[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does this mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170131_210034.jpg (163KB, 1405x903px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_210034.jpg
163KB, 1405x903px
Hey, bought a new hardback recently and saw this symbol on the back. What does it mean? I've reverse searched and come up with nothing?
>>
It means that Dear in the area will "turn up" without warning.
>>
It means rocket might fly to doggo in the west
>>
looks like a shaved anteater and a volume icon OP
I got curious but I gave up, even if you gave details I think the best thing would to look up the publisher and try to see if that's a common thing. My best guess would be that it's signaling there's an audio version of the book but who the fuck knows.
>>
>>9044824

>doesn't say which book it is

This is how I know you're memeing us.
>>
>>9044824
Sound may disturb dogs/animals, probably because of high frequencies.
Objectively the only interpretation you are all retarded
>>
>>9044894
>book
>sound
>>
>>9044824
Illuminati hieroglyphics for Sirius (wisdom of the initiated, Dogstar) is getting "louder" (more prominent and powerful).
>>
Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys
>>
>>9044824
The book doubles as a dog whistle. Try pressing the button and see for yourself.
>>
I would guess audio speed. The dog would represent speed, and the speaker symbol sound/audio.
>>
File: IMG_20170131_214707094.jpg (4MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170131_214707094.jpg
4MB, 3006x5344px
OP here - didn't post the book as was embarrassed - it's Thin Air by Michelle Paver. I picked up to take to Iceland as a ghost story after enjoying Dark Matter a few years ago, but it's pretty terrible. Have never seen the symbol before.

>>9044911

... I think it's broken....
>>
>>9044974
>Orion Books
>In Homer's Iliad Orion is described as a constellation, and the star Sirius is mentioned as his dog.[3]
>picture of dog
>..."This would mean that it was viewed as a source of intellectual light to the ancients. This explains the association Sirius has had with various myths of a great teacher of the sciences such as the Nommo and Thoth. Today, that association dwells within Freemasonry, in which the “Blazing Star” symbolizes Sirius and bears association to the grand architect of the universe which, according to Freemasonry, gifted the sciences."
O C C U L T
C
C
U
L
T
>>
>>9044835
lmao fpbp
>>
>>9044906
>>9045000
If you go to Orion publishing's twitter https://twitter.com/orionbooks you can see that the dog portrayed there is their logo. As pointed out here, the dog would seem to represent Sirius (the Dogstar, which, in the occult & Masonic tradition, represents wisdom, initiation).

In the logo, you can also see three 8-pointed stars, a reference the 8-pointed star of Ishtar, fertility goddess who later metamorphosed into Venus, representing the sacred feminine principle & the sex magic/ritual prostitution They are known for. Three is of course also a very potent occult number, representing the trinity, found in all religions from Hinduism to Christianity.

According to Wikipedia, Orion Books apparently also owns the Millennium publishing company ("Millennium" of course referring to Their mystical veneration of the fact that we have entered a new millennium, and hopefully (soon) a Golden Age that is to start with that millennium, headed by Them) and Phoenix Books, the phoenix of course being a very charged occult symbol, representing regeneration through flames/tribulation/death (as the world, supposedly, will be reborn by them taking over, and as the initiate must personally be reborn --- going through the metaphorical "fire" of Their terrifying and debauched initiation rituals).

If you go a little down, you can also see a little promo for a certain "The Time To Kill" (Monarch mind-control trigger?) by a certain "Mason Cross", obviously a pseudonym, referring simultaneously to the Masons, the cross of Christianity, and the traditional intelligence-agency usage of the word "cross" (i.e. double cross, or in this case, mason cross --- showing you that this is a "cross" (trick, betrayal) performed by the Masons)
>>
>>9044824
>>9044835
>>9044862
>>9044875
>>9044885
>>9044894
>>9044900
>>9044906
>>9044908
>>9044911
>>9044927
>>9044974
>>9045000
>>9045002
>>9045033
I dont know if you are all meming or if you legit dont understand that it means there is an audiobook version available.
>>
>>9045063

Where do you push on the book?
>>
>>9045083
The book itself tells the tale that there is, if you look based upon these vague symbols, that you will find volume of Sirius itself howling the book's words in your ears.
Personally, I found it a bit trite.
>>
>>9045187
It's not like anybody is setting out to make a novel audio-book logo.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.