[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

eReaders - are they worth it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ereaders-1.jpg (103KB, 750x425px) Image search: [Google]
ereaders-1.jpg
103KB, 750x425px
Are they cheaper in the long run than buying physical books? Do you have a preferred model? Tell me your thoughts on eReaders /lit/
>>
I have a older Kindle with the keyboard I got years ago. It's pretty nice, the eink display is basically the same as reading paper.

Primary drawbacks I'd note: Inconsistent formatting on some books (ie, layout, footnotes), poor support for images in books (ie, if you're buying a book on military history with a lot of maps in it, get the print version), poor PDF support, sorting tools leave a lot to be desired.

Mainly I'd recommend one if you read a lot of fiction, because you won't have to deal with tons of paperbacks.
>>
>>9042360
They do eventually cover the cost of physical books. Get Kobo, Kindle is a scam.
>>
File: 1482101744309.jpg (9KB, 199x250px) Image search: [Google]
1482101744309.jpg
9KB, 199x250px
>>9042360
I got one, now everyone wants a piece of me.
with a 300ppi resolution, the Kindle Paperwhite is a no-brainer purchase for the avid book reader.
>>
>>9042360
YES
>>
>>9042360
Probably cheaper.

I have an old Kindle 4, i think. Works really well. I stood on it and broke it, so i bought another. Had to do 4 updates to get it to connect to amazon tho. No big deal.

It's only worth it if you use it. I don't find much of a difference between physical and ebooks. A kindle is great if you read multiple things at once.

It's also great if you don't want some (other) pretentious cocksucker coming up and dropping sick memes all over you when he see's you reading Timothy Pinchon.
>>
>>9042360
Well you can pirate stuff, so there's your answer. It can be difficult to find anything beyond the classics and recent popular stuff though.

Reading from paper is still preferable though imo.
>>
>>9043405
>It can be difficult to find anything beyond the classics and recent popular stuff though.
not if you know where to look.
>>
have a kindle (cheapest one) and like it. there are some books that i do not want to have physical copies of. i've moved across continents 5 times in the last 3 years with at least 2 more moves coming up in the next year. when i read for pleasure and not school, i really don't give a shit about hanging onto it.
>>
WE
HAVE
THIS THREAD
EVERY
DAY
>>
>>9043430
WHAT
IS
A
FILTER?
>>
>>9043409
And where do you look?
>>
>>9044513
libgen.io
>>
>>9044513
Mobilism and Soulseek
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.