[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his endgame?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Heidegger.jpg (119KB, 860x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Heidegger.jpg
119KB, 860x1024px
What was his endgame?
>>
>>9023232

Everything to be equal? Death is nothingness, life is nothingness. Nice sort of equilibrium.
>>
>>9023232
Endlösung
>>
>>9023232
The salvation of the white race
>>
>>9023232
gassing le jews xD

In all seriousness, is there an easy intro to Heidegger's thinking out there ANYWHERE? Even encyclopedia articles about his philosophy are pretty incomprehensible.
>>
>>9023349
brah heidegger is fucking Basic

if you're too dumb for heidegger, just fucking give up, dog. focus on making money or whatever stupid people do
>>
>>9023366
damn i always thought i was stupid...once i start with the greeks, will i become smarter?
>>
>>9023232
endgame was Being, dawg. being is time, death unveiling one's innermost being-for-self. nothing every 14-year old atheist doesn't jive with
>>
>>9023349
The 'What is Metaphysics' lecture is what got me into H and I believe it is as accessible as he gets. I'm glad I read it before Sein und Zeit. Also studying him with a good college professor or in a study group with others helps (I've done both).

The thing with Heidegger is, or at least I've found, that he is actually very clear once you understand his terminology. The reason he seems so dense is because of his very elaborate construction of terminology. It's not just because he is an obscurantist though; rather, the things he talks about are almost impossible to articulate, yet are almost implicitly self evident in our experience. H is talking about the underlying premises of our lives that we intuitively know, but never articulate. And he has to create an entire vocabulary to articulate it. Once you get the hang of that, his texts become very clear. This is what was so profound for me at least.
>>
>>9023377
Thanks my man

That stuff about the underlying premises of our lives that we never articulate is what attracts me to Heidegger. I feel as if I'll gain a lot my understanding his work.
>>
>>9023232
One simple sentence:
Die Sprache spricht.
>>
>>9023232
deconstruction and then reverting back to catholicism at the end of his life
>>
>>9023349
Watch these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A04RhtR0imY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt-4hV6Rf1k
>>
>>9023377
things come from nothing, that's it

he used obscure terminology to avoid pretending like he's reifying """""""nothing""""""" and thus avoiding Plato's critique that we make nothing into a thing whenever we speak of it, heidegger just wanted to retain kierkegaards autism in somehow neutrally preserving an experience of 'nothing' without making it into a thing, this is a radical Lutheranism, and explains his shift away from Catholicism, and he probably liked Luther because he was a raging antisemite as well

anyway, im convinced he saw his philosophy as a dead-end but was too proud to admit its failures

look into his discussion with bernard welte at the end of his life

heidegger accepted thomism
>>
>>9023377
I'm currently reading What is Metaphysics and...

Can it be said that the no-thing is also properly described as "thinglessness"? That it is "without thing"? So when he talks about dread, what is happening is that "dread" is being isolated from "things", then becoming "thingless" and therefore a feature of the world, and then it acquaires a "thingness" of its own, and so it's dispelled.

Am ı close to what he's saying here?
>>
>>9023232
>What was his endgame?
to best keep playing?
>>
>>9023996
>t.sombody who didn't understand his works
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.