having read Hegel much more so than actually practicing philosophy. Emerson, on the other hand, is a class act. To put it simply he just thinks and writes well. His works are always of the finest quality, and his philosophy is always inspiring. I wouldn't name him the best or the greatest in any area, but we should not so liberally use such titles as Hegel's readers are fond to and reserve them for men like Jesus and Socrates instead don't you think?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.