[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lovecraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Nyarlthotep.jpg (19KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Nyarlthotep.jpg
19KB, 320x320px
I want to start reading the Lovecraft Mythos
Which books does /lit/ recommend to get into it?
>>
Literally any of them. Stop talking/thinking about "getting into" it and just start reading it, you fuck. If it's something that actually interests you, why do you need a stranger's advice to help you get started?
>>
>>9039627
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>9039677
it's about which is a good intro so i don't get thrown into the universe without knowing anything
>>
>>9039693
It's called fear towards the unknown for a reason. Just take any short story you want and start from there. But if you really need to know everything about his Mythos before you start reading him just search a wikia or something on the Internet
>>
>>9039693
>so i don't get thrown into the universe without knowing anything
but that's what has happened to everybody
>>
>>9039693
Well... I'm not sure what to tell you. If I had to guess, you'll never actually read any of these books or learn anything beyond the common knowledge memes regarding Cthulhu and Lovecraft in general.

Here's the thing. You say you want to "get into" the "Lovecraft Mythos" and yet you aren't even interested enough in doing the necessary reading and research to figure out where to start. You're a lost cause and you're an anti-intellectual fuckface.
>>
>>9039679
ty
>>
Just pick up an anthology and start reading.
>>
>>9039792
OP's already fucked off back to le reddite to look at more pictures of crochet Cthulhu hats and Lovecraft pastries.
>>
>>9039803
>implying you don't want to eat a crumbly, delicious and unspeakable horror.
>>
>>9039828
Cute food still turns into shit.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.