[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Forgotten Realms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: drizzt_by_rheann-d4n3pt2.jpg (103KB, 1024x724px) Image search: [Google]
drizzt_by_rheann-d4n3pt2.jpg
103KB, 1024x724px
Are the Drizzt books worth reading?
>>
If you are 12
>>
>>9045235
This. If you are 10-14, big yes. If you are 18+, big no. Between those ages I'm not sure.
>>
>>9045243
And personally, I wish I could momentarily regress to a mental 12 year old to enjoy the Drizzt books again.
>>
kinda but approach them as children's books, because they're harry potter-tier

I found the stories to be quite engaging and easy to read, and salvatore is pretty good with writing archetypes

his combat pages are tiresome though, and after a while I just realized I could skip reading most of them without missing much. Start with Icewind Dale
>>
>>9045243
Depends on the person.
Great majority of /lit; stopped with vidya and genre fiction at about 20.
I stopped at 15.
Some stop earlier, or don't get into those at all.
>>
>>9045159

If you're going to read them at all, only read The Dark Elf Trilogy. And since you made this thread, you are probably enough of a plebeian autistic neckbeard to enjoy them.

Icewind Dale is just boring, and everything after that is fucking awful even for fantasyfags.
>>
>>9045257
>only read dark elf trilogy
>the worst of them all

shit taste
>>
>>9045159
>>>/sffg/
>>
>>9045257
>a plebeian autistic neckbeard
and you're probably a sexist racist homophobic shitlord
>>
>pale skinned redhead chooses subversive dark elf over blonde traditionalist barbarian

it keeps happening
>>
>>9045243
>>9045248
>>9045255
Ages and your personal sense of social status doesn't really say anything about the books.
>>
I remember reading something about 'omnivore theory' where a bunch of half assed fantasy books get pumped out into the market for specific teen crowds which get periodically replaced, are Salvatore's books a part of that trend?
>>
>>9045159
I lurk on /lit/ on occasion, and the level of autism of these wanna be intellectuals always astounds me. Drizz't novels are like block buster action flicks, don't expect deep life changing material just popcorn friendly fun. Most of /lit/ reminds me of the types that sit through pointless art house films and ramble on about the color of some trivial Bullshit in the background of one scene as though it was the whole point of the pointless waste of celluloid. Goddamn, read a book to read the book. Bickering about genre fiction vs real literature and circle jerking over paper vs ebook makes you seem like neckbeards with books on your heads instead of fedoras...
>>
>>9045288
But if you come to a board to talk about books you can say something. I read the first drizzt at 22 and can't imagine ever picking up another. It was cheap fantasy at it's worst,
>>
>>9046221
This

I feel like a lot of people here have either thrown this away or forgotten it
>>
>>9045159
a bit dull but you could do worse

I hate drizzt himself though
>>
>>9045159
>>>9045159
>a bit dull but you could do worse
>
>I hate drizzt himself though
Jarlaxle and Entreri are definitely his better characters
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.