[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his Endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: sam.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sam.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
What was his Endgame?
>>
one of those joke studies where every move is forced for both players
>>
>>
Why is modern literature always so negative? Beckett is the prime example for this.
>>
>>9023823
Because the modern world was (is) terrible.
>>
>>9023826
This tee bee aych
>>
File: wojak_by_toshitne-d8sqsel.png (242KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
wojak_by_toshitne-d8sqsel.png
242KB, 1024x1024px
>>9023826
>ywn work 18h days in an idyllic victorian factory
>>
>>9023823
>"He believes in the cadence, the comma, the bite of word on reality, whatever else he believes; and his devotion to them, he makes clear, is a sufficient focus for the reader's attention. In the modern history of literature he is a unique moral figure, not a dreamer of rose-gardens but a cultivator of what will grow in the waste land, who can make us see the exhilarating design that thorns and yucca share with whatever will grow there." - Hugh Kenner
>>
>>9023830
It all went downhill after the industrial revolution, desu
>>
File: 1481989355788.jpg (9KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1481989355788.jpg
9KB, 250x242px
>>9023870
>ywn give birth to 12 children half of whom are stillborn or die in childhood
>>
>>9023826
>t. islamic fundamentalist
>>
>>9023876
I will never give birth, I am a man. But I would love to labor on my farm with my surviving sons while my wife and daughters take care of our home.
>>
>>9023806
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>9023896
>implying you can't do that now
>>
>>9023936
Farms are usually passed down hereditarilly and in the rare cases they are sold, they are sold to other farmers in the area or large corporate farms.
Also, if you weren't raised on a farm you would likely fail at being a farmer.
Also, most of the work is automated now.
>>
You prayed …
[Pause. He corrects himself.] You CRIED for night; it comes…
[Pause. He corrects himself.] It FALLS: now cry in darkness.
[ He repeats, chanting.] You cried for night; it falls: now cry in darkness.
[Pause.] Nicely put, that.
>>
>>9024004
You don't have to be a commercial farmer to live an agrarian lifestyle
>>
>>9024760
I'm fat lazy and addicted to consumerist comforts
Also nihilistically jaded
>>
If you really want to get a sense of the poetry of this play, I suggest gathering three others, assigning parts, and reading through it repeatedly, several times a week, for at least two months.
>>
>>9024004
Its horrible, back breaking labour. Why would you think you'd enjoy it more than your current life? You're making a pretty big assumption. Describe your NEET existence to any farmer and I'm pretty sure they'd choose what you have instead
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.