[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suddenly, this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: determination.jpg (61KB, 765x628px) Image search: [Google]
determination.jpg
61KB, 765x628px
>Be me
>Always wanted to be a writer
>Grew up in an abusive home
>Never bought books, wasn't allowed in the library, now 22 and living in a care home for my autistic ass
>Intelligent but surrounded by trash, while secretly wondering if his intelligence even slightly compared to the minds of those in the greater world, outside of shit country.
>Barely read anything my whole life
>Went to a shit school in shit country, education system stopped educating at the 12 year old mark and started wanking over tests a retard could have passed
>Mostly stopped hating myself over all the shit that went down over the years. bad people did bad things.
>Downloaded some tutorials to "Watch later" and then wasted time all day accomplishing nothing
>Just wasted four fucking hours on a shitty tower defense game I originally started playing while waiting for a video program to finish rendering a shitty jojoke
>The game was fucking terrible and I'm terrible for not noticing sooner
>Fuck this.
>Want to finally get off my ass and write something great
>All I can think of is fanfic stuff
>Fucking jojo's bizarre adventure OCs
>Tempted to pull a "Fifty Shades of Grey" and rename stuff and try to make my derivative unoriginal shit seem original
>Can't decide if putting together something unoriginal out of stolen parts would be better than trying to make that garbage story I dreamed up as a kid good or not
>On one hand, nothing is original. On the other hand, I want to be original.

What do?
>>
learn how to make an interesting post
>>
>>9021655
Wow, incredible. What a great post.

I have no fucking idea what I'm doing, and I want to change that.
>>
>>9021658
You know, insulting me is no way to get my advice.

Good day.
>>
>>9021655
Sorry. I thought responding like that would make me look more serious.
>>
>>9021655
>>9021670
Be nice. This thread is for helping autistic anon.
>>
>>9021658

You just pick something and stick with it

I'd focus on getting out and having real life experiences more, and becoming self sufficient, but really, if you want to write then you just write. You most likely won't be successful in a grand scale way, but you can try. It's your life. Live it in whatever weird way you want. 4chan is not going to pick for you.
>>
>>9021685
This area isn't the kind of place where IRL life experiences are good ones. Though I do go on walks sometime down the cycling path near here.

I know that I want to pick something, I just keep thinking: Do I take the shitty thing I wrote when I was 11 and fantasizing about being a timebending badass with guns in a world of magic and monsters, and try to turn that mess of fantasy tropes into an original setting, or do I rip off Stands and make a series about OC Stand users, calling the Stands something else and giving them some kind of unique backstory?
>>
>>9021648
Look for a book similar to what you want to write, that way you will know how to go about it. Also, try to separate your story into chapters and write everything each chapter should have.

I'd say just start writing short stories, then move to books. Writing a bad story is much less depressing than writing a bad book.
>>
File: renfair.jpg (58KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
renfair.jpg
58KB, 333x500px
>>9021685
>You just pick something and stick with it

Unpopular opinion time.

All practitioners of a craft or occupation undergo some kind of training, yet we expect writers to be natural, exhibiting talent like a precocious zoo animal, or having wild and interesting private lives they can make public for cash as though we were all intellectual strippers.

Read widely, write, read books on writing. Take writing classes. Listen to other writers or how they work. An MFA isn't for everybody and there are a huge amount of problems with academia and diploma mills, but for fuck's sake, stop pretending this is something that just happens.

It's not a god damn birthright lordship. It's a craft, maybe even an occupation, and, if you're lucky, an art.
>>
>>9021883
I like you. Also, she is beautiful.

What should I read first, when writing in the fantasy genre? I've decided to try and make my Jojo's knockoff original.

>>9021840
What "Should" each chapter have?
>>
I came up with some mythology and worldbuilding stuff to explain stands, making them different from the ones in Jojo's. I also have a new name for stands.

Also, has anyone seen RWBY? Almost nothing in that mess of anime tropes and fantasy tropes is original, but it's beloved thanks to great fight scenes and the star power of its creators. Should I do a similar thing? "It's not Materia, it's Dust" and all that?
>>
>>9023310
Whatever you consider that should happen, usually just start a conflict and then build it up until the end of the chapter, make a cliff hanger and in the next chapter you resolve that conflict and start a new one. That way the reader will be hooked.

There's nothing more specific i can tell you about this, if i did, i would be writing your book for you.
>>
>>9021648
Read
>>
What are the best "How to write well and not do this cliche pitfall mistake" sites? I found one and it's good, except for the fact that the writer believes in feminist dogma. Still, as long as you ignore all her posts about women or culture, it's ok.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.