[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lord of the Rings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: saruman.png (622KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
saruman.png
622KB, 1920x1080px
>Something festers in the heart of Middle-Earth

I know this is a screen from the movie of Lord of the Rings, but this particular scene in the extended edition got me curious and I'd thought I'd ask /lit/ first, what does he mean by this? I don't know the LOTR lore all that well.
>>
I believe he is referring to Denethor, who at the time was using the seeing stone and was unwittingly being influenced by Sauron. Denethor didn't realize that while using the stone he was only seeing what Sauron wanted him to see, and this caused him to despair because all he saw was the destruction of Gondor and what looked like the victory of the enemy.
>>
He was referring to the rotten plot, riddled with more holes than a piece of Swiss cheese.
Saruman was too good a character for that book.
>>
>>9034340

Nothing, it's more bs lines Peter Jackson added for no reason that isn't in the books.
>>
ever since I realised the thing with the eagles I lost all respect for Tolkien. He was just
>>
>>9035135
The Eagles made sense in The Hobbit, it was a fucking kids story and considering all the other silly stuff in that book it was fine. But in the actual LOTR it feels waaay more like a cheap crutch.
>>
>>9034340
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
>>
>>9034340
It means that what Morgoth sowed in helping to shape Middle Earth is metaphysically a part of the reality they live in. Morgoth in Tolkiens lore is Satan.
>>
>>9034340
he refers to Ungoliath or Ungolianth, I'm unsure on the Spelling. Which is something even bigger and badder than even Saurons Boss. Ungolianth is the mother of all Spiders, grown fat and maybe to be THE most powerful being on Arda, even more powerfull than the Valar in Valinor.

She sleeps beneath the Earth, and her characterising Attributes are:
> Be Hungry
> Don't give a Fuck about Anything
> Just Hungry
> Always wants to Eat

She was once an Ally of Melkors (who is the guy who was Saurons Boss) in a Plot against the Valar ( who are essentially the Gods of Arda, of which middle earth is a continent ). This Plot resultet in a semi-victory for Melkor, but most importantly:
Ungolianth got to Devour parts of or the entire Tree of Light in Valinor, and thus became super overpowered. She even tried to take the Silmarils from Melkor and BTFO him so hard he had to GTFO eternally, flee, and eventually got banned from Reality forever.

That is, what I'd imagine, he is referring to.

Which is in essence what Sauron did with Denethor, see this anon >>9034471 , only Sauron couldn't fuck with Sarumans Mind so easily. So instead of showing Saruman a dying middle earth and falling Gondor, he manipulated Saruman into believing that Middle Earth and all of Arda would fall and be devoured by Ungolianth - in which event the consideration becomes this:
> Option 1: Sauron Dictatorship, but Arda and Middle Earth remain in Existence
> Option 2: Ungolianth eats everything, Existene ends thus

Saruman whent with Option 1 and joined forces with Sauron.
>>
>>9035135
>tfw you realise the third Eagle was meant for Gollum because Gandalf believed he could change
Saves it imho
>>
>>9035239
>>9035135
why? if you understand the nature of the eagles in the lore of lotr it makes sense
>>
>>9035650
>became super overpowered. She even tried to take the Silmarils from Melkor and BTFO him so hard he had to GTFO eternally

What are your smoking? Melkor called a bunch of balrogs to help, they whipped the spider shitter silly, drove it away, and it's never mentioned again.
>>
>>9034933
He's actually much more unlikable in the book than the movie.

Which is why I know you haven't read it.
>>
>>9035239
Is this bait? In what way were they a crutch? Because they rescued Sam and Frodo off of mount doom?

Tolkien didn't have to write it so that the mountain erupted while they were still on it. There's no specific reason it had to happen that why. Therefore he wasn't written into a corner. The eagles weren't forced into the story to patch up a plot hole. It was literally just creative choice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.