[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i come up with a unique plot for ya? it has all been done

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 8e8.png (8KB, 509x619px) Image search: [Google]
8e8.png
8KB, 509x619px
how do i come up with a unique plot for ya? it has all been done
>>
>>9047251
Don't. Just rehash some great piece of literature and set it somewhere else. What are you, some kind of amateur?
>>
File: frog popcorn.gif (3MB, 500x500px)
frog popcorn.gif
3MB, 500x500px
Write a book about a frog who goes from happy, to sad, and then back to happy and smug
>>
>>9047251
>take a deck of cards
>write a stock YA character/trope/setting on each in black marker
>shuffle deck, draw 4-5 cards
>using your creativity, think of a plot that would link these components
>>
>>9047251
> it has all been done
Don't make excuses for your lack of talent. This is how you know you are not worth a penny as a writer. Just stop.

Also
> Reading for the plot

Oh my ...
>>
>>9047300
lol
look at the popular books
none of the authors have a talent
it's luck
>>
>>9047251
go outside and leave the basement, soon you'll have something to write about.

Go do some crazy shit anon
>>
>>9047251
ITT OP was never a child, and never had the fears, worry, recklessness, regret, joy, or freedom of childhood.
>>
>>9047301
>Popular books
That's the problem.
>>
Funny how uncreative douchesucks constantly say how everything has been done, yet new books with totally new plots come out every damn day.
>>
>>9047251
>unique plot
>YA
You're missing a crucial component of YA fiction op.
>>
stop trying to be so sane

we're dying out here

write something ridiculous
>>
Take all the cool genre fiction stuff that has been ignored or not received much recognition in YA. Death cults, lovecraftian horrors, cyberpunk(not the dystopian shit). Do your research on it, include three people with varying personalities, make at least two of them have chemistry.

Congratulations, you have published a young adult novel and can still sleep at night.
>>
>>9047251
Try and make a YA about what it's like to work for the villian? Not just be vague rebellion vs vague dictatorship, maybe make a world that examines how dictators come to power, the history that creates them or even why such totalitarianism can seem so appealing to people?
Like, let me pull something out of my ass
Maybe this dictatorship came to power from a rebellion fighting against a bigger empire that kept trying to absorb this smaller country, thus forming hyper-nationalism, cults of personality, etc
There's nothing new under the sun but you can't give something a new spin, see The Last Ringbearer
Just do something
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.