[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys hate this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Mg7TpOaw.jpg (24KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Mg7TpOaw.jpg
24KB, 512x512px
Why do you guys hate this?
>>
too popular desu
>>
/lit/ hates it because they're hipsters who hate any popular literature, they think if they shun what the proles like it necessarily puts them above them
>>
>>9041653
Because it's fantasy-pulp-by-numbers. It's been done a thousand times before, and usually better. And because the author has no discernible writing style.

Protip: don't come here hoping to validate your taste for trash.
>>
Reminder that the TV ending will be the only ending.
>>
>>9041653
I don't hate it, it's just poorly written. A lot of modern commercial fiction writers get educated in the Stephen King school of literature and end up producing glorified screenplays with sitcom banter, autistic attention to irrelevant details ("worldbuilding"), no aesthetic skill, and edgy violence for the sake of edgy violence. It belongs on a television screen
>>
>>9041653
I don't hate it, I just think it's worth all the hype. The only interesting parts are when someone dies, to me that's an easy and cheap way to create emotion.
>>
>>9041683
t. Harold Bloom
>>
>>9041653
Because we didn't write it.
>>
>>9041683
Is Stephen King the worst thing to happen to literature?
>>
>>9041683
This.

GRRM isn't particularly creative and his writing style leaves a lot to be desired
>>
>>9041665
What's wrong with that?
>>
File: GRRM.jpg (52KB, 810x510px) Image search: [Google]
GRRM.jpg
52KB, 810x510px
>>9041679
is that a threat faggot?
>>
>>9041653
Why do I have to defend myself for not liking something that's popular? Why are you immediately suspicious and assume that I'm a contrarian?
>>
>>9041653
I don't hate it. Just never been into reading full series. I enjoy the show, though I find it to be a bit too excessive sometimes.
>>
>>9042056
>sometimes too excessive
This is the problem with the books too. GRRM doesn't know how to stop imho. The first book alone has 5 major plots in it
>Ned investigating the hand's death
>Jon joining the nights watch
>Tyrion's adventure
>Rob at war woth Tywin
>Dany with the dothraki
each probably could have been it's own novel if he wanted to, but the way it is, each subplot leaves you wanting more while also feeling exhausted.
>>
If you dislike GoT but recommend Malazan you're a subhuman.
>>
sci-fi/fantasy is the eternal domain of chronic lame normie pseuds--pathologically desensitized to the magic and beauty and meaning that can be found everyday in the mundane, they cannot evoke human reactions normally so they make up for their lack of imagination by OVERimagining, creating large fake worlds fake name fake races orcs dragons voldemort and other stupid dumb shit which then other pseuds mistake for actual content
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.