[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is working at a library fun? I want a job that gives me time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

is working at a library fun? I want a job that gives me time to read. I don't care if the pay is terrible, I am at a point in my life I would rather be paid just enough to survive and be comfy reading.
>>
>>9021760
Get a job as security guard or a night shift in a hotel desk, or any job with lots of downtime and fuck all supervision really. Working surrounded by books does not mean you're gonna be reading them at work.
>>
>>9021768
This probably. I paint and listen to audiobooks all day.
>>
It's a job like any other, I don't think you'd have time to read, but it depends on the location, how busy it is. At least you'd be closer to books, and maybe you'd be able take some with you. You probably also need previous experience, and oftentimes a degree.
>>
>>9021768

Listen to this man.
I work at a little library and I hardly have time to read anything. In fact I've gotten warnings for reading on the job.
>>
>>9021786
This. The only position in a library that doesn't require post-secondary is a clerk. Technicians need community college diplomas and librarians have masters degrees.
>>
>>9021780
>>9021768
so security guard or night shift at a hotel? thanks bros. I am about to quit the finance world. just want to read as much as possible and make enough to survive/save a little. reading is really one of the only things I enjoy anymore
>>
File: sweater.jpg (66KB, 564x773px) Image search: [Google]
sweater.jpg
66KB, 564x773px
Unless you're living at home, you will probably have trouble earning just enough to survive and be comfy with a night shift on a hotel desk, security guard, or library worker.

You won't be able to get enough hours (part time employers are cheaper) and you won't have benefits or health care.

Check out Factotum for some tips on how to be a slacker, though.
>>
>>9021804
I've worked at a hotel before and made more than enough to live and save up a little. I'm fairly frugal though, and I worked in a 5 star hotel so the tips were more than half of my salary on the good months.
Even then, we may be used to different standards because it's definetly doable.
>>
>>9021804
You can survive off of minimum wage if you live frugally. These jobs typically pay more than that, in Canada anyways.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.