[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started with the Greeks and now working on my Latin :)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Heroes of Olympus.jpg (221KB, 1600x476px) Image search: [Google]
Heroes of Olympus.jpg
221KB, 1600x476px
I started with the Greeks and now working on my Latin :)
>>
>>9056981
Those books were great tho lowkey
>>
>>9057354
I never read them, only the first series. Were they as good?
>>
>>9057362
I stopped midway through Athena but they're still bretty gud for kids books, Rick Riordan was a pretty decent author and to my memory avoided a lot of the "stretch his legs" type problems people have with Rowling. I may be wrong though it's been a coons age since I read those books. I remember kinda not liking how as the books progressed everything became more played straight, so now instead of the Golden Fleece being like a jacket or something they'd just play it straight, that kinda stuff, but overall it was a decent children's book.
Shit now I want to read them all again.
>>
>>9057370
The originals were pretty damn entertaining. Like Shonen manga.

>that movie tho
>>
>>9057377
>watched the movie first
>loved it because I was a dumb kid
>read books
>love them
>rewatch movie
>it's literal garbage
Yikes
>>
>>9057385
It really is terrible. Heard the sequel was even worse. Fitting since the second book was always my least favorite.
>>
>>9056981
The original Lightning Thief series was fucking cool, and Riordan was really good at creating an atmosphere a kid would understand. I'd rather my kids read his books than any of J. K. Rowling's stuff.
>>
>>9057754
Harry Potter is very good children's fantasy tho.
>>
>>9057758
>Ron ejaculated
Taken right from the book my friend
>>
The first series was good but Heroes of olympus was shit. Half the characters were mirror images of each other. It was one huge circlejerk.
>>
>>9057766
I'm paraphrasing, but "Ron... ate... Johnson... and... swallowed... the... load."
>>
I don't resent Riordan as much as the average YA fantasy author. He seems pretty down to earth and is just writing about something he enjoys.
>>
>>9058224
Not anymore, he went full-on libtard.
He made a new series about the Norse Gods (Magnus Chase and the gods of Asgard).
The first book had a Muslim character (I didn't really give a shit), but the second book introduces a "transgender genderfluid" with dyed hair.
First, gay Nico, then the Muslim, then the fucking special snowflake.
>>
>>9058325
>gay Nico
whaaat
>>
File: dmxufRn.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dmxufRn.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>9058328
Problem?
>>
>>9057370
are you me? i stopped in the middle of athen a as well. honestly, i think i kind of liked the heros of olympus series more. the characters were better.
but im way too old to read them now.
>>
>>9056981
Kek

Tbh Percy Jackson is good for YA. A step above Harry Potter, which is the standard for passable.

If you want to make a troll thread, make it a little more outrageous than this. Everybody here will just shrug and hope family members read it in middle school. At the very least, it might help them /startwiththegreeks/
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.