[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worst Poet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: ActivateAlmonds.png (61KB, 890x208px) Image search: [Google]
ActivateAlmonds.png
61KB, 890x208px
Who is the worst poet?
>>
>>9050833
wow this guy sucks
>>
Probably me when I was 14 desu
>>
>>9050833
Tragedy is the worst poem ever
Plop into the river drop
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McGonagall
>>
>>9050879
>"His audiences threw rotten fish at him, the authorities banned his performances, and he died a pauper over a century ago. But his books remain in print to this day, and he’s remembered and quoted long after more talented contemporaries have been forgotten."

~http://www.mcgonagall-online.org.uk/

L O L
>>
>>9050900
>Before he showed an interest in poetry, he displayed a keenness for acting, though Mr Giles' Theatre, where he performed, let him play the title role in Macbeth only if he paid for the privilege. The theatre was filled with his friends and fellow workers, anxious to see what they expected to be an amusing disaster. The play should have ended with Macbeth's death, but McGonagall believed the actor playing Macduff was trying to upstage him, and refused to die
>>
>>9050900
Oh yes, I remember discovering that dude back when I was 16. Probably the first time I laughed at cringeworthy literature

>‘You can use it with great pleasure and ease
>Without wasting any elbow grease
>And when washing the most dirty clothes
>The sweat won’t be dripping from your nose…
>And I tell you once again without any joke
>There’s no soap can surpass Sunlight Soap.’

10/10/10/10/10
>>
>>9050833
that's the problem with poetry to me. i have no idea who the worst one is because other than a few "classical" poets it all pretty much reads the same.

i picked up one of the "best of" compilations a year or so ago and every single poem could either have been written by an edgy high schooler or it could have been published in the paris review. i couldn't tell. and when you can't discern quality anymore the art form is dead.
>>
>>9050879

Thank you so much for this portal into absolute fucking wonder. He's definitely /ourguy/.
>>
>>9050879
>Scholars argue that his inappropriate rhythms, weak vocabulary, and ill-advised imagery combine to make his work amongst the most unintentionally amusing dramatic poetry in the English language.
Fucking Kek
>>
File: alan_partridge.jpg (394KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
alan_partridge.jpg
394KB, 2048x1536px
>>9051078
>i picked up one of the "best of" compilations a year or so ago and every single poem could either have been written by an edgy high schooler or it could have been published in the paris review. i couldn't tell. and when you can't discern quality anymore the art form is dead.

tl;dr - I can't tell a good poem from a bad one, therefore it's all shit.
>>
>>9051109
it definitely is all shit ***to me***. and why would i care how poetry sounds to somebody else but me? i'm the one reading it aren't i.

maybe if i got indoctrinated by entrenched academics who have a vested interest in making poetry seem like something greater than it actually is i would feel differently. luckily, i studied STEM.
>>
>>9051115
Ok that's it guys, pack it in. Anon doesn't like poetry so it must be a dead art form.
It was a good run.
>>
>>9050977
I like how at the end he just stops giving a shit and tries to rhyme "joke" with "soap"

Bless him
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.