[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having just finished C&P, I want to read another Dosto novel,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 72399781877527920251349Pic.jpg (18KB, 264x400px) Image search: [Google]
72399781877527920251349Pic.jpg
18KB, 264x400px
Having just finished C&P, I want to read another Dosto novel, and am wondering which one of The Idiot and Demons would be the better choice. I want to read The Brother Karamazov too, but I'm thinking about putting it off for a while, seeing as it's claimed to be his most complex work.

So The Idiot or Demons, which is it?
>>
>>9033849
so what if it's "his most complex"?? just put more effort into understanding it, it's not hard

you are all fucking defeatist plebs
>>
>>9033849
Neither read The Brothers Karamazov that and Crime and Punishment are quite literally the two greatest works of fiction ever written. Source English major who has read close to two hundred or so works of fiction throughout my life
>>
>>9033849
>So The Idiot or Demons, which is it?
Neither, read Notes from the Underground instead.
>>
>>9033878
>>9033880

I'd read The Brothers if I could, but I'm stuck i n a weird situation where I can't.

>>9033888
This shithole of a country I live in has no libraries or bookstores that have Notes. And I don't have the time to wait for 7 days to wait for a book from amazon.

C'mon anons, The Idiot or Demons?
>>
>>9033928
Read The Idiot, it's not difficult.
>>
>>9033940
Agree.
>>
>>9033849

Between those two, read Idiot first.
Demons is actually more complicated than Karamazov, although Karamazov is better to save until later.
Also don't overlook his excellent shorter work, including The Double, The Gambler, and House of the Dead.
(Maybe you can also look into digital copies if you can't find physical copies, if that's an option for you)
>>
>>9033970
>no mention of poor folk
;_;
>>
>>9033979
Ignore all pre-exile books
>>
>>9034000
hey, poor folk was mounds better than the house of the dead.
>>
>>9033880
Only 200?
>>
>>9033849
Brothers Karamazov is one of my favorites I hear good things about the idiot I am about to start it my self so Id say go with that
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.