[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What strategy books influenced your worldview?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 717VrgS6G7L.jpg (131KB, 774x1247px) Image search: [Google]
717VrgS6G7L.jpg
131KB, 774x1247px
What strategy books influenced your worldview?
>>
Machiavelli
>>
This book changed my life. I used to always charge uphill to fight my enemies and I would consistently try to confront chariots on the open and flat field but this book finally set me straight. No more executing spies for me, now I give them money to turn double agent and set them free.
>>
The Selfish Gene
>>
>>9025231
I-i don't understand.
>>
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
>>
>>9025010
The Quran
>>
>>9025010

Marcus Aurelius, to be sure.

>“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”

After reading this, I started gobbling down a fat piece of opium every time I had a problem, just like good old Marcus, and my problem would disappear. Such an alpha male.
>>
The Prince
Since I read it, I havent built a single fortress in any of my tenuously held Italian provinces, not only do I spent less money on Swiss Condottieri but I dont have to worry about them being used against me
>>
>>9025252
It illustrates how different genotypes/phenotypes reach balance within nature. Or you could read the Tao Te Ching, if you like to be spoonfed.
>>
>>9025349
I've read it. I'm confused about how it's changed your worldview; being that it's a modestly interesting pop-sci book by a militantly atheistic autist.
>>
File: ay yo scoob.png (118KB, 277x292px) Image search: [Google]
ay yo scoob.png
118KB, 277x292px
>>9025274
kek'd pretty hard at that
>>
>>9025375
I dug the concepts of people as gene vehicles and meme machines. I think that's also where I started developing a flexible perspective in respect to scaling ideas and systems along the axes of time and space.

Thinking, Fast and Slow by Kahneman was pretty dope, too.
>>
File: melancholy-of-department-1916.jpg (404KB, 1425x2214px) Image search: [Google]
melancholy-of-department-1916.jpg
404KB, 1425x2214px
Arms and Influence
>>
>>9025267
>>9025267
>“If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.”
what's Marcus Aurelius end game here? what did he mean by this?
>>
>>9026730
You don't have to be stressed by anything external. You can simply stop worrying by choosing to.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.