[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: divine ladder.jpg (979KB, 1480x2119px) Image search: [Google]
divine ladder.jpg
979KB, 1480x2119px
Can I just dive into Kant's works? I have come to the point where I don't think I understand anything about the world around me anymore. I seek some answers about ethics and aesthetics. Can I just start reading Kant's second and third critique? I am working in pure mathematics and have had philosophy and logic lectures before but my general knowledge in philosophy is pretty bad outside of the greek classics.

Please help me out
>>
>>9041053
Why don't those fuckin angels slap some demons? ffs, everyone's getting rich off the soul industry
>>
Try Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics first.
>>
>Can I?
No, you can't
>>
>>9041128
Came here to post this.
>>
>>9041128
I don't know if this is an answer to my question or if there's something wrong with my english (or both)
>>
>>9041167
You're too dumb, don't even think you might manage with my Cunt.
>>
>>9041171
fuck me I just got it
>>
>>9041115
Thanks, it might be a good idea to start with something shorter than the critiques
>>
>>9041115
>>9041177
But the prolegomena isn't ethics/aesthetics. Perhaps try the Groundwork
>>
>>9042588
Maybe you have some other recommendations for ethics and/or aesthetics? Not necessarily Kant
>>
>>9041053
At least familiarize yourself with Descartes to Hume, then the Prolegomena, if you want to do it right.
>>
>>9041053
I only did read the groundwork for the metaphysics of moral and it was understandable.
That's probably because it's Kant's "moral for dummies" book.
I guess you can start with that.

Dont even bother to read the third chapter though. Nobody understands that one.
>>
>>9042872
thanks
>>
Why wouldn't you read the first critique if you study pure mathematics?
>>
>>9041053
Descartes, Leibniz, Newton, and Hume are all important in understanding Kant well. However Hume is really the only necessary prerequisite. I really wouldn't try to read any of Kant without reading Hume first. Prolegomena is a nice starting point for Kant.
>>
>>9044235
I definitely should read it, it's just that I am looking for some answer about ethics at the moment.
>>
>>9044895
Kantian ethics works are the place to be.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.