[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Man becomes, as it were, the sex organs of the machine world,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

>Man becomes, as it were, the sex organs of the machine world, as the bee of the plant world, enabling it to fecundate and to evolve ever new forms. The machine world reciprocates man's love by expediting his wishes and desires, namely, in providing him with wealth.

>When the evolutionary process shifts from biology to software technology the body becomes the old hardware environment. The human body is now a probe, a laboratory for experiments.

>In the electric age, when our central nervous system is technologically extended to involve us in the whole of mankind and to incorporate the whole of mankind in us, we necessarily participate, in depth, in the consequences of our every action. It is no longer possible to adopt the aloof and dissociated role of the literate Westerner.

Remove the Marx, Deleuze, cosmic horror and drugs, and Marshall McLuhan sounds a lot like Nick Land.
>>
File: 2561532.jpg (50KB, 647x389px)
2561532.jpg
50KB, 647x389px
Also, that picture sucks. Here's a better one.

I kind of wish McLuhan had been able to see the rise of video games too.
>>
You have to remember he was a catholic, and saw it as such, that you have to experience god, beyond the limits of the intellect. I ascribe him a sort of bardic position: 'illustrating of the socratean irony' #marsha
>>
>>9049499
Sounds about right to me. I have no problem with Catholics. They sound better and better all the time.

I don't know what your second sentence means, though.
>>
>>9049550
'socratean irony' = 'the sole thing i truely hold as knowledge is my knowing nothing.'=puts experience above intellect (nietzsche then goes beyond even that, etc... .)
>>
File: alexjones.png (230KB, 635x607px) Image search: [Google]
alexjones.png
230KB, 635x607px
>>9049476

>mfw the seeding of the memeverse by the Rogan/Jones interview will echo into the escheton
>>
>>9049629
Cool, thanks.
>>
>>9049635
That's too funny and apropos as fuck. I'm listening to that podcast right now. It's making me an Alex Jones fan.

Why make sense? Heroically insane conspiracy theorists are like rare and beautiful birds. And holy shit, he's only 43? Oh my god.
>>
>>9049647
Link?
>>
>>9050765
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPCp8SPfOM

Enjoy.
>>
File: think about it.jpg (89KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
think about it.jpg
89KB, 700x700px
>Perhaps the world has been given to us as an anti-environment to make us aware of [God's] word.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.