[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On writing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1484785958358.jpg (191KB, 1058x1385px) Image search: [Google]
1484785958358.jpg
191KB, 1058x1385px
Are books on how to write worth reading, or should you just start writing?
>>
>>9060407
if you are thinking about writing, why aren't you doing it already? there is no secret to writing. the only thing that helps you is experience. so write, write, write!

also, yes, read books on writing. they'll help you understand the craft.
>>
>>9060407
Just read a lot novels and try to figure out how they work. The lessons you learn yourself are more valuable than the ones others teach you
>>
There's no definitive method of writing, nor a definitive way of teaching it. Read a lot, write a lot. It's all about study and practice.
>>
>>9060446
This, i don't know much about writing but it's the same with music, you learn to make good music by listening to a lot of good music, not by reading about it

Who the hell write these books on how to write anyway ? How do they know, did they ever write anything good ?
>>
>>9060407
That's Jason Segal's face shopped on DFW face right?
>>
>>9062324

Yeah pretty funny hey
>>
>>9060958
Well, Stephan King wrote one, that OP reference

And I think we can all agree that people like his writing, so he's doing quite a few things right.
>>
Both, like any craft, to be creative and express yourself is a personal journey. But it helps to have some guidance to flatten the learning curve.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.