[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are deckle edged pages so satisfying?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: deckle edge.png (734KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
deckle edge.png
734KB, 500x375px
Why are deckle edged pages so satisfying?
>>
The chances of a papercut are reduced.
>>
Autism.
>>
Because you paid extra for a Penguin Classic with an introduction, additional notes, chronology of author and additional reading recommendations.
>>
>>9025367

Because you have a badly deficient aesthetic and moral sense, and also because you do not actually read books properly.

In fact, deckled edges are deeply unsatisfying, from an objective stance. The usage of the deckled edge is an old persistence which frustrates navigation, and which is done to make an "art object", which is perfectly fine of itself (books are sacred objects), but it is carried to an unreasonable extreme in this case.

If you have actually ever thumbed through a book which has deckled edges, with the intent of feeling the book, finding your place, and actually reading the thing, and you come away with the opinion that deckled edges are superior to the more streamlined modern default, then you have an objectively inferior and deficient opinion. And as a parting shot, let me register one more final reason for why this is so: /when you're thumbing the zag-bit where the pages should instead zig, it is harder to keep track of the pages/. Think about that.

Fuck deckled edges.
>>
>>9025367
This uneven shit is deliberate? I always thought it was a binding error
>>
>>9025782
All of that is in the normal classics editions too, though. The deluxe editions with deckled edges have the same content.
>>
>>9025989
This is the worst thing about deckled edges. It makes flipping through the book and turning pages a pain.
>>
My copy of IJ is like this
>>
>>9025367
i hate them personally
>>
>>9025367
easier to flip the pages, deshita.
>>
>>9025989
If you're trying to find your place, why didn't you use a bookmark?
>>
>>9025367
fuck deckled edges. there's literally no reason for having them. i dont know what it is but i can't buy or read books that have them.
>>9026227
is that the 20th anniversary edition? i wanted to get that version until i found out it had those fucking deckled edges.
which is a shame cause it looked like a nice edition.

unrelated
>original captcha
>bane
kek.
>>
>>9025989
This guy gets it. Deckled edges are for people who buy books as ornaments to be placed on a bookshelf, rather than to actually be read.
>>
>>9025367
this is series of unfortunate events is it?
>>
>>9026501
yes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.