[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Share your most contrarian literary opinions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1804.jpg (24KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1804.jpg
24KB, 228x221px
Share your most contrarian literary opinions
>>
Homer is overrated
Science fiction can have lots of signifigant literary merit.
There are lots of obscure writers out there that might be better than many lit-tier authors but will never be discovered cause everyone is such a fag and is afraid of going out their pre constructed backlog
>>
>>9042275
I am quite triggered
>>
/lit/ is absolute garbage full of memes, shitposting, and circlejerking about how smart they are for reading books
There's almost no discussion with any substance or value

And most of the posters don't seem particularly smart, more so just really excited about being a little smarter than average. Kinda embarrassing desu
>>
>>9042296
I don't get people like you. This is 4chan, not a university. You come here for shit and memes, not discussion.
>>
>>9042296
I'd say most people here would agree with that though
>>
>>9042302

not who you responded to but that's not why i come here.
>>
>>9042329
What're you doing here then? There's just an ocean of nonsense you have to wade through here to find anything of value. There's better ways to engage with others about literature.
>>
>>9042343
Name them
>>
literary analysis tends to be useless wankery tha demeans the value of the original work and I'm amazed it's even considered a profession at all
>>
>>9042347
r/books
>>
>>9042347
Engage with writers you respect in the real world. Critique each other and grow.
>>
>>9042296
Literally none of that is a bad thing
>>
Ayn Rand's philosophy is shit but the chapter "The Moratorium on Brains" in Atlast Shrugged is one of the best chapters ever written. It's the one where people keep passing responsibility down the chain and the train blows up
>>
>>9042296
>comes to 4cuck expecting serious discussion

Get a load of this faggot, everyone.
>>
I have the most contrarian opinion possible because by nature I reject anything I think because I'm the one who thought it. It must be a shit idea if I'm the one who thought of it.

Ergo, the people I think have valuable opinions are all very respected and dead and if someone isn't dead I immediately want to question the value of their work.
The instant they die, the more suffering they endured raises the value of their work in my eyes.

If someone claims something is good or bad, I will disagree with them immediately and argue the position that isn't theirs because I've already decided that they are shit because they post here.

My dream is to one day be the guy who passes judgement and gets to tell everyone else the smart things so that all the other people who thought the same way I do now admire me like I admire the dead people.
>>
>>9042377
This
>>
>>9042350
Not who you were replying to, but that place is just a circlejerk for Vonnegut and Hemingway.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.