[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a good place to start?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: litbooklist.jpg (1MB, 1820x4348px) Image search: [Google]
litbooklist.jpg
1MB, 1820x4348px
Is this a good place to start?
>>
No
95% of those are useless pseud books, also:
>Bible isn't no.1
>>
>>9044595
That list is the result of a poll of every anon (including posturing pseuds) who sees that thread and didnt say "oh this will be posted on imgur" listing their top 3, and then having some autistic anon collate said results into a meme list.

No joke. Go to goodreads, give over the top ratings to books you enjoy regardless of whether you think they are "great", and use their recommendation engine. It actually works, especially for novice readers of literary fiction.
>>
>>9044595
a) At the beginning
b) Start with the Greeks

In all seriousness, read the shortest ones first, so that you can build some momentum. Personally I recommend The Stranger for a first book.
>>
>>9044602
Whats a good chart then
>>
>>9044602
Most of the OT is tripe. However, the New Testament should be mandatory reading in all western countries. There's no excuse to not read the NT and if you don't, you will cripple your understanding of all western literature.
>>
>>9044606
That chart is fine. There are very few books on this list that I'd consider absolute trash and not worth reading at all.
>>
>>9044595
Start with the Iliad.
>>
I started with Iliad and now I'm hooked on greek plays desu

The greeks knew their shit
>>
>>9044595
if you actually want to follow some reading plan/chart, follow harold bloom's western cannon, it is a good list. read all the way up to the romans, read the bible and then read whatever the fuck you want
>>
>>9044659
Harvard Classics and Modern Library Top 100 is pretty good too.
>>
>>9044595
Put Hopscotch higher on the list. Shit is dope.
>>
>>9044611
I wouldn't in any way say tripe. Yes, it has some scholar shit like genealogy trees and 'how to sacrifice animals for beginners', but it also has a lot of mandatory reading. One cannot say he is """""lit""""" without having read AT LEAST Genesis, Exodus, Job and Psalms, which is lit as fuck.
>>
>>9044675
Rayuela, si puedes leerlo en espaƱol.
>>
>>9044611
isn't three of the gospels pretty much identical?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.