[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Literature that made you rethink your life philosophy, doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: theinferno.jpg (121KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
theinferno.jpg
121KB, 500x323px
Literature that made you rethink your life philosophy, doesn't matter if you acted on it -- what matters is that it prompted you to think about your life, the after life or anything in between.

Whats her name /lit?

I grew up in a christian household. I knew all about what Dante was discussing. My dad was catholic and my mom was christian. Hell was never a topic that was taboo. They instilled in us a sense that if we were not to build good habits early in life then we'd be destined to a life of sinning. By that I mean, sinning without trying to become better -- sinning because we want to and not trying to live for something bigger in life.

I never really thought about it much until I hit college. I never realized how quickly life do a 180 turn. It was a shock. I read this and I started to make a bit of an effort again, step by step, not much, but it's enough for me to post this.
>>
Shame on me, but during a rather long period of dicking around in airports I became very convinced of gnosticism after reading VALIS.

That wore off after finally getting some sleep, but it did put the final nail in the coffin for my anti-theist stance.
>>
>>9050834
Starship Troopers.

Not because of the philosophy itself (spoiler: its fascist garbage), but that's the book that got me back into reading after a long hiatus in high school and the first few years of college. Once I started to read again, my life started to change.

Mostly by making me more unhappy but self-aware. But hey, at least I stopped being a philosophical zombie.
>>
>>9050834
crime and punishment is the only acceptable answer
>>
Gravity's Rainbow made me a leftist for about a year
>>
>>9051569
desu it was the the TBK
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.