[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is reading too much Poetry a bad thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 4.jpg (19KB, 172x303px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
19KB, 172x303px
Is reading too much Poetry a bad thing?
>>
File: 1454882488837.png (457KB, 832x624px)
1454882488837.png
457KB, 832x624px
probably not, reading too much of anything might make you delusional though
>>
>>9047877
What about if the amount of poetry you read outweighs the amount of fiction and non- fiction you read?
>>
"Too much" is a negative valuation. Your question is pointless.
>>
>>9047886
What I mean is, What if the amount of poetry you read heavily outweighs how much you read that isn't poetry? Would that be dangerous?
>>
>>9047890
Reading anything in any amount is not in any way dangerous. Your question is retarded.
>>
>>9047910
So it wouldn't be dangerous for someone to read just poetry and nothing else?
>>
>>9047910
what if you read so much poetry at once you die of thirst?
>>
>>9047913
At one point in time, every story was written in verse.
>>
>>9047972
But now that they no longer are, is it dangerous to choose poetry?
>>
>>9047984
No..
>>
>>9047991
'kay.
>>
Yes op, it is dangerous, you'll go crazy like Torquato Tasso or someshit
>>
there is not a lot of truly great, nourishing poetry out there, so if you are reading a ton of poetry, chances are you are reading some mediocre shit that is probably not gonna edify you in any way.

reading too much poetry is not "dangerous" in any kind of dire sense. But if you want to be a more well rounded reader and thinker, you gotta balance that shit out. Poetry is only one mode of thought. An important one, but not the only one.
>>
well, poetry dosent relay teach you anything, it's just not a very good medium for that. so unless you are reading prose poetry (i think thats the name)the most you will get are general witticism and aphorisms.

Hamlet, for example, wont teach you psychoanalysis but rather how small a man can be. poetry usually tells you more about the poets relation to you then about the world.

so yeah read other stuff aswell.
>>
>>9047984

Why are you so stoopid?
>>
don't engage in it as if you would read dense prose. i often pace how many poems i would read at a time so it doesnt get washed out by other things. its like examining a real painting versus browsing memes. im not comparing poems to memes but you know what i mean.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.