[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: become-a-writer[1].jpg (40KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
become-a-writer[1].jpg
40KB, 600x345px
A lot of of write. It doesn't matter what you write, post here. Some ideas:

>Writers block? Bitch here.
>What programs/typewriter do you use to write?
>What do you write? Try-hard deep novels or pulp fantasy novellas?

Fill this out:
>Age
>Gender
>Genre
>Why did you start writing?
>Thoughts on your current undertaking?
>>
>>9023688
>What programs/typewriter do you use to write?
>typewriter

Please tell me no one here actually does this
>>
>>9023688
i use MS word but may switch to google docs and i write genre trash

>31
>male
>fantasy
>storytelling is a fascinating combination of formula and creativity
>i just finished the first draft of my first novel and I now understand why people tell you to finish the first draft no matter what - it's a lot easier to edit from something than to come up with new stuff from nothing. so finish those first drafts, anons, no matter how bad you think it is
>>
>27
>Male
>Wacky absurdism
>I have no friends
>It sucks
>>
>Age
>Gender
Male
>Genre
Unsure
My current undertaking is a short story with the following plot. A physician traveling to different asylums in search of a particular mental disease to pinpoint its relationship with a series of ghastly and unusual murders, along with a religious movement embroiling the urban poor. I am really fucking unsure of it.
>>
>28
>female
>i don't know if there's a genre for that. i hate describtions and i love getting to the point. fiction anyways
>i've always written. probably because i did that (and read a lot) i got told i was good so i continued since i am a weak faggot that thrives on praise
>absolutely chaotic. but i have no intention to ever publish anything anyways so idgaf
>>
>>9023688
>>Age
>>Gender
>>Genre
fantasy, I guess
>>Why did you start writing?
I started writing as a dumb edgelord teen, just because I love books. I wanted to write something too. But no matter how much I write, I always stop after a few pages, just because I lose inspiration/motivation
>>Thoughts on your current undertaking?
I'm pretty optimistic, but I've been optimistic before. Unlike before, however, I've been coming back to this story for a year. I'm still only 9 pages in, but here's to hoping.

this is sort of a deviation from how I normally write. No concrete plot, and sort of hodgepodge and meandering, so maybe it'll actually work this time by virtue that that's how I write anyway.
>>
>Age

>Gender
Female

>Genre
Currently trying them all out. I tend to gravitate towards horror elements, however.

I've been writing since I've been able. I tell stories. It's what I love.

Nothing long-term. I'm just trying out everything. I enjoy screenwriting the most so far, but I don't feel like I'm good at it yet.
>>
>>9023688
25 male, and interested mostly in realism, but enjoy some less than ordinary off shoots as well.

I started writing because I read enough (never enough I know) to know that I liked it and that it was a good medium for me to release some of my personal philosophies if you will.

I would like to get some works published but if I never do I can still live with that. Although after reading some more contemporary novels I think I can if I work hard enough. There's a lot of shit out there. I'm working on a novel now and have a novella and some short stories in the works.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.