[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is better 1984 or Brave New World?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

What is better 1984 or Brave New World?
>>
Rundown on these guys?
>>
>>9044090
bogda
>>
>>9044094
bogdanov
>>
>>9044067
Hard to say, they're both pretty good. BNW is probably a bit more dystopian, as it involves genetics.
Both great though.
Now, can I get a quick rundown on these two?
>>
>>9044101
How is it dystopian, if 99,9% of the population is happy?
>>
>>9044067
1984 is much more engaging from a pure aesthetic standpoint. Some people think that Brave New World is more 'accurate', but those people aren't aware of how succinctly Orwell was able to describe 20th century totalitarianism.
>>
>>9044067
Brave New World until Trump won. 1984 now. Before you say that the question was "which is better," not "which is more relevant," I believe that a book's quality is entirely dependent on the context in which it is read. No such thing as intrinsic quality.
>>
>1984 and BNW were always contrasted as 2 different ways the future could go
>mfw 1984 and BNW are happening at the same time
>>
>>9044067
Huxley was a pedo
>>
>>9044109
This. To people living in North Korea 1984 was a prophecy
>>
1984 is a better book but that's mainly because of the love story. I would say Brave New World is more relevant to our current time period because the conspiracy is more subversive in Brave New World. I recommend Brave New World if your stuck between the too.
>>
>>9044102
They are slaves to Soma. Ask any drug addict, he feels good when high. He isn't what I'd call happy.
>>
File: snowden.jpg (69KB, 1158x708px) Image search: [Google]
snowden.jpg
69KB, 1158x708px
>>9044106
>No such thing as intrinsic quality.
*tips fedora*
>>9044115
>implying only to people in best korea
You are pretty unaware of reality, aren't you?
>>
>>9044067
We by Yevgeny Zamyatin.
>>
>>9044192
terrible meme
>>
>>9044067
1984 is a better book to read, but Brave New World is more a more incisive commentary, although both are enjoyable and incisive.
>>
File: Erotic,isntit.png (248KB, 1366x584px) Image search: [Google]
Erotic,isntit.png
248KB, 1366x584px
>>9044071
>>9044101
Did you ever hear the quick rundown of Igor Bogdanoff, the wise?
I thought not. It's not a story the leftists would tell you. Its an alt-right legend.
Igor Bogdanoff was a Dark Lord of the French, so powerful and so wise he could use his conections to influence the geo-political climate to create prosperity...
He had such a knowledge of world politics that he could even save entire continents he cared about, with a single phonecall.
He became so powerful... the only thing he was afraid of was losing his conection to aliens/interdimensional entities, which eventually, he might.
Unfortunatyl, he taught his brother Grichka everything he know, then his brother turned off his cellphone service.
It's ironic, he could save Europe from death, but not himself.
>>
File: bog.jpg (75KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
bog.jpg
75KB, 720x540px
The reason they look so weird is because what you are seeing is a quick approximation of their 3d form, they do not exist in 3 dimensions, (hypothesised to exist as at least 12-dimensional beings) - The large chins for instance are due to rounding errors in the universe due to so many conversions down from 12 to 11 to 10 etc down to 3 dimensions
>>
>>9044192
quite literaturelly this
>>
could someone give me the biography of these guys?
>>
>>9044166
But there isn't. Books aren't alive or magic, they can't interpret themselves.
>>
>>9044067
Quick Question. Years ago (somewhere between 2010 to 2013) these guys were a popular meme. What did they do to make them gain meme fame again?
>>
>>9045139
Would you like a quick rundown?
>>
>>9045149
No. Just why they are popular again. Don't need the history.
>>
>>9044067

1984 is relatively optimistic in comparison to BNW. At least in 1984, you have an oppressive, totalitarian goverment that you can at least identify as the oppressor, and a group of people who are obviously oppressed. In BNW, nobody has to worry, because life is so pleasant and devoid of pain. Even if you are part of a lower working class, you've been genetically engineered to prefer your lot in life. The "bad guy" is the selfish asshole who attempts to resist and threatens utopia for everyone else.
>>
1984 s redditcore
BNW is tumblrcore
We is the patrician's choice
>>
File: Moscow_2042_book_cover.jpg (22KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
Moscow_2042_book_cover.jpg
22KB, 220x325px
>>9045206
>not this
It's pretty much a shitpost in book form.
>>
>>9045139
Their level of notoriety used to rise whenever they brought a lawsuit against someone calling them hacks. Also when they did their faces. Not sure what happened just now.
>>
>>9044067
Take the Bog pill.
>>
>>9044102
It's only the illusion of happiness, they're just distracted by fancy things and sedated by drugs. There's no depth to what they think is happiness, which most people agree is the whole message of the book.
>>
>>9044103
Not only was it a succinct description of totalitarianism, it's also an engaging, interesting novel that rewards multiple readings.

And it's sexier, too.
>>
where's the fucking rundown?
>>
>>9045859
some french tv hosts had lots of plastic surgery and now it's a forced meme
>>
>>9045139
A team of dedicated shitposters forced this meme as a way to carry actual redpills while avoiding censorship/hate speech label/tinfoil label. It's memetic bomb hidden in a cloak of absurdism.
>>
>>9046110

Boglike post

likely to accelerate our progress toward a new age of wisdom, peace, and love
>>
>>9044067
What... uh... what happened to their faces?
>>
the twins that saved europe
>>
Now I see... so being rundown proof is the true power of /lit/...
>>
bogda boiz, who out here?
>>
>>9044106
how embarassing.
>>
When did this meme appear?
>>
Both are based on 'We' Yevgeny Zamyatin
>>
File: BOG?.jpg (1MB, 2480x2458px) Image search: [Google]
BOG?.jpg
1MB, 2480x2458px
Bog?
>>
>>9044067
The Glass Bees
>>
IF I SEE THIS THREAD EVER AGAIN IM GONNA SCREAM! I SWEAR TO YOU! DONT PISS ME OFF!
>>
fuk ths thread
>>
>>9044106
>trying this hard for (You)s
Well, congratulations on managing to get three replies. Cherish them, for they are all you'll be able to garner with your insane notion that books lack quality without context. Your worthless opinion should be tossed straight back to where it belongs: a trash heap.
>>
>>9044067
books that arent genre fiction
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.