/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stephen King

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: KingTypewriterphp.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
KingTypewriterphp.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
What are your favorite Stephen King books?
>>
The Spooky Scrotum
>>
is "the eyes of the dragon" any good? Im considering it
>>
>>9021763
the early books. when he starts to deliver 500+ page novels, it all goes downhill. The Stand is good until the explosion 2/3rds into the novel. i'd say stay away from anything after the mid-80's. well, The Green Mile was neat. try to read it as chapbooks. i recently read Joyland and it felt deflated, anemic King. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon is probably the worst thing i've read in ages. i hear the new Hodges trilogy isn't bad, but i doubt i'll give them a read.
>>
>>9021763

Misery, The Dead Zone, and The Stand
>>
The Dark Tower has a good beginning to it.
>>
Quilted Northern
>>
I really think horror only works in literature when it's presented as a short story. Try his earlier stuff.
>>
>>9021969
are you talking about the whole series? or just the first book?
the first book doesnt get good till the end imo.

anyone read christine?
>>
>>9021998
The first three books.
>>
>>9022108
>>9021998
Read the first book long time ago. How did exactly Roland killed the kid? I can't quit remember what happened in the final act of the first book and I just recently finished the second book.
>>
>>9021763
The Mist (Skeleton Crew in general is fun)
Cell (don't watch the movie though)
The Shining
Misery
1408 (short story)
Four Past Midnight
Needful Things

>>9021783
I have it, haven't started reading it - but he has written it for a 13-year-old girl in mind and it is more told like a fairytale so... My cousin said she didn't like it, but w.e. I think it will be a good read once I start reading it
>>
>>9023773
with a 13-year-old girl as his target audience* (his daughter)
>>
Honestly prepared myself mentally for a bashing from anons before typing this buuuut:
Pet Sematary. Ive read 8-12 different stephe nKing books and simply can't help but go back to reread this one every year or so. Maybe it's just the overall slowmoving creepy vibe/ storyline I like as I totally admit the actual writing isn't as good quality as some of his others
>>
>>9021998
Read Christine at around age 15 (25 now)and thought it was creepy as hell at the time but having reread it a couple of years ago it's about the same standard as most of his work. Would prob read again desu, what did you think anon?
>>
>>9021763
The kid parts of IT, with maybe the exception the of the weird orgy. His short story collections are pretty good. I liked Carrie a lot mostly because I'm a sucker for epistolary novels.
>>
The Long Walk
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.